The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vegas Golden Knights Thread

On 8/15/2017 at 6:17 AM, Crimson-JH said:

I just bought tickets for the home opener (It was not cheap... $175 for the nosebleed), and both Canucks games for the 2018 

Can you imagine what Stanley Cup tickets will go for there if this is any indication.  If the team survives beyond the hype of the initial buzz and the revenue lost to the coming Raiders, Bettman and company will arrange a cup for them within 5 to 6 years.  Bet on it.

On 8/14/2017 at 5:37 PM, Ghostsof1915 said:

Yes I want it to fail, because I want Gary out. 

As much as I dislike Gary... I don't see it failing... at least not while they are the only big sports team in town. 

The local people there want a team to get behind on and I think it'll be a good fit for the city.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2017-08-16 at 7:46 AM, Johnny Shotgun said:

Can you imagine what Stanley Cup tickets will go for there if this is any indication.  If the team survives beyond the hype of the initial buzz and the revenue lost to the coming Raiders, Bettman and company will arrange a cup for them within 5 to 6 years.  Bet on it.

I can't believe there is still talk of this garbage. 

Bettman and co. Couldn't keep the officiating bias quiet with Colin Campbell's leaked emails.

There is absolutely no way the league is competent enough to fix a Stanley Cup win without someone messing that up as well. 

9 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

That costume looks like a lot of fun right up until the moment he has to take a dump.

Lol, he only has the armour just above his waist and wearing black jean... That guy is the "VGK Ultimate Fan," he is also the winner to design most part of Calvin Pickard's mask...  I was the finalist runner-up and part of my design is already on his mask too. 

On 10/3/2017 at 11:28 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Due to the aftermath of yesterdays shooting, Golden Knights have cancelled their inaugural Fan Fest with the D Las Vegas that was scheduled for today.

That's devastating... it was supposed to be a great event for them. Hopefully this doesn't affect their attendance... I'm sure security will be at an all time high. 

On a side note, looks like Jason Garrison and Sbisa will be paired together for the opener... they are automatically, by far my favourite D pairing in the NHL (not Canucks included) 

I hope Luca and Jason will have great years :)

On 10/2/2017 at 0:41 AM, Hairy Kneel said:

Who's getting cut or released.

Any waiver tid bits?

Malcolm Subban claimed

Calvin Pickard waived

Theodore, Tuch, and Shipachyov sent to AHL. They have to make some trades to clear up space and call them back up.

Archived