The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Jake Virtanen LW

31 minutes ago, Justdean10 said:

Gudbranson, isn't a player you want sitting 5 minutes because of fighting

Dorsett isn't a player you want playing 8-10 minutes a night.

On 10/8/2016 at 3:08 PM, CanuckMan10 said:

Hey everyone, I read an article on Canucks Army today about whether or not Jake Virtanen should stay in Vancouver or go to Utica. I really liked one of the answers and figured this was worth a discussion.

Here is the responders answer:

Roast away...

I like the idea, even though Jake had a less than stellar preseason, it's worth a shot.

The problem is, at least so far as I can tell - NHL coaching is all about defensive position everywhere on the ice. Coaching to a boredom level of 9.8 just so your RH shot is on the R side for boring board play. It's tired, boring and boring.

Dmen throw the puck down the boards, it makes sense to have you stick there to intercept clearing attempts... but I wouldn't mind higher scoring games. 

I don't see it happening except in the PP. I love the idea, but Willy is too damn old and boring to change how he coaches his boring style of hockey

4 minutes ago, dura_mater said:

Not sure who Nattinen is but what does swapping Tryamkin for Theodore accomplish?  I know Theodore is talented but guys as big as Tryamkin don't grow on trees.

Nattinen is the prospect Benning had ranked right behind Boeser in the leaked photo of his 2015 draft list. He fell to the 2nd round but ever since has looked very good and was one of their later cuts this year, looks promising.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 3:12 PM, Alflives said:

eho are either of those guys?  

Theodore is a gifted offensive d man (on the smaller side) player for Anaheim.  The only reason he has been up and down (minors) so often this season is because Anaheim has a logjam on D.

Archived