The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

VAN / AVS (Proposal)

Game going right now, Colorado's down to 4 D men. Already they had injuries, & called up a kid.

Van: MDZ & Biega

COL:

2018 2nd R pick(cond) if they make PO's we get the higher 2nd(Nashville, Col, they have 2); if they miss, we get lower 2nd

2019 3rd R pick(OTT)

basically they use part of proceeds from Duch-deal, to fix their D, late-season.

2 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Game going right now, Colorado's down to 4 D men. Already they had injuries, & called up a kid.

COL:

2018 2nd R pick(cond) if they make PO's we get the higher 2nd(Nashville, Col, they have 2); if they miss, we get lower 2nd

2019 3rd R pick(OTT)

basically they use part of proceeds from Duch-deal, to fix their D, late-season.

Nice for us for sure.  They might want Biega, as he’s a fill in.  MDZ has term; I doubt the Avs want that.  

35 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

COL:

2019 3rd R pick(OTT)

If Johnson and Lindholm are going to be out for any length of time AND if they think they have a realistic chance of making the playoffs they will probably have to make a move or two. They certainly would be a team to target and there could be some interest in MDZ but I really doubt they want Biega to make a playoff push.

Sakic doesn't rush into anything though so I doubt they make moves at all.

Hutton is at his lowest possible value right now.  I'd rather wait it out with him and see if he can salvage a career or at least drive up his value before we trade him.

And as seemingly average as MDZ appears,

1) He does provide a point every third game (2nd only behind Edler).  That's not great, but his absence would make our back end that much worse as far as contributing to the score.

2) He leads the team in hits.  By a lot, actually.  168 as opposed to Edler who is second at 107.  Now, I know his hits are hardly bone breaking, but hits are hits and we would be a far softer team without him.  (For the record, Gudbranson might hit better but he hits far less often per game)

So in short, I felt he might be expendable as well but at least until Benning gets some high end talent on the blueline, we might be best keeping him considering the pretty small return we'd get.

We actually have quite a glut of mid to low end defensemen, and that's without Juolevi presumably coming into the fold next season.  

Archived