The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT Canucks Vs Flames FLAMES ADVANCE

Magikal

This team isn't a Cup contender.

Even if the Canucks came back, it's unlikely they would have gone any further than the second round.

Willie was outcoached in the playoffs, but he's a first year coach. Miller wasn't very good, but he wasn't 100%. The depth is there, but the second line isn't.

What the series has probably done is given Bennings a much clearer idea on the direction the team needs to take during the offseason.

The regular season was fun. It's disappointing how it ended, but the playoffs were fun.

Refs were fine until the 3rd period. They rigged the game after that with calling goalie interference with Mcmillan being pushed into the net. Vancouver players and goalies have been pushed around all series, but no penalties. Then this...??? I am soo pissed.

Sedins played amazing though. They deserved better.

Refs were complete trash in the first period. First 7 minutes of the game missed 3 blatant penalties against the Flames, including one where Edler got high sticked in the face and the Flames got a powerplay out of it

Do we take a shot at Babcock if he's available?

Do you really think that Babcock could have done more this year with Bonino as a 2c, and a d that features Sbisa, Weber, Bieksa and Mr. Rogers (err I meant Tanev).

Its called staying respectable while you cycle in your youth. You want to dump all the vets and collect draft picks like the coilers? Yeah, thats worked well.

Thats not how a team rebuilds... I don't think you understand how it works. The goal isn't to finish 10-7 each season, the goal is to get some top end talent to support your nucleus.

Look at Chicago. Look at Pittsburgh.Look at LA. Look at us (where did we get the Sedin's from?). Look at pretty much any successful team. They all have top end, top 5 picks on their teams.

I don't think you understand how this works - so point proven.

That goalie interference call made me want to puke. How many times has Lack and Miller been run over? then McMillan does a standard bump on whoever it was and Ramo gets taken out by his own defender. That's a penalty? awful awful

I cannot understand the negativity when this season was nothing but success.

If someone told Canucks fans 10 months ago that we would make it to the playoffs as the second seed in the pacific division, people would be elated beyond belief.

Our goal was to make the playoffs, a goal many thought was not possible--but the Canucks did it. We went from 6th worst to 2nd seed in the pacific division. No one can argue that this is a huge turnaround.

There's still a lot of great pieces in this team (Sedins, Horvat, Edler, Tanev, etc.) and we are still improving. We need to fix some glaring holes in our team (our defense) and go on from there. We weren't meant to win the Stanley Cup with this team, but rather use it as a stepping stone for a better next season.

No matter what anyone says the Sedins gave their all and played like the stars they are. Losing both Burrows and Kassian as options hurt their finish a lot. But they were warriors in my book. Horvat too. Kid is a ???? stud.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Baertschi-Horvat-Vrbata

That needs to be our top 6 next year if Benning is not going to get us a superstar top 6 player.

Bieksa and Higgins need to go asap. And Desjardins needs to get off the dicks of the stale vets.

What have kassian and Sven done to get top 6 spots?

Yeah Willie will be a great coach, but man, he made a lot of rookie mistakes throughout the season. Even then, I think we should be happy we even made the playoffs.

Bob Hartley is one hell of a coach, you have to admit.

Archived