The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | November (11-17) 2018

11 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Joe Thornton has become the 11th player in NHL history with 400 goals and 1000 assists.

He joins Wayne Gretzky, Gordie Howe, Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Mark Messier, Ron Francis, Marcel Dionne, Steve Yzerman, Joe Sakic and Ray Bourque.

It appears he's the only player on that list to not win a Stanley Cup. I guess he deserves the title of best player to not win a Stanley Cup (I suppose he's not done yet though).

Edit: Dionne hasn't won a cup either, I guess Thornton can't even win this title.

2 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:
[...]

Looks familiar 

No penalty either.  Oshie has 4 reported concussions.  

Kuznetsov also left the game after a hit to the head by Brandon Tanev who got a 2min penalty for illegal check to the head.

8 hours ago, mll said:

No penalty either.  Oshie has 4 reported concussions.  

Kuznetsov also left the game after a hit to the head by Brandon Tanev who got a 2min penalty for illegal check to the head.

that doesn't look sinister to me, baby Tanev doesn't seem like the type to intentionally hit someone in the head. 

14 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

A headshot is a headshot

that is unacceptable

yeah but unintentional contact can happen, thats what it looks like to me, I  don't see how Tanev had any intention there at all for a headshot. To me it looks like it would have been shoulder to shoulder but Kuznetsov holds up trying to avoid Lowery. 

Archived