On 25/09/2017 at 7:10 PM, luckylager said:

We finish 25 - 27 overall.

I got one

JV and BB both stick and work their way up the chart

Two

as Vanek and Gagne fail to impress and get injured regularly

66% wrong. Vanek was real gud and neither were an injury problem.

I Gags would be crap though. 1/3 right

Eriksson has a bounce back year and manages to be a leader while contributing in every spot he's placed.

So wrong. Wrong 3 times

Bo leads the team with 70 points.

Well he coulda, dammit!

I was wrong, final score-

5.66 wrong - 2.33 psychic.

On 02/08/2017 at 2:50 PM, spook007 said:

Ends up 23rd.... After a good start to the season for the Sedins, they start to decline around December... wrong, but close

The young lads are doing ok, improving all the time, but can't carry us into the playoffs. Play offs no chance, but young ones been doing ok.

Gets done again in next years draft...... Hope I'm wrong on this one.

Worse than I predicted...

Not good, but not too far off neither...

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 1:03 PM, TheGuardian_ said:

Will wait a bit more before too much detail but in the mean time;

History shows, the lower ranked teams usually do very well in the beginning of the year, IMO to take advantage of 2/3 months of selling hope and it helps bolster season ticket sales. This is not just a Canuck thing, it seems almost all the bottom feeders start out with "interesting" calls in the beginning and near the top of the division, towards mid November a slide starts.

Come December/January GM's are giving the confidence in the coach speech. Usually a two or three game winning streak follows. Then comes the injuries speech and the "how hard it is to trade" speech. Close to the TDL, with the team 6 to 8 points out of a wild card, the "I think we can be there speech", maybe an adjustment in the coaching ranks. At the TDL, the "how hard it is to make a trade" speech again or a couple of players/prospects are moved for some other team's crumbs, players other teams can't make work for their winning teams.

As an example only because they are here, the Nucks last year got 3 wins in the start without ever leading a game. This has nothing to do with the players or how good the team is/was, it has to do with game management and has been close to this way for 18+ years now. That is why 88% of the teams in a playoff position on Dec 1 go on to the playoffs, it is a result of the loser point, the 88% thing, not the start of the season stuff.

This will be a difficult season.

Hardly a prediction at all, more an observation and likelihood.

Kudo's to those posters that really went out on a limb predicting player stats, team stats and other detailed thoughts.

Some were pretty accurate and others, well it is the thought that counts.

For those of you that guessed right or bang on give me a PM so I can get some lottery numbers eh.

On 9/7/2017 at 7:10 PM, N7Nucks said:

They are in the playoff hunt right up until January/February but finish 25th in the league after getting pooped on by injuries again, cause Canucks. Then they draft 5th overall again, cause like I said; Canucks. BUT Big Jim takes destiny into his own hands and trades up to 1st overall like a G. (last part is more a joke than a real prediction)

Ayy, I was pretty damn close. I wanted to come back and see what I said. My predictions were pretty safe though. Lol. 

On 9/25/2017 at 4:35 PM, Madwolf said:

Reserved for change:

1. As I've said repeatedly; Virtanen will look solid in pre-season, good enough to earn a spot. (This came to pass, but he looks better than I thought he would). He will still be sent down to start the season. This will cause an uproar among fans and media. He will privately be told that he has done everything to earn a spot, but they need him to be a team player and go to Utica and lead by example. He will be the first call up and utterly prove his worth.

2. Virtanen will earn league recognition for his resurgence, but it will start playing penciled in on the 4th line. Despite that, Jake will see more ice time than his paper role would indicate. He will be asked to put time in the PK and the PP. He will get switched up the lineup with other wingers in the 2nd and 3rd periods, and will be an example of what Green is molding a struggling team into.

3. Brock Boeser makes the team. The Canucks need a youthful difference maker not named Bo Horvat. Boeser provides that impact early and often. He won't turn in the numbers that Matthews put up, but he will be the favorite to win. Despite winning as the favorite, it will still be a cotroversial selection around the league.

4. The Canucks start very slowly. With the team trip to China costing the Canucks valuable time to learn Green's systems and the changes under our PK and PP coaches the Canucks will limp out of the gate. It will look a lot like Utica in his first year. With that said, despite outrage from a few alarmists, there will be enough glimpses of what we're trying to do to hold back the dogs, and patience among the fan base. The fans will be rewarded with a few stellar performances in November and December, but the Canucks will be terribly behind the WildCard race. While the Canucks make up ground between Christmas and the trade deadline, Benning makes the right call and moves Veterans at the deadline for draft assets. The Canucks will falter to another bottom 8 finish, but put on a nice display of youth once again down the stretch. 

5. Rodin will look like Hansen light. With an abilityto score the puck and occasional flashes of play he'll do just enough to hang on all year. He'll earn a contract for a couple of years serving as a role player in the Middle 6 when called upon. He will never be a disappoinment, but he'll also never be the Top 6 steal many hoped he could actually be. We shall be content with what he is.

6. Goldobin will spend most of his time in the AHL, but earn the occasional callup. He'll end the year with the Canucks, and his defense will be improved, but they'll be questions surrounding if he can develop his defensive game enough to finally earn a full time spot in the NHL heading into the 18-19 season.

7. The Canucks will ride high into the off-season with dreams of 18-19 in their heads. It will come crashing down when the Sedins retire. With the upcoming youth they'll feel it's time to pass the torch. As sad as it is to see them go, it will help the fan base rally around the team as the final truly bad year takes place in 18-19. Headed into 19-20 the Canucks will be one the biggest risers in all of sports. 

Let's see how I did!

1. Totally nailed the way JV would end up on the roster, but missed a bit on the last part. I think he gave us reasons to believe he will still be a good player.

2. Hit and miss here. Jake got recognition, but not a lot because going back to 1, he didn't produce quite as well as I thought he could.

3. Did fairly well here. If Boeser stayed healthy he could have been a Calder winner, and it would have been hotly debated.

4. Think I hit here pretty well. Not perfect, but not bad either.

5. Swing and a miss. Poor Rodin.

6. Did ok here as well, but Goldobin got more ice time than I thought.

7. Shocked myself a little here. I'd love to be partially wrong about this upcoming season though and get another good kid to help us in the following years.

Archived