The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

the love for gradin is warrented. he gets praise from pierre and everyone its widely known hes one of the best euro scouts...who knows how many times he says certain guys will be great..doesnt mean we draft them. its not really about the ppl he brings in cuz he can only recomend picks its not up to him.

At least you know he can beat the goalie.

It would be much worse if every shot went into the netting/off the glass.

But it doesn't go in the net? Sad but true. The only one that did was when he sniped out Legace.

Gradin is an Associate Head Scout, along with Ray Payne, with a focus on Sweden while Payne is the OHL scout. The other European scout is Sergei Chibisov (Russia, likely the reason we drafted Shirokov, Kablukov, Koltsov and other Russians like Gladskikh and Topol) I believe Branislav Pulis (Slovakia) is no longer is a scout. (He was the reason we picked Bliznak in the 7th Round 2005)

The question is then whatabout Finland, Czech Rep. etc., do we even have scouts for there? My guess is no, we haven't drafted a Finnish player since Markus Kankaanpera (2000) and Czech player since Mensator (2002)

Considering our track record with Czechs are Mensator, Polasek, (The Bad), Slegr (The Good), and Nedved (The Ugly), we either need better scouts there, or need to choose more carefully. I am surprised that we don't have any Finn scouts, maybe we should hire Salo when he decides to hang up his skates?

I like Rodin's upside. His point totals look fantastic. I hope he is the steal of the draft!

Seems like a very interesting prospect.

Our top forward prospects now look like:

1. Hodgson

2. Schroeder

3. Grabner

4. White

5. Rodin

mmm...not bad at all. I'm really surprised how much one deep draft can replenish our prospect pool.

Excuse me. If that's your chart for the chances of NHL. In my opinion, it should be like this:

1. Grabner

2. Hodgson

3. Shroeder

4. White

5. Rodin

Grabner is easily the closest to crack the big club, followed by Hodgson.

Not bad, not bad at all.

Excuse me. If that's your chart for the chances of NHL. In my opinion, it should be like this:

1. Grabner

2. Hodgson

3. Shroeder

4. White

5. Rodin

Not bad, not bad at all.

No, I'm pretty sure Hodgson has a better chance to make it next year than Grabner.

No, I'm pretty sure Hodgson has a better chance to make it next year than Grabner.

Exactly. Grabner can play in the AHL and develop further with top line minutes.

Hodgson can't improve any further in the OHL. After being the *best* player in the country, what's left for him there?

And since he can't go to the AHL, he'll be on the Canucks team as the 2nd or 3rd line center.

Grabby has a shot at the team, but with the signing of Samuelsson, we have a logjam at wing and Grabner can be easily foisted on the Moose for another year.

1. Grabner

2. Hodgson

3. Shroeder

4. White

5. Rodin

Not bad, not bad at all.

Cody will make the team before Grabner, and usually when rating prospects its who will be a better player when put in order.

Hodgson

Schroeder

Grabner

Rodin

Sauve

Ellington

White

In terms of impact at the NHL level.

Cody will make the team before Grabner, and usually when rating prospects its who will be a better player when put in order.

Schneider

Hodgson

Schroeder

Grabner

Rodin

Sauve

Ellington

White-never this guy sucks lets face it

In terms of impact at the NHL level.

Rodin should play in the WHL next seeason since he is going to prospect training camp

The only way Rodin plays in the WHL is if the Canucks sign him and send him down. I believe he's already under contract with this SEL team.

Rodin should play in the WHL next seeason since he is going to prospect training camp

That doesn't mean squat, he is signed in the SEL. He's coming to Canucks prospect camp because guess what.... HES A CANUCKS PROSPECT!!! Then he will be going back to Sweden to play with his SEL club, i dont get why people think PROSPECTS going to PROSPECT CAMP means anything other than their Canucks PROSPECTS!!!

Some information on Rodin for those who had never heard of him:

Rödin's offensive game stands out thanks to his superb skating, his shot, hockey sense and puck handling. Usually scores quite spectacular goals and does not shy away from playing physical.

He has the offensive arsenal to be a productive player in the future, but has also the fundamental skills to be used as a role- and checkling line player.

Source

because he also brings an energetic, hustling style to the ice.

A gifted puck-handler with a penchant for scoring dramatic goals, Rodin is also a strong two-way performer.

Source

Anton Rodin sticks out a bit as probably being underrated by the scouts,

Source