The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van-Pitt / Van-Det

4 hours ago, qwijibo said:

What are you basing that prediction on?  Yes. He's a nice prospect, but he hasn't even shown that kind of scoring prowess in the AHL. There were only 30 or so 30 goal scorers in the entire league last season.  Expecting Goldobin to suddenly transform himself into an elite goal scorer seems overly optimistic 

Goldobin is a point a game guy in AHL last year with sharks farm team also  played 4 games with comets in April and scored 3 goals in 4 games. Never said he will be a 30 goal scorer but i do know he is full of natural talent and Canucks don't have prospect like Goldobin, and you want to package a high 2nd round pick with him?  Do you know  canucks 2nd round pick is very high like 36th overall this June? You don't rebuild a team and trade high draft picks and a prospect like Goldobin .  WE don't need Frazen 3.9 cap hit...

Your crazy even thinking about trading .. This will never happen Benning would be 100% no..

You have to be a Detroit fan...lol lol lol lol   Crazy

Seems like a lot of you skipped over the part that said, "Feel free to adjust picks based on fair value."

The biggest hang up seems to be the 2nd round pick. Okay, take that out of the trade then. 

The point of this trade was to pluck a skilled young player off a team with cap troubles. We'd have to eat some salary to do it, but we have $2m in cap space as it is, Sedins $14m coming off the books next season (will be re-signed cheaper), Vanek $2m - who knows what will happen with him and Higgins $833k. We have some RFA to sign but should still have room. 

Also I missed the incoming 3rd in my original post.

IN: Anthansiou, Franzen, 2018 3rd round pick
OUT: Sutter, Goldobin

6 minutes ago, Pepe Silvia said:

Seems like a lot of you skipped over the part that said, "Feel free to adjust picks based on fair value."

The biggest hang up seems to be the 2nd round pick. Okay, take that out of the trade then. 

The point of this trade was to pluck a skilled young player off a team with cap troubles. We'd have to eat some salary to do it, but we have $2m in cap space as it is, Sedins $14m coming off the books next season (will be re-signed cheaper), Vanek $2m - who knows what will happen with him and Higgins $833k. We have some RFA to sign but should still have room. 

Also I missed the incoming 3rd in my original post.

IN: Anthansiou, Franzen, 2018 3rd round pick
OUT: Sutter, Goldobin

I think the point is we're not a better team with the in/out calc. Of course AA is a good player, but Goldy may be as well and Sutter is our key shut down guy on the 3rd line. 

Also taking on 3 years of that financial anchor has to net us much more than a 3rd rounder, for that kind of thing historically teams do much better.

2 hours ago, apollo said:

I wouldn't give Goldy + 2nd for AA straight up. Let alone taking Johan's contract. 

Also don't like your other deal. 

Sutter is a foundational piece and I don't see JB moving him. Maybe if JB got fired, the new GM would trade him.

Exactly.  Sutter is worth A LOT more than a third.  

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

Goldobin is a point a game guy in AHL last year with sharks farm team also  played 4 games with comets in April and scored 3 goals in 4 games. Never said he will be a 30 goal scorer but i do know he is full of natural talent and Canucks don't have prospect like Goldobin, and you want to package a high 2nd round pick with him?  Do you know  canucks 2nd round pick is very high like 36th overall this June? You don't rebuild a team and trade high draft picks and a prospect like Goldobin .  WE don't need Frazen 3.9 cap hit...

Your crazy even thinking about trading .. This will never happen Benning would be 100% no..

You have to be a Detroit fan...lol lol lol lol   Crazy

Check the history.  I didn't make the trade proposal.  Nor did I support it.  I just questioned your prediction that he will be a 30 goal scorer. And yes. You clearly did say he would be a 30 goal scorer. 

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

Get a life who cares...Bye bye Detroit guy.. lol lol lol lol

No even remotely a Detroit fan.  You just seem to lack basic comprehension. I didn't make the proposal. I didn't even comment on trade idea. Just disagreed with your assumption that Goldobin will be a 30 goal scorer. 

Detroit would almost have to give away AA to get the Canucks to take on that salary.

Anything that involves Franson will not work, the Canucks will need that space to when some of the younger guys come up for renewal and because it looks very likely that the Sedins will be playing in Vancouver past this year, hopefully with a reduced salary though.

Archived