The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Gudbranson out indefinitely after wrist surgery

numb3r 16

2 hours ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

Yeah, you're right.  Pedan is an NHL player and all the people in the organization just don't know it.  Talk about exposing yourself.  I'm guessing you think Subban is better than Sbisa too.

No dont put words in my mouth, I m saying you never played  hockey and keep your rude comments to yourself because you no skate.

20 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

There will be a LOT of trading before the expansion draft as teams look to limit exposure. I seem to remember that happening last time as well.

I keep hearing this, and yet I doubt it.  No amount of squirming will prevent the loss of a player.  There'll likely be a couple of teams that can find a fit, moving a D for an F and so forth, but it remains super complicated with the possibility of losing the guy you trade for.  I'm guessing we'll see one deal with a position swap, and one deal where a NMC guy goes for dirt cheap.

28 minutes ago, Hockey101 class said:

No dont put words in my mouth, I m saying you never played  hockey and keep your rude comments to yourself because you no skate.

Oh what's that, you're a huge tool?  Weird thing to tell me.  Why don't I just go ahead and say whatever I like. 

Do you skate as poorly as you write?  Are you in Bantam?

37 minutes ago, Hockey101 class said:

Plenty of hockey players are as dumb as posts. Plenty of people that have never played know a great deal about the game.

You no get this? :lol:

1 hour ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

It's okay son, just stick to what you know.  If you don't want someone to respond to your comments, you definitely came to the right place.

Awww. But you rose above the rest to respond and warm my heart. So cute of you. ❤ papa bless

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

There will be a LOT of trading before the expansion draft as teams look to limit exposure. I seem to remember that happening last time as well.

I expect some trades (good players on deep teams that can't be protected) because of the draft lottery but I highly doubt there will be a LOT. It will make for an intersting trade deadline though.

1 hour ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

I keep hearing this, and yet I doubt it.  No amount of squirming will prevent the loss of a player.  There'll likely be a couple of teams that can find a fit, moving a D for an F and so forth, but it remains super complicated with the possibility of losing the guy you trade for.  I'm guessing we'll see one deal with a position swap, and one deal where a NMC guy goes for dirt cheap.

I would tend to agree with this, to a large extent. The only moves, that I see, would be if a team would feel super confident that the targeted player is better than anyone on that team that is questionable to be protected. As in...I expect the last forward we protect to be either Granlund or Hansen. if we were offered a definite upgrade, and the price wasn't just stupid outrageous, then yeah I would expect that move. But for an even trade...likely no movement.

Would I like to see a couple/few of our guys get moved? Sure...Miller before his contract is out (praying!!! they don't resign him); Gaunce, I just don't see him fitting in long term; Subban, I don't see him making the NHL period (too small, and not skilled like Phil Housley to make up the difference). I'm on the fence with Edler and Sbisa.

2 hours ago, Baggins said:

I expect some trades (good players on deep teams that can't be protected) because of the draft lottery but I highly doubt there will be a LOT. It will make for an intersting trade deadline though.

Yup, that's pretty much exactly what I'm expecting. Will be some really wacky stuff.

Archived