The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT Canucks Vs Flames FLAMES ADVANCE

Magikal

R U guys high.A group of useless defenseman and a retarded coach that lets a playoff team go thru 6 games not having to hit.I blame Benning and Linden.Same dudes that sign Sbisa to a new contract before seeing what he can do in the playoffs.Then sign a rookie coach to a veteran team.Enough stupidity to go around.Next year will be more of the same unless a bunch of the old farts are gone.

Easier said than done. You have any money to buy out all the vets?

Really sickening to see people knock the Sedins after that performance.

what performance? they had 1 assist each in a must-win elimination game. and 8 points combined for the series.

Kane and Toews had 5 points combined tonight after coming back down from 3-1 to close out their series, and had 15 points in the series just for comparison.

It's not that they lost, it's the way they lost. It sucks. Oh well. Didn't even think we would make the playoffs this year so it was a suprise of a year. On to next year....

Guys like Horvat, Kenins, Sbisa, Kassian, Vey are only getting better imo. JB has sounded like a guy who wants youngsters who on the team. Virtanen and Gaunce are good bets to make this team.

Sedins aren't slowing down anymore. It's not possible haha. Next year should be a good one! We'll be better!

Ducks in 5 btw

Here's my end of season thoughts.

1) if you're still a Canucks fan after this series you're not a wagoner. Frustrating to go through this.

2) I was not happy with millers game. As well our defense seemed outclassed by Calgary.

3) missing Kassian killed us in my opinion. We needed him badly in this series.

4) moving on the young guys got some good experience for next year.

5) lastly, go Anaheim!

I think if there is one huge positive team-type take away from this series it is that - Kassian may be frustrating when he doesn't show up and looks lost sometimes, but he is young, has glimpses of great talent and at the very least would likely have put Ferland in a bodybag. We should not give up on him.

BS penalty in an elimination game. They let so much go. Ferklund should have about 10 penalties by now if they want to call interference / charging by the book.

aTB0QrC.gif

There was no need for bmac to even make that hit and put the referee in a position to make that call. What a bone head play that allowed the flames to tie.

Lack wasn't any better his last couple

Exactly. So why pay 6 million for a goaltender when Lack can do the same thing?

Lack is a solid goaltender who is young and at a great cap hit. Let him develop with our youngsters and ship Miller off for some picks in this deep draft.

The reason why we lost is because Weber and Sbisa got like 20 mins of ice time. We just rolled 3 pairings of D throughout the entire game. I'm not a coach but I don't need to be a coach to know that's not how you win playoff games specifically elimination games. No team has 6 proven NHL Dmen who can play 20 minutes each in playoffs game.

I'd rather have Edler,Tanev and Bieksa, Hamhuis on the ice for 28 minutes and lose then lose with Weber on the ice every other shift.

I said I would enjoy this season until the end, no matter what the outcome.

Canucks played their hearts out tonight. Offense showed up. Miller hasn't been playing at 100% and he still kept us in it with some big saves, but let in some goals he maybe should've had too. I'm not going to be disappointed in the Canucks because they executed what they wanted to do very well and a few mistakes cost them. Maybe if we've got a healthy Miller those mistakes get covered up, but we don't need excuses.

This was a fun season. We were told the Canucks were no good, that they couldn't do anything with the aging Sedins and no Kesler. But this team played great all year, weathered injuries, and came up big in some big moments to push themselves to the playoffs. Not only that, but we got to see the Sedins rejuvenated, Bo Horvat exceed everyone's expectations, Eddie Lack continue his development, and Sven Baertschi.

And they never quit once they got to the playoffs. They nearly forced Game 7 tonight and I'm proud of that. I'm proud of everything this team did this year. It's going to be a long wait, waiting for next season, but I'm excited to add another prospect in the draft, and to see what kind of moves Benning is planning to make. We came into this year with no expectations the team this year showed unbelievable heart and determination.

I feel the need to thank every single player who played for the Canucks this year. They all had a hand in our success up to this point. Definitely guys like the Sedins, Edler, Tanev, Burrows, Horvat, Vrbata, but also all the depth guys who gave us a vastly deeper team than last year and gave us the belief that we could make noise in the playoffs. And we were just a few minutes away from doing that. So thank you to all the Canucks. To any who won't be with the team next year, thank you for giving it your all while you were here. And to those who will be back, let's try and have an even better upcoming season.

Thank you as well to Willie. We might've doubted his methods in the playoffs, but he kept the Sedins fresh and did learn to adjust in the last couple of games. He's a rookie coach and next year, he'll be an even better coach.

And thank you to Trevor Linden and Benning. They iced a team who exceeded expectations, and they delivered when they promised change. I hope they can continue to build this team the way they envision.

And finally, thank you to everyone on CDC, whether you were a blind homer, unconditional hater, or just somewhere in between. You all made the experience that much more enjoyable, and I can't wait to do it all over again next season.

Go Canucks Go!

:canucks::canucks::canucks::canucks::canucks:

Okay all...I will see you next season. I don't want to think about this or the BS reffing right now. Actually, watching the gif above, it was even a worse call than I thought...Mcmillan didn't touch the goalie!!!

Okay, now,

Goodbye...

Archived