The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Everett/Victoria - 5 OVERTIME Periods!

Fanuck

Everett and Victoria just completed the longest playoff game in WHL history and the longest game in CHL history. 

Call Babych scored at 11:36 of the 5th OT period. 

There were over 130 combined shots on net!

Everett wins series in 6 - what a way to win/lose depending on what side of that score you were on.

Sorry,  can't link game summary for some reason right now. 

In 2007 I attended the longest game in JR A history during the RBC Cup tournament in Prince George - PG won in the 5th overtime as well.  Still have my ticket stub from that one. 

Was at this game.

Over 140 shots. (75-66 shots).

Carter Hart and Griffen Outhouse had great games.

The two regulation goals Outhouse gave up were flukes - one off a defenseman to the side of the play, another seeing eye off a glove in front of the net off a faceoff.  Really, the first clean goal he gave up was on the 75th shot, a breakaway.

Great game.  Players had a surprising amount of jump right to the end. 

Congrats on a good season for the Royals.

Best of luck to Everett.

Awesome, too bad they'll most likely change playoff rules for the NHL and consequently the rest of the leagues will follow.  I hate the current format in the regular season and the loser point, it's only a matter of time before they go that route in the playoffs(proabably because there is no ads in ot/no $$$$ for the pigs).  IIRC they are already discussing it.

16 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Awesome, too bad they'll most likely change playoff rules for the NHL and consequently the rest of the leagues will follow.  I hate the current format in the regular season and the loser point, it's only a matter of time before they go that route in the playoffs(proabably because there is no ads in ot/no $$$$ for the pigs).  IIRC they are already discussing it.

Maybe I missed it, but this is the first time I'm hearing this.  The only changes to the NHL playoffs I have heard about was the talk of expanding them.  They have been throwing around the idea of expanding how many teams make the playoffs for a few years now.

IMO, there is no way they ever limit OT in the playoffs.  Although it never makes direct money, it drives interest in the game.  It's one thing to switch ties to shootouts in the regular season, but to limit OT in the playoffs would be criminal.

I was at the game as well. Everett tries to play a really boring game but the Royals fought hard.

I'd estimate that only 1/2 to 1/3 of the fans managed to make it the whole way.

Both goalies were solid - Everett had more chances to end it but Outhouse came up big.

It was too bad, as Victoria's biggest floater, Vladamir Bobylev, was giving the puck up all game - he managed to cough it up for the break-away that led to Babych Jr.'s goal. The rest of the Royals worked their bags off all night.

I wonder if management is wishing they had just left 'Boby' Bobylev alone in the KHL.

Archived