The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vegas Golden Knights Thread

What the heck is going on with their goalies? I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but 4 goalies injured in the first 17 games? That's just crazy!

Is there a record for most goalies to play for one team in a single season? I feel like Vegas must be coming close.

5 hours ago, Diamonds said:

What the heck is going on with their goalies? I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but 4 goalies injured in the first 17 games? That's just crazy!

Is there a record for most goalies to play for one team in a single season? I feel like Vegas must be coming close.

Subban and MAFhave to be close to returning.

I feel so bad for Vegas. If Legace is out even for one more game, they will have a 19 year old goalie drafted this year, from the WHL, in which he was struggling with a save percentage of .878 in 13 games played running the show.  It also sucks for Ferguson himself, hopefully this stint doesn't affect his development too poorly. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2017 at 2:51 PM, hanzolo said:

I feel so bad for Vegas. If Legace is out even for one more game, they will have a 19 year old goalie drafted this year, from the WHL, in which he was struggling with a save percentage of .878 in 13 games played running the show.  It also sucks for Ferguson himself, hopefully this stint doesn't affect his development too poorly. 

Nope, I don't feel bad for them at all lol.

Currently sitting 2nd overall in league standings?!  That expansion draft was WAY too beneficial to an expansion team.  If it was Quebec City or Hamilton, I wonder if they would have received the Vegas treatment...

• 2 weeks later...

The US Army has officially opposed Black Knight Sports and Entertainment's "Golden Knights" trademark under the following sections of the Trademark Act.

2(d): priority and likelihood of confusion

2 and 43(c): dilution by blurring

2(a): false suggestion of a connection with persons, living or dead, institutions, beliefs, or national symbols, or brings them into contempt, or disrepute.

The Golden Knights have until February 19th to respond to the filing or the risk losing their trademark.

Winning in Vegas.  Good read.   

(One day, a NHL star will come from the Vegas desert city.  See Arizona - some guy named Matthews)

LAS VEGAS -- The fans lined the length of a city block, six deep on each side of a red carpet, and packed the area in front of a stage. Fathers and sons, mothers and daughters. Wearing hats, shirts and jerseys. Holding signs, pens and phones. Cheering. Chanting.

Ten thousand people, according to an estimate by Patrick Hughes, president of the Fremont Street Experience, a seven-block entertainment district in downtown Las Vegas.

Ten thousand people. For a Fan Fest on a Sunday afternoon. For an NHL expansion team about halfway through its inaugural season................................................................................................................................................................................................................This is just the beginning.

"It's been a really cool story so far," Neal said. "Hopefully we can keep it going. This city's going to be one crazy hockey city."

https://www.nhl.com/news/vegas-golden-knights-fan-fest-brings-ten-thousand-people/c-294964662?tid=277548856

Archived