The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Season 2014/2015

I.Am.Ironman

• 3 weeks later...

Raptors off to a hot start.

Sustainable?

Not if we see indecisive JV all the time.

It's frustrating seeing a big develop. The major problem is that he's a P&R big man, and/or he needs to establish deep post position to be successful. They give him the ball way too far out and at that point he's confused as frack. Lowry is not a p&r PG, even though when he runs it.. I feel the offense runs better because it gets JV excellent looks, and spaces the team out well. Problem I have is that while JV makes ridiculously stupid mistakes, he actually makes fundamentally solid plays on D that Casey seems to ignore. He goes up straight when players attack the paint quite well, and if he wants to he can rebound quite well.

I think Demar is going to struggle on Thursday. Butler's been excellent this season on both sides of the ball. It's up to Ross and the bench to make up for it against whoever's guarding the 3, and when butler's not on the court. I think Lowry gets the better of Rose on Thursday unless Rose's midrange game is working. I think Amir and Gasol are 50/50 on Thursday. JV will get manhandled by Noah with the way the Raptors use him. Give me the Bulls at 95-89 as my prediction.

Over the course of the season, I'll agree with Otis. While the East has improved... the top tier teams haven't. Talent is more diluted now, and we went 48-24 post Rudy gay trade last year. We've improved our bench, and we're going to be able to win more games. 55 wins is a good bar assuming health is relatively good.

Problem I have is that while JV makes ridiculously stupid mistakes, he actually makes fundamentally solid plays on D that Casey seems to ignore. He goes up straight when players attack the paint quite well, and if he wants to he can rebound quite well.

I think Demar is going to struggle on Thursday. Butler's been excellent this season on both sides of the ball. It's up to Ross and the bench to make up for it against whoever's guarding the 3, and when butler's not on the court. I think Lowry gets the better of Rose on Thursday unless Rose's midrange game is working. I think Amir and Gasol are 50/50 on Thursday. JV will get manhandled by Noah with the way the Raptors use him. Give me the Bulls at 95-89 as my prediction.

Well, I was right on some things, wrong on some things. Patterson is a crap post defender and crap rebounder. I don't understand Casey's reluctancy.

I was right about JJ stepping up, but Lou didn't do anything. Won't even touch Greivis. Demar ???? sucked. Lowry did get the better of Rose IMO. Was wrong on the amir/gasol thing. Gasol took a big crap on amir when they matched up..

Bulls won by 7, rather than the 6 I predicted.

edit:

76ers are even worse than the sabres lol.

Kings up 38-8 in first q, up by over 15 with 6 minutes left lose the game..

Sixers may be tanking to get better draft picks and excuse giving lots of playing time to their young players. However having them play and have every other team taking a dump on them night after night may hurt their confidence and surprisingly not want them to stay there and try hard knowing ownership is setting them up to fail.

Why are the Sixers so bad? What happened to the likes of AI, Shawn Bradley and Theo Ratliff?

They decided they no longer wanted to be finishing in the 9th/10th seed like they were 4-5 years ago. Decided to clean house and go full on rebuild. This last year they didn't even draft players who were going to play. 3rd overall pick Joel Embiid is out for the year after having back surgery before the draft and Dareo Saric is playing in Turkey this year

Archived