TO EDM

HANSEN

GRENIER

OLSEN

MTL 3RD/4TH

TO VAN

YAKUPOV

SIGN LUCIC AND OKPOSO

PLACE MCCANN AND VIRTANEN IN UTICA AND MAKE THEM EARN A SPOT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

LINE 1 - SEDIN SEDIN LUCIC

LINE 2A - BAERTSCHI HORVAT YAKUPOV

LINE 2B - GAUNCE SUTTER OKPOSO

LINE 3 - ETEM GRANLUND RODIN

EXTRA FWD: DORSETT

HUTTON HAMONIC

SBISA TANEV

HAMHUIS TRYAMKIN

PEDAN BIEGA

MILLER 

MARKSTROM

I agree that Mccann should go down next year and Hansen is twice he player Yak is so that trade will not happen!I do like the way you are going,but I expect benning to make something big happen this off season and at the draft ,maybe getting us another top ten pick.

16 hours ago, cripplereh said:

I agree that Mccann should go down next year and Hansen is twice he player Yak is so that trade will not happen!I do like the way you are going,but I expect benning to make something big happen this off season and at the draft ,maybe getting us another top ten pick.

JB set things up at the TDL and now you will see the big moves happening. And if not this off-season, then for sure after next season. Last July's UFA signings were Weber and Bartkowski, I wonder if we should expect an even bigger splash this year.

20 hours ago, ice orca said:

Another one that still figures Yak is a good hockey player...the kid is a bust.

Yak has skill. The reason he is labelled as such a bust is because hes playing for the worst franchise ever and hasnt lived up to 1st overall hype. Hes a offensively talented RW with a lot of good years ahead of him. Id take him. The less he costs the better. But I assume the asking price would be similar to my above proposal.

On 23/03/2016 at 11:10 PM, coastal.view said:

yukapov is not worth trading for

and where were you

mccann and virtanen earned their spots on the team in training camp

they were not given special treatment

people on here have such as selection recollection of history

it just so clearly demonstrates their bias

Where were you? McCann and Virtanen were handed spots because they would have had to go to the CHL if they didnt. If you had been payin attention, benning stated they will have to earn their spots next year. Both players would greatly benefit by spending atleast half the year in Utica playing 1st line minites while building chemistry together.

3 minutes ago, Patrick Jane said:

Okposo wont come here ...and play on a 3rd line.  not realistic ...I would only sign Lucic if we can sign him for a 2 year deal.

2nd line if u pay attention. Its hard to label lines 1-4 if you want to be a 4 line team. The minutes will be there

1 minute ago, McHortanen said:

2nd line if u pay attention. Its hard to label lines 1-4 if you want to be a 4 line team. The minutes will be there

No ..he is a 1st line forward..thats my point...if he doesnt stay in NYI...i can see him going to a team like Winnipeg. Cant see us signing two forwards. Maybe 1 Forward and 1 Defenceman.

2 hours ago, McHortanen said:

Where were you? McCann and Virtanen were handed spots because they would have had to go to the CHL if they didnt. If you had been payin attention, benning stated they will have to earn their spots next year. Both players would greatly benefit by spending atleast half the year in Utica playing 1st line minites while building chemistry together.

you are mistaken

go back and review how the spots were earned in training camp

1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

you are mistaken

go back and review how the spots were earned in training camp

He may have said that they earned it, and McCann might have turned heads but there wasnt much good from Virtanen starting out. They want them to learn Canuck hockey, and the ONLY way to make that happen this year was to keep them up, because the CBA eill not allow them to go to Utica. If Utica was an option I 110% believe they would have been sent down. 

He said both are going to Utica next season, and I believe that was always their plan. You people have got to start looking at the big picture of things. What Benning says to the media has to be taken with a grain of salt. Unfortunately they have to say things thats not exactly true or the reporter will cause a bunch of controversy over stupid little things. I figured all Canuck fans would of learned that by now. Guess not.

22 hours ago, McHortanen said:

He may have said that they earned it, and McCann might have turned heads but there wasnt much good from Virtanen starting out. They want them to learn Canuck hockey, and the ONLY way to make that happen this year was to keep them up, because the CBA eill not allow them to go to Utica. If Utica was an option I 110% believe they would have been sent down. 

He said both are going to Utica next season, and I believe that was always their plan. You people have got to start looking at the big picture of things. What Benning says to the media has to be taken with a grain of salt. Unfortunately they have to say things thats not exactly true or the reporter will cause a bunch of controversy over stupid little things. I figured all Canuck fans would of learned that by now. Guess not.

well fearless forecaster i disagree

but we'll see next year

it is not so easy to send a youngster down after a year with the big club

they take huge salary and lifestyle hits

and many younger players do a lot of work to improve in the off season

we are debating hypotheticals and are guessing about next year

and i saw the players who earned spots get them out of training camp

that is why players who had been here longer than youngsters were waived, vey and corrodo come to mind

and why others who were expected to make the big club did not

they youngsters earned their spots

On 3/23/2016 at 7:55 PM, McHortanen said:

TO NYI

EDLER

VEY

HIGGINS

TO VAN

HAMONIC

3RD

TO MTL

BURROWS (1.5M RETAINED)

TO VAN

3RD/4TH

TO EDM

HANSEN

GRENIER

OLSEN

MTL 3RD/4TH

TO VAN

YAKUPOV

SIGN LUCIC AND OKPOSO

PLACE MCCANN AND VIRTANEN IN UTICA AND MAKE THEM EARN A SPOT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

HUTTON HAMONIC

SBISA TANEV

HAMHUIS TRYAMKIN

PEDAN BIEGA

MILLER 

MARKSTROM

Your post lost all credibility when you mention trading for Yak.

On 2016-03-24 at 6:34 AM, McHortanen said:

On 2016-03-24 at 10:39 AM, McHortanen said:

Keep contradicting yourself.

On March 23, 2016 at 6:55 PM, McHortanen said:

TO NYI

EDLER

VEY

HIGGINS

TO VAN

HAMONIC

3RD

TO MTL

BURROWS (1.5M RETAINED)

TO VAN

3RD/4TH

TO EDM

HANSEN

GRENIER

OLSEN

MTL 3RD/4TH

TO VAN

YAKUPOV

SIGN LUCIC AND OKPOSO

HUTTON HAMONIC

SBISA TANEV

HAMHUIS TRYAMKIN

PEDAN BIEGA

MILLER 

MARKSTROM

Hutton-hamonic

chychrun-tanev

hamuis-Tryamkin

On 3/23/2016 at 9:32 AM, ice orca said:

Another one that still figures Yak is a good hockey player...the kid is a bust.

The kid is 22 years old and has been in a dysfunctional system. I think its too early to call him a bust, look how Baertschi has flourished here.

What's proposed for him though is completely ridiculous based on the risk that comes with Yak.

I'd offer something like a 2nd or 3rd in 2017 and conditionally add a 2nd or 3rd in 2018 if the kid can start playing like a 1st rounder.

• Templeton Peck changed the title to [Proposal] Few Offseason Trades

Archived