Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

numb3r 16

[Preseason GDT/PGT] Canucks-1 Referees-2 - SEPT30

Next time Stetcher plays, will he show another strong performance?  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

beartschi Horvat Hansen

etem Sutter Rodin

gaunce Granlund Dorsette

burrows

virtanen in ahl, first call up

 

edler Tanev

hutton Gudbranson

sbisa Stretcher

tryamkin

pedan

 

larsen, biega waived

i nice 3rd pair would have been Hamhuis and stretcher and switched him and tryamkin in and out until the top 5 had an injury, but that would just make too much sense for jb

 

Looks good, except.  (Of course there's an exceptB))

 

Etem hasn't earned a spot, and Pedan can play a very heavy wing game.  How about we waive Etem, and keep Pedan as the extra forward, allowing us to keep Larsen?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure you cut a wing for a conversion project. Etem hasn't lit the world on fire this pre-season but I wasn't impressed with Pedan last year either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, alfstonker said:

 

I agree, pairing Tryamkin with a cool seasoned (but still relatively young) Tanev is the way to go. Pairing Stecher with Edler is the same and might lead to some dynamic offence for us. Hutton and Gud are also a good pairing of experience and swagger which can hopefully blunt the opposing top lines.

For all the love you give Desjardins do you actually think he is going to put our best d-man on the 3rd pairing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ice orca said:

For all the love you give Desjardins do you actually think he is going to put our best d-man on the 3rd pairing?

 

I just don't see WD getting "creative". I think our top 4 are a lock with Edler-Tanev, Hutton-Guddy. Its a pretty safe, and also pretty darn good top 4. 

 

I don't understand why do many posters are writing off Larsen so soon. He's a great skater, and was putting shots up to the F group. It wasn't much of a skilled group either! I want to wait and see what happens with Larsen patrolling the blue line and getting pucks accurately up to the Sedins-Loui line before making a final call there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people giving up on Larsen after one pre-season game?  Sbisa doesn't even get that?  Even Rodin?  (Distracted new father) Etem?

 

Can't see the Canucks throwing away these guys on waivers.  I don't think we will see much in the way of additions to the team at the beginning of the season.  Management will send down the waiver exempt guys to allow for more time to evaluate players and make trades, if need be.  There's no rush.

 

It's a long (riddled with injury) season ahead.  We'll be seeing Utica players soon enough.  We will likely see +++ of Gaunce, as the team needs to see if he is worthy of being protected at the end of the season.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Looks good, except.  (Of course there's an exceptB))

 

Etem hasn't earned a spot, and Pedan can play a very heavy wing game.  How about we waive Etem, and keep Pedan as the extra forward, allowing us to keep Larsen?   

 

...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Some people giving up on Larsen after one pre-season game?  Sbisa doesn't even get that?  Even Rodin?  (Distracted new father) Etem?

 

Can't see the Canucks throwing away these guys on waivers.  I don't think we will see much in the way of additions to the team at the beginning of the season.  Management will send down the waiver exempt guys to allow for more time to evaluate players and make trades, if need be.  There's no rush.

 

It's a long (riddled with injury) season ahead.  We'll be seeing Utica players soon enough.  We will likely see +++ of Gaunce, as the team needs to see if he is worthy of being protected at the end of the season.

 

 

In one game Stecher has shown the same skills but more hunger, more grit and more poise in puck battles.

 

Larsen has shown a bit of timidness that will keep him from reaching his potential,  that said I still expect Larsen to be on the team until they get an injury to a top 6 D. and bring up Stecher as a replacement,  from point on Larsen's time with us be short or press boxed for the rest of the year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

 

You silly goose...no way Rodin is not on the team...

I don't know why I forgot about him, but he's close.  Probably closer to 2nd line LW than Guance is but I'm just tossing around ideas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want to finesse the roster it's pretty easy.

 

Guance,Virtanen, Stecher go the minors.

 

Only one exposed is Biega the most unlikely to be claimed.

 

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

Baertschi-Horvat-Rodin

Hansen- Sutter-Etem

Burrows-Granlund-Dorsett

Labate

 

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Gudbransson

Sbisa-Larsen

Tryamkin-Pedan

 

Miller

Markstrom

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our 2011 draft 

 

Original 

1st rd -Jensen

2nd rd - nothing

3rd rd - Honzik/Grenier

4th rd - Labate/Bloom

 

Now its

Etem

Granlund/Clendening(traded for Brandon Sutter)

Pedan 

Labate

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ice orca said:

For all the love you give Desjardins do you actually think he is going to put our best d-man on the 3rd pairing?

 

Well firstly, I don't give him anything, I just think he deserves a fair chance to prove himself, is that not what we all expect in life?

 

As for pairing Tryamkin with Tanev, I don't know what the pairings will be I just think that Tanev would be the right player to bring him through, that is if we expect Tryampkin to be a big part in our future D. It really all depends who we go with but I don't think it is smart to put a rookie with another rookie or even someone like Sbisa who is going to be trying to get his own game back.

 

I just enjoy the fact we at last have some good, physical options on D at last.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

 

I just don't see WD getting "creative". I think our top 4 are a lock with Edler-Tanev, Hutton-Guddy. Its a pretty safe, and also pretty darn good top 4. 

 

I don't understand why do many posters are writing off Larsen so soon. He's a great skater, and was putting shots up to the F group. It wasn't much of a skilled group either! I want to wait and see what happens with Larsen patrolling the blue line and getting pucks accurately up to the Sedins-Loui line before making a final call there. 

 

I am not giving up on Larsen BUT I have to ask, has he shown the compete level and the physicality to oust even someone like Stecher who has shown plenty of both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

 

I am not giving up on Larsen BUT I have to ask, has he shown the compete level and the physicality to oust even someone like Stecher who has shown plenty of both.

 

well.... hmm. Its an interesting question because their styles are so different. Larsen is much more "Euro" - strong skating, passing and less physical, and Stecher seems to be a "good Canadian kid" as Don Cherry would say. Which style will lead to more wins, on this team they way its built now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heh, I just realized that if Rodin plays with Baer and Bo, that lines' numbers will be the same as last year.

 

Whoops, wrong thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

If you want to finesse the roster it's pretty easy.

 

Guance,Virtanen, Stecher go the minors.

 

Only one exposed is Biega the most unlikely to be claimed.

 

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

Baertschi-Horvat-Rodin

Hansen- Sutter-Etem

Burrows-Granlund-Dorsett

Labate

 

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Gudbransson

Sbisa-Larsen

Tryamkin-Pedan

 

Miller

Markstrom

 

I can't see Gaunce being sent down again.  I also don't think Dorsett deserves to stay this year given the younger, cheaper, and as effective youth available......not that GM JB will move him though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.