The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

X-Files returning to Fox with 6 Episodes

Samk

X-Files returns to TV after 13 years off the air

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson will reprise their roles as agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully in a just-confirmed reboot of The X-Files, Fox Broadcasting Company says.

The popular sci-fi series went off the air 13 years ago, taking with it its strange stories of unexplained paranormal drama.

But the cult classic will return to Fox with a limited series of six new episodes, the show's creator Chris Carter revealed in a statement on Tuesday.

The Vancouver-shot show, which centred on Mulder and Scully's investigations into mysterious FBI cases, or "X-Files," won multiple Emmy awards in its nine seasons and inspired two spinoff films.

It also proved to be a major breakout hit for Fox.

"The X-Files was not only a seminal show for both the studio and the network, it was a worldwide phenomenon that shaped pop culture," said Dana Walden and Gary Newman, chairmen and CEOs of Fox Television Group in a statement to Entertainment Weekly.

"I think of it as a 13-year commercial break," said Carter. "The good news is the world has only gotten that much stranger, a perfect time to tell these six stories."

"Few shows on television have drawn such dedicated fans as The X-Files, and we’re ecstatic to give them the next thrilling chapter of Mulder and Scully they've been waiting for.”

Production on the new X-Files series is slated to begin this summer.

It's not clear if the production will return to Vancouver, or if other popular characters, like William B. Davis's Smoking Man will return in the revived show.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/x-files-returns-to-tv-after-13-years-off-the-air-1.3007274

I am so excited for this but are six episodes going to be enough?

Gillian Anderson is currently doing 3 TV series and David Duchovny is doing 1 plus a book tour. I think they don't have the time to do a 20+ season.

Plus I think the writting quality would be better with fewer episodes.

Gillian Anderson is currently doing 3 TV series and David Duchovny is doing 1 plus a book tour. I think they don't have the time to do a 20+ season.

Plus I think the quality the writting quality would be better with fewer episodes.

I would echo this.

I think if more series/writers wrote series with the idea that there is only a 6-10 episode timeline and shelf life of the series it would make for much better viewing.

SOOoooo many TV series' I can think of that needed to end after the first or second series

2irop5x.gif

I'm guessing you didn't watch Smallville either?

no, i did... first couple seasons anyway... was that also filmed at SFU? i feel like Iwould have seen it on campus if it was...

I DID watch the 6th day being filmed, it was pretty cool to watch how they made it. i think i like the film more because i saw it being made...

no, i did... first couple seasons anyway...

Those weren't bad...

They started to ruin it later on when they tried to carry on the series without Alfred Gough and the other guy. Amateurish writing up and down.

Lana Lang and Lex Luthor got it on later on too. Like wtf...

Those weren't bad...

They started to ruin it later on when they tried to carry on the series without Alfred Gough and the other guy. Amateurish writing up and down.

Lana Lang and Lex Luthor got it on later on too. Like wtf...

lol, i either stopped after they started investigating those old "indian" caves, or i came back and watched an episode whenre they did that and I stopped for good. either way that was the last episode i watched.

Edit: chjecked the smallville wiki. i stopped watching in season 3.

lol, i either stopped after they started investigating those old "indian" caves, or i came back and watched an episode whenre they did that and I stopped for good. either way that was the last episode i watched.

Edit: chjecked the smallville wiki. i stopped watching in season 3.

That episode wasn't that bad... there was some kind of prophecy that a superhero was coming.

Lex, obviously, was obsessed with it, and had been studying phenomenon, secretly.

Season 4 was when the said Executive Producers from the start decided to leave. After that, there were some directorial debuts by some cast members too.

But still, the writing was a bit lazy towards the end.

Archived