• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   
Sign in to follow this  
Sundstrom17

(PROPOSAL) VAN - OTT

Off season trade (assuming the Sedins are retiring)

To Canucks - Bobby Ryan (pending he waives his NTC) & Drake Batherson

To Ottawa - Sam Gagner

We get a high prospect for eating Ryan's contract...

Ryan's contract is way too long and way too high.  Is this guy THAT good of a prospect after being selected in the 4th?

• Upvote 1

The difference between money owed to Ryan vs owed to Gagner through til the end of their contracts is about $23M. As an owner, would you be happy to pay $23M to obtain Batherson? We can't afford Ryan's cap hit of $7.25M per season through the 2021/22 season and still pay Boeser, Pettersson, Demko, Juolevi, etc.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Batherson was in the World Juniors and is a scoring machine!

I would have asked for Logan Brown but i didn't think Ottawa would give him up.

NO  ........................NO  ....................................NO  .........................

Rick Blight

When you break it down like that... we do pay alot.

Would a draft pick from Ottawa thrown in sweeten the pot for vancover then?

And or Ottawa eating 1.25 Mil per year of Ryans contract help?

The cap will go up alot by the time we have to pay all of our rookies.

Edited by Sundstrom17

Ryan's contract is  not attractive. Canucks might save the cap for other purpose(s).

Point is moot.  JB said before the Canucks will not take on dead contracts/salary dumps.  

I would like us too.  

Having Eriksson's contract is one thing, having 2 Eriksson contracts is no bueno.

3 hours ago, Sundstrom17 said:

Rick Blight

When you break it down like that... we do pay alot.

Would a draft pick from Ottawa thrown in sweeten the pot for vancover then?

And or Ottawa eating 1.25 Mil per year of Ryans contract help?

The cap will go up alot by the time we have to pay all of our rookies.

I like Batherson but taking on Ryan's contract is too much to ask unless Ottawa retains the maximum 50%.

Boeser, Goldobin, Stetcher, Demko, Dahlen, Juolevi, will all be off of their ELC's BEFORE Ryan's contract expires and Likely Pettersson, Gaudette and Lind as well. Pretty hard to gauge how much we may need to pay these guys but we do have to be cognizant that it could be substantial. Add in to that that we might be burdened with a Roberto Luogo re-capture penalty of up to $8.5M and I just don't think taking on a contract like Ryan's is a good gamble.

I know the cap could go up significantly by that time but we can't count on a specific amount so erring on the side of safety is probably the prudent thing to do at this point.

Bh6uzX3CcAQFnWt.png

• Upvote 1

"IF" we were looking at taking Ryan's contract, knowing the kind of pressure Dorion is under to save $ and the deals he's made, I'm only helping him if Logan Brown and Colin White are coming our way. Why help bail him out with just a mid level prospect?

Will Ottawa retain salary on a deal to move Ryan?

I would be open to a Ceci & Ryan package if Ottawa retained 30-40%

Trade them Hutton and Gagner