The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2016-17

Nail

Anaheim Ducks draft report

#42- Michael DiPietro(drafted #64 by Vancouver -22)

Only took him that early cuz of all the goalies flying off the board

#45- Filip Chytil(drafted #21 by NYR +24)

#70- Morgan Frost(drafted #27 by Philadelphia +43)

#72- Ian Mitchell(drafted #57 by Chicago +15)

#73- Ostap Safin(drafted #115 by Edmonton -42)

#74- Robin Salo(drafted #46 by NYI +28)

#78- Jake Lechyshyn(drafted #62 by Vegas +16)

#85- Adam Ruzicka(drafted #109 by Calgary -24)

#150- Eetu Luostarinen(drafted #42 by Carolina +108)

#154- Jack Rathbone(drafted #94 by Vancouver +60)

Gotta say thats a pretty good haul I got there.

Blackhawks CDCFL 2017 Draft Class 

#3 Gabriel Vilardi (11th Kings) -8

#27 Conor Timmins (31st Avalanche) -4

#39 Maxime Comtois (50th Ducks) -11

#113 Pavel Koltygin (176th Predators) -66

#119 Zach Gallant (83rd Redwings) +36

#128 Macauley Carson (Undrafted) 

Vilardi not even selected in the top 10 but we are really confident in Gabriel. Timmins close ... We hope we grabbed a solid

Future NHL Defender. Comtois also felt some Spots but 50th is still okay. Koltygin far away from the Top 100 .

He will need time to develope , specially his defensive play. "Only" Positive Note...Zach Gallant moved up 36 Spots IRL.

Carson was a "risky" move but we had the hope that he will be a surprise Pick with 30 Goals in the Juniors this Season and his size.

Maybe someone will pick him next Season. 

1 minute ago, Master Mind said:

We have a trade to announce...

To TBL: Petr Mrazek (1.8M retained for duration of contract)

To SJS: Dale Weise, 2019 Van 2nd, Alexander Dergachyov, Will Borgen

Thanks to @Jaku for making this deal happen. This helps solidify our back up position to a point we are comfortable. We had to lose a couple good prospects to make this happen. But finally shedding the Weise contract for one that will produce a bit better was a step in the right direction. We wish good luck to the 3. We also hope Petr can return to form and the potential that he had/has will re surface. Thanks @Master Mind for processing

5 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

We have a trade to announce...

To TBL: Petr Mrazek (1.8M retained for duration of contract)

To SJS: Dale Weise, 2019 Van 2nd, Alexander Dergachyov, Will Borgen

I assume it is TBL 2nd not VAN?

Tonight at 11:59 PM PST is the last possible time to place players on waivers with the purpose of a buyout. The buyout window ends tomorrow.

The free agent list is updated here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/102tkwG1iz18HdHxmFpgOWY7qOW3-TpB-j9ESlI-Qv8E/edit#gid=637931052 .

Starting on Tuesday, teams can send in free agent offers for a 4 day period. Players will start to sign on July 1st.

Pre-determined players in which @Monty will be attempting to sign, will be handled by myself during the free agency period.

New York Rangers 2017 Draft Class

Nicolas Hague 22nd overall - drafted by Vegas Golden Knights 34th overall (-11)

Jack Studnicka 155th overall - drafted by Boston Bruins 53rd overall (+102)

Another small draft class for my Rangers, but seems like I was able to draft two quality players. Studnicka seems like a nice steal from the 5th round, jumping all the way to the 2nd IRL. 

New York Rangers All-Time Draft

2014 Draft Class

77 (3rd round) - Justin Kirkland, 0 NHL games played

88 (3rd round) - Luc Snuggerud, 0 NHL games played

118 (4th round) - Brandon Hickey, 0 NHL games played

148 (5th round) - Julien Pelletier, 0 NHL games played

Draft recap: The draft kicked off by trading our 1st round pick (28th overall) to Calgary for a 1st round pick in the following year (ended up to be Mikko Rantanen). The remaining picks stocked up our prospect cupboard. Many are just reaching pro hockey after spending some time in college programs. Brandon Hickey is the intriguing name from this class, and should be fun to watch develop in the upcoming seasons.

2015 Draft Class

11 (1st round) - Mikko Rantanen, 84 NHL games played

25 (1st round) - Joel Eriksson-Ek, 15 NHL games played

55 (2nd round) - Zach Senyshyn, 0 NHL games played

Draft Recap: After not drafting in the first two rounds the year previous, we had 3 picks in the top 60 this year. Rantanen and Eriksson-Ek look to be home run picks after developing nicely. Both should be pushing their way onto prominent roles on their NHL squads this upcoming year. Senyshyn ended up being drafted by Boston in the mid first round and recently put up back-to-back 40+ goal seasons with his junior squad. 

2016 Draft Class

2 (1st round) - Patrik Laine, 73 NHL games played

36 (2nd round) - Samuel Girard, 0 NHL games played

66 (3rd round) - Carter Hart, 0 NHL games played

Draft Recap: After drafting an elite Finnish forward in 2015, we followed up with a special kind of elite Finn in 2016. Patrik Laine tore it up in his rookie season, posting 36 goals and 64 points. Girard produced another 70 point season in the QMJHL, and looks to transition to the AHL this upcoming year. Meanwhile, 3rd round pick Carter Hart started for team Canada at the WJC. He is a nice long term project, following in the footsteps of Matt Murray and Malcolm Subban.

2017 Draft Class

22 (1st round) Nicolas Hague, 0 NHL games played*

155 (5th round) Jack Studnicka, 0 NHL games played*

Draft Recap: This most recent class is our smallest draft class. Hague and Studnicka look to be at least a few years away from making a push for a NHL roster spot, but look to be nice prospects in the system. 

I really feel like in the limited amount of draft selections I have had, there have been some nice hits. Rantanen, Eriksson-Ek and Laine all look to be part of the New York Rangers for years to come. I have only averaged 3 draft picks each year, price of being a playoff contender and trading for rental players. Next year I currently have 7 draft picks, so hopefully I can hang onto a few more. 

Archived