The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Spaghetti Jerseys

Orka

Love both jerseys and colours. Just imagine how sharp the original '70-'72 jerseys would be in the 80's colours.

Always loved the home yellows. So unique. Represents our beautiful sunsets. :)

Sunsets? We have far more rainsets than sunsets. :lol:

• 2 months later...

Only if its the black version..remember when the Canucks hired a psychologist to design 'aggressive' colors for those jerseys? It was expensive and created quite an uproar (pre-CDC lol)

My favorite quote on those jerseys by Don Lever (IIRC). After a loss in pre season where the new jerseys were first shown to the players and they lost something like 6-0: "They dressed us up like clowns and we played like clowns...". Lever was traded shortly thereafter...

Long live the stick-in-rink; our REAL jersey...

My favorite quote on those jerseys by Don Lever (IIRC). After a loss in pre season where the new jerseys were first shown to the players and they lost something like 6-0: "They dressed us up like clowns and we played like clowns...". Lever was traded shortly thereafter...

Long live the stick-in-rink; our REAL jersey...

I won a signed Henrik jersey. Was quite excited until I saw it was the stinkin' rink. Told my buddy, "Buy me a medium Bieksa blue Orca and I'll trade you straight across". Nope. So it hangs in my closet.

• 3 weeks later...

How can the Flying V have 18% of the votes. :sick:

There's a certain appeal to that jersey in that it's so remarkably ugly people love it. I personally hope it never sees the light of day again, but what it is a fun silly nostalgia thing.

Archived