Matt Bartkowski - Brandon Davidson

Steve Mason

Darcy Kuemper

GreenvilleSwampRabbits.png

Mario Lucia - John Quenneville - Blake Pietila

Steven Lorentz - Justin Dowling - Steve Bernier

Colton Hargrove - Steven Fogarty - Gabriel Gagne 

Filip Ahl - Kameron Kielly - Brian Ferlin

Joey Laleggia *(LW/D) - Nick Magyar - ????

Nelson Nogier - Travis Dermott

Joey Laleggia *(LW/D) - Blake Siebenaler

Chaz Redekopp - Brycen Martin 

Mason Geertson - ????

Marek Mazanec

Jason Kasdorf

Adam Vay

Unsigned Prospects : Elias Pettersson , Jordan Kyrou , Matt Filipe . Luke Green , Jarret Tyszka , Tyler Parsons 

Release:  The New York Rangers wish to release Danny Biega as he has retired from professional hockey and did not play at all last season.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=40194

CanadaDANNY BIEGA

BIRTHYEAR 1991-09-29 BIRTHPLACE Montréal, QC, CAN
AGE 25 NATION Canada
POSITION D SHOOTS R
HEIGHT 183 cm / 6'0" WEIGHT 93 kg / 205 lbs
STATUS Retired
NHL DRAF
Open print friendly window (pop-up) v

It would seem he never returned to play another game in his career after the injury noted below on Jan 3rd 2016...

2015-16

Completed his third professional season and third with the Checkers … Matched his career high in goals (3) despite only playing in 27 games … Tied for first among team defensemen with at least 20 games played with a plus-5 rating … Earned his first NHL recall of the season on 10/9 but did not dress for the Hurricanes … Returned to Charlotte on 10/10 … Set a career high with three points (1g, 2a) in his second game of the season at MIL (10/16) … Assisted on David Wohlberg’s empty-net goal at GR (10/23) … Recorded his second multi-point game of the season with an assist and the game-tying goal at LE (10/31) … Scored six of his eight points on the season during the month of October … Missed four games due to injury from 11/7-11/14 … Scored his third goal of the season vs. IA (11/28) … Assisted on Sergey Tolchinsky’s opening goal at SJ (12/30) … Suffered an injury at ONT (1/3) and missed the final 44 games of the season.

40 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Release:  The New York Rangers wish to release Danny Biega as he has retired from professional hockey and did not play at all last season.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=40194

It would seem he never returned to play another game in his career after the injury noted below on Jan 3rd 2016...

if the EP source counts ... the blues will probably do the same with Nick Magyar  but we´ll wait some weeks though 

7 minutes ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

if the EP source counts ... the blues will probably do the same with Nick Magyar  but we´ll wait some weeks though 

i think if you find back up sources to confirm it has a better chance...found this about Magyar:

August 25, 2016

Magyar moving on

RANGERSAWARDS004Overage forward Nick Magyar will not be back with the Rangers.

The 20-year-old, who could return, has decided to pursue his post-secondary school options.

I will post my lineup again later this weekend, but for now Just some bits that need to be changed as I notice them:

-Retained Salary "Colin Wilson 750k" is on both Florida's sheet and mine. Needs to move to my "Reduced Salary" column" and is correct on Florida's sheet. 

~Joe Colborne can come off my 2017 UFA's list since he has signed with us and is in the linup. 

-Johnny Boychuk is in my minor league and ought to be swapped with Cody Goloubef on the big club

-Jarome Iginla needs to be moved to first line RW of my minor league team

-Lukas Sedlak will be our 5th Centerman for now on the big club

Full lineup another time, but these changes are integral to our situation. Thank you. 

9 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

I will post my lineup again later this weekend, but for now Just some bits that need to be changed as I notice them:

-Retained Salary "Colin Wilson 750k" is on both Florida's sheet and mine. Needs to move to my "Reduced Salary" column" and is correct on Florida's sheet. 

~Joe Colborne can come off my 2017 UFA's list since he has signed with us and is in the linup. 

-Johnny Boychuk is in my minor league and ought to be swapped with Cody Goloubef on the big club

-Jarome Iginla needs to be moved to first line RW of my minor league team

-Lukas Sedlak will be our 5th Centerman for now on the big club

Full lineup another time, but these changes are integral to our situation. Thank you. 

All done

The Blues would like to Termiante  Marek Mazanec´s Contract since he has signed in Europe. 

http://www.tsn.ca/preds-g-mazanec-voids-contract-to-join-khl-1.829603

Nashville Predators goaltender Marek Mazanec has signed with HC Slovan Bratislava of the KHL less than a month after reaching a one-year extension with the Predators.

According to a release by the KHL club, Mazanec and the Predators mutually agreed to void the one-year, two-way contract signed on July 21. The deal, which allowed the two sides to avoid arbitration, would have been worth $650,000 at the NHL level and $100,000 in the AHL.

The 26-year-old made two starts and appeared in four games with the Predators last season, posting an 0-2 record with a 4.72 goals against average and a .839 save percentage. He's appeared in just six NHL contests after playing 25 games as rookie during the 2013-14 season.

This opens the Door to sign Prospect Goalie Tyler Parsons to a Contract.

@canuck2xtreme  Not sure how it works in this league but Matt Greene has retired Today  , does his Buyout Salary remains in our Books or will it be cancelled? 

The Bruins would like to release Dwight King from his contract, and wish him well with Avtomobilist. http://www.tsn.ca/ex-habs-f-king-signs-two-year-deal-in-khl-1.829811

I remember starting as a gm, and losing Scott Parse (a young NHL call-up) to injury, so I thought it would be a good idea to sign the RL Kings 'next best' call-up, and I did. Probably my 5th or 6th signing as a gm.

This was Dwight King. Scored in his first game, and through 365 CDCGML games Dwight posted 53 goals, 109 assists, 98 pims and a career +3. Dwight literally played up and down the roster, from top line and PP, to grit and special teams (in RL and in CDCGML)! 

Not a flashy player, but certainly fulfilled his duties, and left it all on the ice. Likely why he departs the NHL with two Stanley cup victories. Thanks Dwight, for a quick-sign space filler, that sure was a great 7 years. 

Long live the 'King'! :lol:

What a difference a year makes for the Habs...  :blink:

(bold indicates still here from last October)

2016-17 Opening Night Roster                                              Current 2017-18 Depth Chart

Larkin - Galchenyuk - Nash                                                     Domi - Galchenyuk - Eberle

Domi - Soderberg - Johansson                                                Patrick - Eakin - Neal

Roussel - Eller - Comeau                                                         Roussel - Soderberg - Connolly

Upshall - Gagner - Setoguchi                                                   Nieto - Lowry - Dano

Wagner - Slepyshev                                                                 Comeau

Burns - E. Johnson                                                                  Burns - Dotchin

Demers - Greene                                                                     Theodore - E. Johnson

Coburn - Redmond                                                                  Coburn - Hickey

Santini                                                                                      Santini - Stoner/DeAngelo

Lundqvist                                                                                  Lundqvist

Griess                                                                                       Neuvirth

The Bruins would like to release Quinton Howden from his contract, and wish him well with Dinamo-Minsk in the KHL. 

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/quinton-howden-joining-russian-club/

drafted 1st round in 2010... probably my most disappointing draftee. 

Rough draft year all around for growth for my team that year... my other 1st went to Joey Hishon... ouch.

seven years ago :goat:.

Archived