The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(PROPOSAL) VAN - OTT

The difference between money owed to Ryan vs owed to Gagner through til the end of their contracts is about $23M. As an owner, would you be happy to pay $23M to obtain Batherson? We can't afford Ryan's cap hit of $7.25M per season through the 2021/22 season and still pay Boeser, Pettersson, Demko, Juolevi, etc.

3 hours ago, Sundstrom17 said:

Rick Blight

When you break it down like that... we do pay alot.

Would a draft pick from Ottawa thrown in sweeten the pot for vancover then?

And or Ottawa eating 1.25 Mil per year of Ryans contract help?

The cap will go up alot by the time we have to pay all of our rookies.

I like Batherson but taking on Ryan's contract is too much to ask unless Ottawa retains the maximum 50%.

Boeser, Goldobin, Stetcher, Demko, Dahlen, Juolevi, will all be off of their ELC's BEFORE Ryan's contract expires and Likely Pettersson, Gaudette and Lind as well. Pretty hard to gauge how much we may need to pay these guys but we do have to be cognizant that it could be substantial. Add in to that that we might be burdened with a Roberto Luogo re-capture penalty of up to $8.5M and I just don't think taking on a contract like Ryan's is a good gamble.

I know the cap could go up significantly by that time but we can't count on a specific amount so erring on the side of safety is probably the prudent thing to do at this point.

Bh6uzX3CcAQFnWt.png

Archived