The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2016 NHL Entry Draft

Just now, jono2009 said:

That's just my opinion. Like you are allowed your own. I think there are far better D out there to try and get than him. Again, my opinion. 

You can say whatever you want about his standing with other D-men out there, but saying he's unproven is wrong. He's proven he's a top 4 defender that eats up minutes. And that was FLORIDA's defense. He immediately improves our defense by a lot.

23 minutes ago, jono2009 said:

Agreed, it's just depressing seeing our former picks (high 2nd for unproven Gudbranson) and the pick we gave Montreal to get rid of Kassian and receive Prust. 

At least we have a 1st.

NYR don't have a 1st or 2nd lol

2 minutes ago, CANUCK-EXPRESS said:

DUBOIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im prepared to be disappointed today, its the Canucks way.

I'm kind of feeling the same way. I've been waiting for this draft for months, hoping for one of: Puljujarvi, Dubois or Tkachuk, but I also have this sinking feeling that JB could trade down and get a player I'm not that excited about. Or thinking maybe he'll be able to trade Burrows, Higgins and Sbisa for picks, or that JB will sign Lucic, Okposo or Eriksson, but nothing will pan out. (like the trade deadline)

Hope I'm wrong and it's an exciting active day for the Canucks

38 minutes ago, jono2009 said:

That's just my opinion. Like you are allowed your own. I think there are far better D out there to try and get than him. Again, my opinion. 

Its an uneducated opinion, which is dangerous, and unnecessarily negative.

Would love to see the Canucks make a big splash at the draft.  Saw this quote earlier though, "Canucks don't have the assets to make a big move like Subban..."

It's true, we don't  How long have we been saying that though?  

Archived