The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Trade 5th to Vegas for unprotected player?

7 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

No. But I'm a little surprised that FLA didn't get a good enough offer for Marchessault. I was hoping we'd be able to poach him for Bear and a 2nd or something along those lines. 

5 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

I'm sure they would do that deal.... I'd prefer it to be Baer an the 55th incase last year was just a blip. I think other teams might have a hard time matching that offer. 

I'm glad canucks management values Baer more than you do. He is 2 years younger, 2 inches taller and about 20lbs bigger than Marchessault. March only had  18 pts in 45 games the year before in TB, yes he broke out w/30g and 51 pts with FLA in a less physical east conf. Baer has been more consistent in the 2 season span scoring 28 pts the season before and then 35 pts in less games this year while playing injured, plus his +/- was -6 compared to March's -21.

I would suspect that March's year might be the blip. Baer is only trending upward and I wouldn't be surprised if he notched 50 pts next year if he is injury free and 75+ games.

1 hour ago, CaptKirk888 said:

I'm glad canucks management values Baer more than you do. He is 2 years younger, 2 inches taller and about 20lbs bigger than Marchessault. March only had  18 pts in 45 games the year before in TB, yes he broke out w/30g and 51 pts with FLA in a less physical east conf. Baer has been more consistent in the 2 season span scoring 28 pts the season before and then 35 pts in less games this year while playing injured, plus his +/- was -6 compared to March's -21.

I would suspect that March's year might be the blip. Baer is only trending upward and I wouldn't be surprised if he notched 50 pts next year if he is injury free and 75+ games.

That would be great. I do value Baer, its not a 'dump a player' suggestion, its talent for talent. I just think we need more talent at C than on the wing. 

33 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

That would be great. I do value Baer, its not a 'dump a player' suggestion, its talent for talent. I just think we need more talent at C than on the wing. 

I think that 5'9 center would get eaten alive in the west

17 hours ago, coastal.view said:

why would any team leave a player of that value unprotected

makes no sense

they'd have traded such a player already or will protect that player

All those guys aren't protected for various reasons.  I would consider it for Vantanen and or Strome.  Interesting concept.

9 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

Marchessault barely played C - he plays RW.  He's a shoot at every opportunity type player and this year his shots went in but many aren't convinced that he can keep up that level of production.

Vatanen would be a huge improvement on the PP over Edler, and he plays a Vlasic like two way game.  He's small and somewhat injury prone, but there is always a marked improvement with him healthy.  If Juolevi ends up as good as him we would have a very good top two.

Dumba maybe too. He's tough, and scores goals.

Archived