The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Play station 4 or Xbox one

Sedins 55

My opinion from a neutral point: ps4 takes it home.

Sales and everything, ps4 is greatly beating Xbox one. Ps4 is $100 cheaper than the xbox one and offers more. Xbox is more of a entertainment/tv thing/random things not game associated while ps4 is better gaming wise.

http://time.com/102585/playstation-4-vs-xbox-one-sales/

I bought a PS4, never regretted it since.

Here are some Pros & Cons I found for it.

PS4: Pros

• Best game controller Sony has ever made. A built in speaker, light sensor and center touch pad differentiate it the most from the Xbox One Controller.
  • Charging controller in standby via USB only takes a few hours.
  • Install times for games are extremely fast (were talking a few minutes or less) until you can start playing the game while the rest of the game installs in the background.
  • Majority of 3rd party games are running at 60FPS and native 1080P.
  • Console runs extremely quiet. It doesn't add any noise floor to the room.
  • Internal power supply.
  • Smaller than the Xbox One
  • Blu-ray load times and picture quality are excellent.
  • Theoretically more powerful and it's showing early in the life cycle.

PS4: Cons

• The rubber of the dual joysticks are very cheap. The joysticks wearing out is a concern.
  • Battery life is poor IMO 8-10 hours. I feel like I am constantly recharging batteries. (Although you can dim your light bar and play while charging)

I bought a PS4, never regretted it since.

Here are some Pros & Cons I found for it.

PS4: Pros

• Best game controller Sony has ever made. A built in speaker, light sensor and center touch pad differentiate it the most from the Xbox One Controller.
  • Charging controller in standby via USB only takes a few hours.
  • Install times for games are extremely fast (were talking a few minutes or less) until you can start playing the game while the rest of the game installs in the background.
  • Majority of 3rd party games are running at 60FPS and native 1080P.
  • Console runs extremely quiet. It doesn't add any noise floor to the room.
  • Internal power supply.
  • Smaller than the Xbox One
  • Blu-ray load times and picture quality are excellent.
  • Theoretically more powerful and it's showing early in the life cycle.

PS4: Cons

• The rubber of the dual joysticks are very cheap. The joysticks wearing out is a concern.
  • Battery life is poor IMO 8-10 hours. I feel like I am constantly recharging batteries. (Although you can dim your light bar and play while charging)

If I was to address it from a different perspective.

- I hate the PS4 controller. PlayStation's controller never advanced it stayed primitive so despite it surpassing it's PS3 form IMO it is still nothing special. On the other hand one of the few things I praise about the XO is how amazing its controller feels. It feels perfect in my hands.

- You can charge an XO controller via USB while it is off also or from another device (same with PS4)

- Install times are only relevant to your internet connection and speed. Doesn't matter the console the faster your speed the faster it installs. Plus you can also play XO games while they are still installing.

- I can't comment on the blu ray as I never used the XO for it. The XO does handle most games at 60fps and 1080p. However you are correct that the PS4 is the more powerful console but the reports now are that the XO will increase in performance now that they are cutting the Kinect.

IMO the PS4 is better than the XO but I don't think it is a significant difference.

If I was to address it from a different perspective.

- I hate the PS4 controller. PlayStation's controller never advanced it stayed primitive so despite it surpassing it's PS3 form IMO it is still nothing special. On the other hand one of the few things I praise about the XO is how amazing its controller feels. It feels perfect in my hands.

- You can charge an XO controller via USB while it is off also or from another device (same with PS4)

- Install times are only relevant to your internet connection and speed. Doesn't matter the console the faster your speed the faster it installs. Plus you can also play XO games while they are still installing.

- I can't comment on the blu ray as I never used the XO for it. The XO does handle most games at 60fps and 1080p. However you are correct that the PS4 is the more powerful console but the reports now are that the XO will increase in performance now that they are cutting the Kinect.

IMO the PS4 is better than the XO but I don't think it is a significant difference.

I can tell you that this is different from previous gens. The PS3 would take hours to install games, but now it is a lot faster. I believe it also got rid of the "double space needed" problem, where you would need to have twice the space needed to install games (a 5GB game would have needed 10GB free on the PS3).

As for the 60fps, I have seen a fair amount of games less than that, but it should be the norm for most games coming out, so I don't see it as an issue.

My opinion from a neutral point: ps4 takes it home.

Sales and everything, ps4 is greatly beating Xbox one. Ps4 is $100 cheaper than the xbox one and offers more. Xbox is more of a entertainment/tv thing/random things not game associated while ps4 is better gaming wise.

http://time.com/102585/playstation-4-vs-xbox-one-sales/

No. Xbox one drops $100 dollars in June when you can buy it without the Kinect.

Microsoft has been the clear winner in consoles since they started making consoles if you are FPS gamer you get an xbox if you like more RPG you get a sony console.

Personally I think there is no reason to get a next gen console this year wait until late next year when you are going to see next gen only games. The only game right now I believe that is slotted to be next gen only is the new batman game.

I can tell you that this is different from previous gens. The PS3 would take hours to install games, but now it is a lot faster. I believe it also got rid of the "double space needed" problem, where you would need to have twice the space needed to install games (a 5GB game would have needed 10GB free on the PS3).

As for the 60fps, I have seen a fair amount of games less than that, but it should be the norm for most games coming out, so I don't see it as an issue.

I was referring to PS4 vs XO. I owned both briefly and did not notice a significant different in the download speed. But yes I would agree with you that the PS4 is a significant step up from the PS3.

As for the 60fps it is a stat that will flux. The frame rate drops in more intense situations. Higher end PC's will handle it flawlessly (IMO not worth spending the money) but both PS4 and XO will drop below 60 on any 60 game at various points. But given how horribly XO struggled with Titanfall and its frame rate and screen tearing as well as the fact that it is simply lower specs than a PS4 I would say the PS4 holds better than the XO unless the loss of the kinect allows them to increase the power.

Another knock on the XO is I think the space was much lower. I am unsure of this so dont judge if I am wrong but I feel like my XO only had 300 something GB of space while my PS4 was in the 400's despite both marketed at 500GB

I own both. I prefer XB1

Prefer the controllers, XBL over PSN, and the games that will be Xbox exclusive. There's going to be a 500g external hard drive made available soon and honestly, I just have more friends that have X1 than PS4

Honestly I'd go with whatever your friends have more of, or wait until post-E3 where a bunch of info on new games/exclusives/future plans will be dropped.

Hi, so I've decided to buy a next gen console but I can't decide which one is better. So all the people that have one of these consoles, could you tell what the pros and cons. Also which one is better. Thanks

They are basically similar machines overall, especially now that XB One will be selling without Kinect.

You really need to simply answer two questions.

1. Which console do your friends play on?
  2. Which exclusive games have you historically preferred to play?

Otherwise I tend to agree with others here that right now there's a complete lack of games for both systems and no real compelling reasons to buy now. Graphically, games usually take at least a couple of years to catch up and make use of the console's added power.

Longer term, Playstation Now is coming this summer and is Sony's solution to backwards compatibility by letting you "rent" games by streaming it's library of games online via cloud based technology to your PS3 and PS4, and eventually to your PS Vita and Bravia TV's. This will include games from all previous Playstation platforms like the original PS and the PS2.

I'm still very happy with my PS3 and probably will be for some time.

Personally I think there is no reason to get a next gen console this year wait until late next year when you are going to see next gen only games. The only game right now I believe that is slotted to be next gen only is the new batman game.

Agree with this part. Have a PS3 and going to ride it out for a bit. No reason to get the next gem atm really so yea, I'll prolly end up getting in near the end of Summer/Fall time.

No. Xbox one drops $100 dollars in June when you can buy it without the Kinect.

Microsoft has been the clear winner in consoles since they started making consoles if you are FPS gamer you get an xbox if you like more RPG you get a sony console.

I don't think there ever has been a "clear" winner on the consoles.

I'm big with FPS and I prefer Playstation. I'm also big with RPG. I'll play whatever.

For me, I prefer Sony's exclusive game lineup way more than I do with the Xbox ones. I couldn't care any less for the Xbox exclusives. I love the PS controllers more and most of my friends have PS3/4's.

In fact, I can't even name any of my friends who have an Xbox.

I don't wanna sound like a fanboy because that's the one thing I wanna avoid but PS2 sold 100M+ more consoles than the original Xbox. So not really a clear winner imo.

I have the ps4. I like it, don't play it often because of the lack of games right now.

For me, I bought it on release, so price was a big factor. I just didn't find the point of an extra hundred or so dollars for kinect.

Hi, so I've decided to buy a next gen console but I can't decide which one is better. So all the people that have one of these consoles, could you tell what the pros and cons. Also which one is better. Thanks

So it really depends on what youve had before (X360/Ps3). Or if you prefer Sony or Microsoft.

Archived