The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Favourite Fan Fiction Theories?

babych

Somewhere out there the movie Sucker Punch makes sense.

No chance. Even the title doesn't make sense.

Its Zack Snyder appealing to the male 18-30 demographic.

I don't care what bs people are pretending its about. It makes no sense.

Made sense to me. Stripper whores with guns. What's the problem?

I think it has cult classic potential in the long run. Just one gloriously overdone movie about stripper whores that just fell totally flat in every regard at the time. Like Showgirls.

There are a ton of great theories out there about the briefcase in Pulp Fiction since it was intended as a MacGuffin, or an empty plot device that could be filled in by the viewers imagination. The one that stuck with me I saw on reddit a couple years ago, quite obviously written by a guy who was very, very stoned.

Basically his theory was the briefcase represents rock & roll, with all the characters as various pop music stars / genres fighting over it.

iirc:

Jules = Chuck Berry

Vincent = Elvis (they both die on the toilet)

Butch = punk rock

Marcellus = hip hop

Mia = Madonna / 80s pop / disco

Marvin = Marvin Gaye (both die from point blank gunshot wounds)

The Wolf = classical music

Pumpkin & Honey Bunny = the british invasion

and the guys in the apt at the beginning + the pawn shop rapists represent music industry suits commercializing and taking the profits etc. It's totally ridiculous but I love it, gotta give props to this guy for staying so focused and fleshing it all out considering how high he must have been.

There are a ton of great theories out there about the briefcase in Pulp Fiction since it was intended as a MacGuffin, or an empty plot device that could be filled in by the viewers imagination. The one that stuck with me I saw on reddit a couple years ago, quite obviously written by a guy who was very, very stoned.

Basically his theory was the briefcase represents rock & roll, with all the characters as various pop music stars / genres fighting over it.

iirc:

Jules = Chuck Berry

Vincent = Elvis (they both die on the toilet)

Butch = punk rock

Marcellus = hip hop

Mia = Madonna / 80s pop / disco

Marvin = Marvin Gaye (both die from point blank gunshot wounds)

The Wolf = classical music

Pumpkin & Honey Bunny = the british invasion

and the guys in the apt at the beginning + the pawn shop rapists represent music industry suits commercializing and taking the profits etc. It's totally ridiculous but I love it, gotta give props to this guy for staying so focused and fleshing it all out considering how high he must have been.

It's a gold lightbulb.

Archived