The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT Canucks Vs Flames FLAMES ADVANCE

Magikal

Short view is losing this series sucks! Long view is we have some young guys who are up and coming and all in all it was a fun season. Didn't see either team from this series get past Anaheim anyway. Hopefully Horvat, Vey, Sbisa and all the other young players learn to hate losing and as we move some players out, the new guard can mentor the new kids coming up about what it takes to win. Sedins had to learn the hard way losing to Detroit after being up 2. Horvat's turn as our future cornerstone to build from this painful loss and take us to the cup one day. Go Canucks Go!!

No matter how much it hurts, we need to do magic on the D during the summer. JB and Trevor need to do some tough choices and cut a few guys that can't cut it.

Can't see Mathias coming back either. Weber 60/50, probably not.

I agree but I'm not sure what they can do next year on D. Bieksa's ability to contribute has diminished significantly in the last year or two and his decision making seems to be getting worse. I don't know why they insisted on pairing him with Sbisa.

Hamhuis is still fairly steady but he's starting to fade. His physicality seems to be off nowadays though.

Sbisa I'm willing to give another year. He was pretty horrible in the playoffs but he's young and I'm not sure which was worse - his individual play or being paired with Bieksa. Sbisa was serviceable in the regular season when paired with Weber. I still think his contract was a mistake but I'm willing to be proven wrong.

Edler was Edler. I don't see them trading him. Tanev was OK but the guy really, really, really needs to work on two things: offense and not getting steamrolled.

If the Canucks deal Bieksa, I wonder if there's a way to bring Corrado in. He's not going to crush anybody but he played steady when he was up with the team and has more upside than Tanev. Problem is I don't know who would want Bieksa.

3 things

1) Horvat showed us the reason why he was taken 9th overall...that kid is something special and will be for years to come in the blue, green and white.

2) time for the youth fusion to begin as it already has....

3) Sedins still have it. For those who seriously think the twins are old and can't get it done? They literally carried this team as far as they could alone. The team was beaten, battered and bruised yet the twins did all they could to keep this team alive. Im proud of them and think they really showed some good stuff. They did just about everything you could've asked from them.

Tough luck but proud of this team.

Looking on the bright side, no one really expected us to be a playoff team this season, and the regular season was a lot of fun most of the time. Watching the emergence of Horvat throughout the regular season and into the playoffs fantastic. It's been a very long time since we've had a youngster like that establish himself as such an important part of our roster. None of it was perfect, but it was a hell of a lot better than last season.

The playoffs for the most part were a mixed bag. There were games where we played well, games we played like garbage, questionable lineup decisions by Willie, and the works. It's definitely not how any of us would have wanted them to lose, but all we can do is look forward to next season now.

Bring on the draft! I'm excited to see Bennings direction become even further established this summer through the draft and off-season.

Thats not how a team rebuilds... I don't think you understand how it works. The goal isn't to finish 10-7 each season, the goal is to get some top end talent to support your nucleus.

Look at Chicago. Look at Pittsburgh.Look at LA. Look at us (where did we get the Sedin's from?). Look at pretty much any successful team. They all have top end, top 5 picks on their teams.

I don't think you understand how this works - so point proven.

ya because all these teams tanking are turning it around

Florida missing the playoffs

Edmonton missing the playoffs

CBJ missing the playoffs

Carolina missing the playoffs

Buffalo missing the playoffs

Toronto missing the playoffs

all these teams losing season after losing season you get environments like Buffalo and Edmonton that are just pure toxicity for young players

look at the teams remaining

NYR and Anahiem teams that didn't tank for several seasons collecting top picks

Montreal from last year didn't tank for several seasons reached the cup final

LA won the cup didn't collect several high draft picks

tanking the way you suggest doesn't work on it's own you can't rely on 1st overall because you never know what you will get

The only saving grace for me, which is kind of depressing, is that most of this core group is going to be gone in 2 years.

At least they got more kick at the can. Can't wait to see what the young guys are gonna be like in a few years.

Most of the team was pretty underwhelming but I want to give a shoutout to Bo Horvat. The kid played his heart out this playoffs. We're gonna be a great young yeam in a few years.

Need to address the defence for next season though. Christ was that bad.

Archived