The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vegas Golden Knights Thread

2 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Arguably the most entertaining team in hockey.

nashville has the best stadium/fans and last nights game the Knights preds is what nhl hockey is all about

Have to agree. Preds fans were great in the finals last year. Vegas is real fast through all four lines. Fun to watch. 

17 minutes ago, rekker said:

Have to agree. Preds fans were great in the finals last year. Vegas is real fast through all four lines. Fun to watch. 

They have the killer instinct and are very well coached.

with the preds injury list the knights hit every thing that moved last night and even knocked out, (literally), one of my favs, RyJo.

imo they are a legit contender.

47 minutes ago, riffraff said:

They have the killer instinct and are very well coached.

with the preds injury list the knights hit every thing that moved last night and even knocked out, (literally), one of my favs, RyJo.

imo they are a legit contender.

Yip. They may be another sun belt team to hoist the cup before us. Uggg.

Can Vegas really win the Stanley Cup?  Would Gary Bettman instruct the referees to fix games so they don't win, or maybe play players on the opposing teams to injure star players on Vegas?  

Seriously, if Vegas actually won the Cup how would it affect the league?  Would Edmonton officially surrender and fold and auction Connor McJesus to the highest bidder ala Gretzky?  It's gonna be an interesting and fun next few months!!!

Go Vegas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

Can Vegas really win the Stanley Cup?  Would Gary Bettman instruct the referees to fix games so they don't win, or maybe play players on the opposing teams to injure star players on Vegas?  

Seriously, if Vegas actually won the Cup how would it affect the league?  Would Edmonton officially surrender and fold and auction Connor McJesus to the highest bidder ala Gretzky?  It's gonna be an interesting and fun next few months!!!

I think a lot of fans from other NHL cities will get behind Vegas, as their teams are eliminated.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/01/2018 at 4:40 PM, Harvey Spector said:

It will be really interesting. Maybe they would set a precident. Don't need the 12 million dollar player. Just the right combo to run four lines and six D. I'm kind of rooting for them. 

Gotta like how Vegas is going to be in trouble keeping alot of their talent next year. They won't be nearly as good.

Due for raises are Karlsson, Theodore, Neal, Perron. and Miller. Not to mention Marchessault's big contract kicks in.

With little depth on the farm we should see them take quite a big dip next season you would think.

17 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Gotta like how Vegas is going to be in trouble keeping alot of their talent next year. They won't be nearly as good.

Due for raises are Karlsson, Theodore, Neal, Perron. and Miller. Not to mention Marchessault's big contract kicks in.

With little depth on the farm we should see them take quite a big dip next season you would think.

i do not understand your concern or prediction

they have 10 million permanently on the long term injured reserve list

plus currently more then 7 million in free cap space

without factoring anything else, cap increasing, other contracts ending, right now they have 17 million to play with

they have no cap issues at all the i can see moving forward

They seem to get away with a lot in the Vegas games I've watched. Slashes to the hands right in front of the refs and interference in front of both creases to name a few.

Here they get away with breaking a stick across the goalie’s face. Does anyone think Vancouver would have got that call?

• 3 weeks later...

It is crazy and a bit embarrassing to see a lot of new VGK fans think they can easily win the Stanley Cup. As an experienced fan of hockey, I have seen the playoffs many time and heartbroken about the 2011 Cup run with our Canucks.  I keep telling them that Playoffs hockey is nothing like you see during regular seasons and it is a tough road to the Finals. A lot of them are wayyyy too optimistic and reading too much into it... 

With them beating Calgary 7-3 (they have been beating good teams with big score quite frequently), it just occurred me today that they actually have a pretty good chance to win the cup.

They have depth. They have cup winning goalie. They have some game breakers.

Their success story is kind of nice but I don't know how I'm going to feel if they win the cup in their first year of existence. 

On 2/3/2018 at 10:00 PM, RWMc1 said:

They seem to get away with a lot in the Vegas games I've watched. Slashes to the hands right in front of the refs and interference in front of both creases to name a few.

Here they get away with breaking a stick across the goalie’s face. Does anyone think Vancouver would have got that call?

I think it's a good goal. The puck was lying there and the Jets goalie would not have known it whether or not Neal hit him.

Would the Canucks get that call? I don't think so but if the call is made objectively, it's a good goal.

Archived