The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PC Gaming Thread

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Mimerez said:

Has anyone played Battleborn? From what I've seen, looks pretty terrible. I'd love an opinion to see if it's really worth it.

Well I downloaded it in the bundle with many other games for only $15, I haven't tried it yet but i'll give you an updated sometime today when I do.

Hello, can someone please build me a 700% gaming pc that can play Ark: Evolved at high to epic settings... well it doesnt have to be epic but high settings at 50-60 fps would be great.

PM me for the parts pls thx. 

On 2016-07-22 at 9:22 PM, Trebreh said:

Hello, can someone please build me a 700% gaming pc that can play Ark: Evolved at high to epic settings... well it doesnt have to be epic but high settings at 50-60 fps would be great.

PM me for the parts pls thx. 

I'd recommend going to Reddit.com/r/buildapc

There's a ton of great PC heads over there that know what they're doing.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Holy crap I've been on a Dragon Age playing bender.  Just played through Origins and DA:2 in the last several days.  Gonna start on Inquisitions now.

I played the first 2 before, but I never ended up playing Inquisitions.

Now I'm off to download nude patches and weapon/armor patches, etc. for it.  :lol:

As $&!# as Dragon Age 2 was, and as $&!# of a developer Bioware had/(has?) become, Inquisition was a more than acceptable game.

Some of the worst combat I've ever seen in a game, but it looks like they legitimately tried to put effort into the whole endeavour (which was the major problem with their last few entries. They stopped giving a $&!#.)

Inquisition slows down towards the end, but it was one where I disagreed more so stylistically with the endeavour than the quality. The quality was good. Which I can respect far, far, far, far more than anything about Bioware's last few games.

People were right to recommend the game to me, and I'd pass that recommendation on, honestly. I was easily able to enjoy large parts of it.

4 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

As $&!# as Dragon Age 2 was, and as $&!# of a developer Bioware had/(has?) become, Inquisition was a more than acceptable game.

Some of the worst combat I've ever seen in a game, but it looks like they legitimately tried to put effort into the whole endeavour (which was the major problem with their last few entries. They stopped giving a $&!#.)

Inquisition slows down towards the end, but it was one where I disagreed more so stylistically with the endeavour than the quality. The quality was good. Which I can respect far, far, far, far more than anything about Bioware's last few games.

People were right to recommend the game to me, and I'd pass that recommendation on, honestly. I was easily able to enjoy large parts of it.

Some of my favourite parts had to be finding and taking down those dragons.

I wish I wasn't so bored with games these days though. Like, I want to just go back and keep playing my save....exploring all the regions and whatnot. I'm done with it though. I basically had to force myself to beat the main story because nowadays with any game I play I just get bored after like 3 weeks. Besides the first week where I play the hell out of games, like anyone does.

20 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Some of my favourite parts had to be finding and taking down those dragons.

I wish I wasn't so bored with games these days though. Like, I want to just go back and keep playing my save....exploring all the regions and whatnot. I'm done with it though. I basically had to force myself to beat the main story because nowadays with any game I play I just get bored after like 3 weeks. Besides the first week where I play the hell out of games, like anyone does.

Exploring Dragon Age Inquisition wasn't too fun though. Would have liked if it hadn't tried to model itself after Skyrim so hard (it just didn't do a very good job with it.) The thing it did best was dealing with character interaction, dialogue choices, and fleshing out scenes as such. Not quite Dragon Age Origins level in that respect, but it did feel like shades of Mass Effect 2 when it came to how personable that all felt. I say that as a very good thing.

19 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

Exploring Dragon Age Inquisition wasn't too fun though. Would have liked if it hadn't tried to model itself after Skyrim so hard (it just didn't do a very good job with it.) The thing it did best was dealing with character interaction, dialogue choices, and fleshing out scenes as such. Not quite Dragon Age Origins level in that respect, but it did feel like shades of Mass Effect 2 when it came to how personable that all felt. I say that as a very good thing.

Yeah, sometimes the exploration felt a little bland. They did have some beautiful landscapes, however.

I really hope ME: Andromeda or the next Dragon Age will turn the page and be a big step forward.