The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

The only way Rodin plays in the WHL is if the Canucks sign him and send him down. I believe he's already under contract with this SEL team.

Uhmm, I'ld like to see him in the AHL. See what he can do against men. But very exciting pick. Hopefully we'll know if he's NHL caliberin 2-3 yrs.

Uhmm, I'ld like to see him in the AHL. See what he can do against men. But very exciting pick. Hopefully we'll know if he's NHL caliberin 2-3 yrs.

He will be playing in the SEL for the next season for sure and I think there is one more year on his contract. After that he can come over here. The Swedish Elite League IS a mens league.

Thomas Gradin also compared him (Rodin) to Anders Hedberg.

Source

For those of you who don't know Hedberg.. he broke 100 points all 4 years he played in the WHA, and had a career high 79 points in the NHL.

He was a little right winger at about 5'10 and 170-175 pounds.

it also said that he should make swedens world junior team

if he does that will be very exciting to watch

do we have a canadian prospect that has a chance of making it to the world junior team besides cody

Yann Sauve was invited to Development Camp last season but was not this year, which surprises me. There are a couple guys invited that I would have thought Sauve would beat out. But oh well.

Rodin will at least be on the Swedish team

Yann Sauve was invited to Development Camp last season but was not this year, which surprises me. There are a couple guys invited that I would have thought Sauve would beat out. But oh well.

Rodin will at least be on the Swedish team

Not to mention Schroeder on the US.

Man i can't wait for the WJC Rodin and Schroeder are going to be exciting to watch, especially rodin as many have said he is that quick and shifty player who's got amazing stick handling abilities aswell. I hope the final ends up being Team U.S.A vs Team Sweden, it would be epic seeing how they would both do when the stakes and pressure to succeed are at an all time high.

Man i can't wait for the WJC Rodin and Schroeder are going to be exciting to watch, especially rodin as many have said he is that quick and shifty player who's got amazing stick handling abilities aswell. I hope the final ends up being Team U.S.A vs Team Sweden, it would be epic seeing how they would both do when the stakes and pressure to succeed are at an all time high.

So you're hoping Canada doesn't make it to the finals? What kind of Canadian are you?

I'd rather see the US lose to canada in the semi's and Sweden lose to them in the final.

Im hoping for a good showing from Schroeder and Rodin, but I would much rather see Canada win.

Much the same as I hope Daniel and Henrik have good olympics for sweden and Kesler for the USA, but would rather see team Canada win.

I love what I'm hearing about this kid. Obviously the great skating, shot and puckhandling are nice, but I'm mostly stoked about his reported tenacity. Anybody who plays like a checker but has loads of talent is ten times better than a talented but disinterested player (Yashin). Canucks have a few foreward prospects with very high ceilings after all these years of nobodies. If even half of Rodin, Hodgson, Grabner, Schroeder, Raymond, Bernier, or White turn out, that right there takes care of five of our top six, what with Hank and Dank being locked in for five. I'm stoked about the fact that we finally have some decent prospects. Hopefully this is just the beginning..