The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Habs Deal Louis Leblanc to Anaheim

I don't agree with this comparison. Yeah the overall stats look more or less the same, but at least JS had a lot more success in the minors. JS also had a serious injury to deal with last year, plus a crappy year for the whole entire team that couldn't score after Xmas.

In this NHL where depth in scoring wins playoff rounds, we should give him every opportunity to prove himself before getting rid of him.

Defensively sound, and with a career PCT of around 11%, I bet if we give him better line mates, 2nd unit PP time and more ice time he can do something for us.

We need contract openings. This is why the Canucks wash their hands of JS this summer. Unless we do one for one trades and don't pursue any free agents ;)

The Canucks will have 38 contracts if they resign only Tanev & Kassian. They would have 46 contracts if they resign all thier rfas. Now imagine if they got a 3 for 1 deal for Kes ( pick, prospect, roster player) all of a sudden you've got 48 contracts) a two for one deal for Edler would bring you up to 49 contracts. Then lets say you wanna sign your top player of this draft....that's 50 contracts.

So unless your rebuild centres around busts like Schroeder, it's not a wise move to resign players that just plain and simple didnt pan out.

We need contract openings. This is why the Canucks wash their hands of JS this summer. Unless we do one for one trades and don't pursue any free agents ;)

The Canucks will have 38 contracts if they resign only Tanev & Kassian. They would have 46 contracts if they resign all thier rfas. Now imagine if they got a 3 for 1 deal for Kes ( pick, prospect, roster player) all of a sudden you've got 48 contracts) a two for one deal for Edler would bring you up to 49 contracts. Then lets say you wanna sign your top player of this draft....that's 50 contracts.

So unless your rebuild centres around busts like Schroeder, it's not a wise move to resign players that just plain and simple didnt pan out.

I hear ya, and logistically speaking that's all true,

However, I don't feel JS has been given a real opportunity yet, I think there's more to this guy then Josh Holden 2.0

Based on that comparison he's already ahead!

Josh Holden

NHL Stats: 5-9-14 in 60GP

JS

NHL Stats: 6-9-15 in 56 GP

If everything else lines up he'll have a pretty successful career overseas!

/sarcasm

I'm one of the people who REALLY hopes we give him a decent shot this year. Let him get 2/3line minutes with some decent line mates (or at least fellow young guys) see what happens, make a long term decision on him at the end of the season.

Even if we trade Kesler, he's going to be pushed down the depth chart if we select a center at the draft.

Henrik

Horvat

Nylander/Reinhart?

Matthias

Richardson

Schroeder

If he had the tenacity of a guy like Gallagher I would say we could move him to wing, but I just don't think that's in him.

Best that we let him get on with his career somewhere where he actually has a chance to move up.

Even if we trade Kesler, he's going to be pushed down the depth chart if we select a center at the draft.

Henrik

Horvat

Nylander/Reinhart?

Matthias

Richardson

Schroeder

If he had the tenacity of a guy like Gallagher I would say we could move him to wing, but I just don't think that's in him.

Best that we let him get on with his career somewhere where he actually has a chance to move up.

Funny.

If we trade Kesler and don't get a serviceable C in return, JS is one of our 2C to 4C

Lain is currently higher on the depth chart then guys who have never played a game in the NHL.

Henrik

Horvat

Nylander/Reinhart?

Matthias

Richardson

Schroeder

I don't think Horvat will be ready this year, and I seriously doubt if we land any of the available centers in this years draft the'll will play a game here for another couple of years.

Playing Richards as our 2C is a waste of time, He'll never be a true top six guy and that spot could be used to train and or showcase JS,

I know it won't happen though, Aquillini is in totally delusional "Win now" headspace and he won't even consider the fact that the Playoffs/Cup are not a realistic or healthy goal this year.

I really think JS has a little Ronning (pun) in him somewhere waiting to bust out. What he needs is for someone in the Canucks Org. to believe in him.

I've said this many times before and had numerous debates (Aguments?) regarding my point of view on the topic, but I'll say it again:

Pull Jensen and JS aside at training camp and tell them "You guys are top 6 this year...all year...make it happen."

Don't shuttle them down to the fourth line, press box or Utica as soon as they make some minor mistake, the type of mistakes our top dollar vet make all the time! (Not the Sedins, they're pretty reliable)

These two guys could be worth something, either in a trade or to us, if we give them the opportunity to be worthwhile players.

And we have to do this NOW, next year, Horvat, Shink and whoever we get this year will need the diva treatment and these two first rounders will fade into memory like so many before them.

Sort of sets the benchmark for Jordan Schroeder's value in the trade market, doesn't it?

JS - 1st pick/22nd overall 2009; 23 years old; 56GP-6G-9A-15PTS (NHL career)

LL - 1st pick/18th overall 2009; 23 years old; 50GP-5G-5A-10PTS (NHL career)

That does not bode well for JS's value.

Wow good point, really wish you weren't right here but you are :(

Archived