The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] CHI acquire Kruger, Entwistle, Maletta, Campbell, '19 5th from ARZ for Hossa, Hinostroza, Oesterle, '19 3rd

13 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

The league hates Luongo contracts but allows this kind of BS? It is essentially cap circumvention as well.

Bang on +1....

If we did similar with LE... there would be repercussion and a new 'Eriksson rule' would be introduced...

Chayka's reasoning: 

https://www.nhl.com/news/marian-hossa-traded-to-arizona-coyotes-by-chicago-blackhawks/c-299476496?tid=278542340

"You get the question a million times, 'What have you learned from [the] Vegas [Golden Knights]? What have you learned from Vegas?'" Arizona general manager John Chayka said. "It's obvious there are a lot of players in this league, when given greater opportunity, can really perform and make an impact. As a staff, we tried to evaluate the most undervalued players in the League. These two guys that we got are guys that we spent a lot of time talking about in scouting meetings, really breaking them down, analyzing them and researching them.

"... [Hinostroza] is a right shot, he's got some versatility, he's got a ton of speed and skill to fit in with our system and what we're trying to do. ... Getting Oesterle, a pick swap, those are the things that add up and make sense for our group."

15 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Control yer boss.

;)

Interesting. 

The Hawks were a team rumoured to be looking to sign Gagner last summer, so maybe this isn't that surprising.  And half of their forward group are quite young.  Supposedly kicked tires on MDZ as well....

MDZ (50% retained)

Gagner

Ian Mitchell

+minor league contract dump

Sign Luca.

3 hours ago, oldnews said:

Interesting. 

The Hawks were a team rumoured to be looking to sign Gagner last summer, so maybe this isn't that surprising.  And half of their forward group are quite young.  Supposedly kicked tires on MDZ as well....

MDZ (50% retained)

Gagner

Ian Mitchell

+minor league contract dump

Sign Luca.

Hmmmmmm, Hawks get professional players to fill open roster spots...

...Canucks clear space to make room for prospects to win newly opened roster spots...

This makes so much sense that it will probably be ripped to shreds by the narrow minded.

2 hours ago, skolozsy2 said:

Hmmmmmm, Hawks get professional players to fill open roster spots...

...Canucks clear space to make room for prospects to win newly opened roster spots...

This makes so much sense that it will probably be ripped to shreds by the narrow minded.

Haha, funny - I was speculating who was going to LOL that proposal.

And you changed things up by seeing some reason in it.

What I was thinking - I'd want a 3rd for MDZ, probably a 4th-ish for Gagner - together with some retention, I'd take a late 2nd = Mitchell.

Granted Mitchell as sustained his draft value imo - part of why I'd target him.- and a RHPMD - a principal need in the prospect pool.

Good production as an NCAA rookie last year, albeit playing with a trio of ppg forwards.

Hawks just drafted Boqvist.... people can question whether Bowman would give MItchell up - but I'd point to the fact he hasn't been shy about trading prospects or young players - and he's made his share of questionable deals (Panarin and Danault deals come to mind recently) ....so imo it may be fair-ish value?  They probably wished they'd been able to move Hossa earlier....

Both these players also rumoured to be Hawks targets....

3 hours ago, oldnews said:

Haha, funny - I was speculating who was going to LOL that proposal.

And you changed things up by seeing some reason in it.

What I was thinking - I'd want a 3rd for MDZ, probably a 4th-ish for Gagner - together with some retention, I'd take a late 2nd = Mitchell.

Granted Mitchell as sustained his draft value imo - part of why I'd target him.- and a RHPMD - a principal need in the prospect pool.

Good production as an NCAA rookie last year, albeit playing with a trio of ppg forwards.

Hawks just drafted Boqvist.... people can question whether Bowman would give MItchell up - but I'd point to the fact he hasn't been shy about trading prospects or young players - and he's made his share of questionable deals (Panarin and Danault deals come to mind recently) ....so imo it may be fair-ish value?  They probably wished they'd been able to move Hossa earlier....

Both these players also rumoured to be Hawks targets....

The Hawks also drafted Jokiharu last year to play the right side, so losing Mitchell might be all that tough of a pill to swallow.  The only problem is that Boqvist being so young could be YEARS away and Mitchell is still pretty high on the Hawks prospect list and shows promise.

Interesting trade proposal to say the least.

On 7/12/2018 at 11:03 AM, Pears said:

So with Hossa gone, who have contracts we could eat? Ryan? Callahan? If Benning and Linden still have plans to “weaponize” our cap space. 

iam still waiting for that. linden talks a big game but honestly i have seen some of his talks and poses but he doesnt have a clue for the buisness side but hey vancouver is far better off then montreal or ottawa right now lol

The Score: General Manager Stan Bowman admitted that the team is likely to wait until closer to training camp before potentially making more moves. 

Bowman would love to land a winger for Patrick Kane’s line or a defense partner for Duncan Keith. However, he’s not going to part with promising young forwards Nick Schmaltz and Alex DeBrincat to do so.The Blackhawks have $5.49 million in cap space heading into next season, giving them some wiggle room to bring in a player via trade or free agency if they so choose. However, with the potential for players to surprise in camp and challenge for roster spots, Bowman isn’t feeling pressure to make a move for the sake of it. Chicago is coming off its worst finish (76 points) in a full 82-game season since 2006-07, when the club finished with just 31 wins.

image.png.63090a7d94ec74c8853352ffdb42dbcc.pngimage.png.f64378df8c6d7f7b69d60fd524dc1441.png

Price will be right, Stan.

Archived