The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Your 2016 Hockey Dream (Discussion/Proposals)

OK, there is only two rules, your dream has to be within the cap, and a with a realistic outcome. Play if you would like, pass on if you don't!

Deadline day...................

Hamhuis, to Dallas for 2016 -1st (24 to 28 OA)

Vrbata  to Montreal for Montreal 2016- 2nd and 2016-3rd

Edler  and Grenier to Ottawa for 2016-1st (14 to 16 OA), Lazar and *Cowen      *Move for additional pick if want

Vancouver's 2016-3rd+ to Columbus for their 2016-2nd

Draft Day..........................

Vancouver in 6th OA place, wins 1st OA and trades it to Toronto for 2016-5th OA, Jake Gardiner, 2016-2nd

Picks......................

#1. 5th OA...........Chychrun/Juolevi................................trade down from Toronto

#2. 14th OA.........Sergachyov/McAvoy/Bean.................from Ottawa

#3. 26th OA.........Bean/Hajek/Krys/Clague....................from Dallas

#4. 31st OA........ Hajek/Krys/Clague/.............................from Columbus for Tortorelli

#5. 35th OA..........BPA....................................................From Toronto

#6. 36th OA..........BPA....................................................Our own 2nd

#7. 39th OA..........BPA....................................................From Montreal

#8. 69th OA..........BPA....................................................From Montreal

JUly 1 Free Agent Day Signings..................

Seth Jones (21 yrs)................................7 yrs  at 7,305,315 million for  $51.137,205 million............no clauses

Dan Hanhuis(33 yrs)..............................2 yrs at 2.5 million for 5 million...........................................no clauses

Milan Lucic(27 yrs).................................5 yrs. at 6 Million for 30 million...........................................no clauses

8 hours ago, shiznak said:

Signing Jones is not a realistic outcome.

Why don't you think it is realistic? I don't think Columbus matches and I went to the top of the compensation cap for the penalty, we loose a 2017 1st, 2017 2nd , 2017 3rd..........I don't see how anyone goes above that and I am not sure Columbus matches....

It is a lot, but if you think Jones will be a #1 anytime soon, then it is a very reasonable offer.............now whether Benning takes the risk of the wrath of other GM's, is the question........but it's not far fetched considering his current salary, and his potential, but hey it is my dream.

11 hours ago, A NEW BEGINNING said:

Edler  and Grenier to Ottawa for 2016-1st (14 to 16 OA), Lazar and *Cowen      *Move for additional pick if want

Ottawa wants to get completely fleeced by us for what reason exactly? 

11 hours ago, CanuckMan10 said:

Trading down to get chychrun is not a realistic outcome... 

Here is the thing CM....

I don't really think the idea is out of the question........Matthews, or the Finns could turn out not to reach their ceiling, and Chychrun and Gardiner could turn out to be the best 1-2 in the league, we don't know. Expert have in the past put prospects in the 1st OA position before, and they have never reached their ceiling......

Even when you look at Crosby today, it really was a very short time he was the "Best Player in the World", I would not call him that any more (coincidently, that why he is not "generational"), just a top elite. And he has won how many cups?

Solid depth is much more valuable, and which is why Chicago has had the longevity that Pittsburg hasn't...........so if the deal is right, I am not against trading it away......when the smoke clears Gardiner will be a top 10 Dman in a couple of years. One thing we know for sure is Gardiner is already a very good young seasoned NHL Dman.

I am not saying the posters right, just that it shouldn't be dismissed. After all it is only a dream.

As for Seth Jones............it will happen one day! Just a matter of time......I hope it is not us that looses a player!

5 hours ago, A NEW BEGINNING said:

Why don't you think it is realistic? I don't think Columbus matches and I went to the top of the compensation cap for the penalty, we loose a 2017 1st, 2017 2nd , 2017 3rd..........I don't see how anyone goes above that and I am not sure Columbus matches....

It is a lot, but if you think Jones will be a #1 anytime soon, then it is a very reasonable offer.............now whether Benning takes the risk of the wrath of other GM's, is the question........but it's not far fetched considering his current salary, and his potential, but hey it is my dream.

Lol, when's the last time you saw a future 1-Man's offer sheet was not matched? 

Never.

Its literally impossible don't even try.

Offer sheet proposals are ridiculous. It never happens. 

Trade Deadline:

Trade Vrbata (50% retained) for a 1st 

Trade Hamhuis (50% retained) for a 1st

Trade Prust for a 4th

Trade Weber for a 5th

Lineup Post-Deadline:

Sedin - Sutter - Sedin

Baertschi - Horvat - Hansen

Burrows - Vey - Etem

Zalewski - McCann - Dorsett

Cracknell

Edler - Tanev

Bartkowski - Biega

Hutton - Sbisa 

Pedan

Miller 

Markstrom 

Draft Day:

We pick at 6th, 19th and 25th overall. We also have an extra 4th and 5th round pick as well.

We trade our 3 1st round picks along with one of Boeser or Shinkaurik for the 2nd overall pick. We take Laine with our pick. 

We use 7 other picks on defenseman. 

Later, we trade Miller for a 1st and 3rd in 2017. 

Free Agency:

Total Cap Space: 25.1755 million

Resign:

Hamhuis: 2-years, 2.75 million per

Baertschi: 2-years, 2.5 million per

Etem: 2-years, 1.25 million per

Cracknell: 2-years, 1 million

Biega: 2-years, 1.5 million per

Sign:

Demers: 4-years, 4.5 million per

Total Cap Space: 11.6755 million

2016-17 Lineup: