The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ottawa Senators at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 20, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

37 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Are they awarding the Stanley Cup for the best record over the last four years now?:o

The team with the worst record over the past two years is Buffalo past 3 years is Buffalo, over the past five years it’s Buffalo, over the past six years it’s Buffalo, over the past seven years it’s Buffalo, over the past eight years, you guessed it- Buffalo.

Some stat cherry picker found a time frame that the Canucks had the worst record 4 years:

Canucks 124-196 .388

Buffalo 124-195 .389

So what does it all mean?  It’s fascinating that the upward progression that we are witnessing is forgotten because we had a terrible record from 2016 to 2018. 

Source: NHL standings and my excel spreadsheet.

Over the past eight years, for example the Canucks record 285- 319 .472 is comparable to the Maple Leafs 291 - 325 .472. Should be be planning the parade route too? :towel:

Not posting this out of disrespect TS. It’s just that the worst record over the past four years narrative rubs me the wrong way. There’s still a long way to go, but we are trending upwards.

You had me at Excel.

very telling team stat....+/- differential, have a look at the standings....I like this stat!

All the teams currently in the playoffs have a positive number....teams with negative numbers are out of the playoffs.

37 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Actually they change dramatically. Your chance of getting a top 3 pick at 5 are 8.5X higher than 15.

I'll take those odds every day.

Not sure if I did this right, but here's the odds. after top 3 each place drop other than 9-10 costs 1 percentage point or less. 9-10 costs 1.5 percentage points. It is a lottery

image.png

12 minutes ago, Samgagner'sface said:

Not sure if I did this right, but here's the odds. after top 3 each place drop other than 9-10 costs 1 percentage point or less. 9-10 costs 1.5 percentage points. It is a lottery

image.png

The Canucks have a higher chance at picking first overall than making the playoffs :o

So I hope Canucks don’t think their a good team at 23rd with a win over a last place 0ttawa.  I’m pissed don’t think a stupid winning streak is ok now when it’s way too late and you f up the draft. I’m pissed off.

just be cuz you end season on a winnings streak doesn’t make up for a bad season plus giving up a top 10 pick. Means more prolonged pain for Canucks fans.

f u Canucks 

this is is from a 50yr Canuck fan, I’m sick of this crap.

7 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

So I hope Canucks don’t think their a good team at 23rd with a win over a last place 0ttawa.  I’m pissed don’t think a stupid winning streak is ok now when it’s way too late and you f up the draft. I’m pissed off.

just be cuz you end season on a winnings streak doesn’t make up for a bad season plus giving up a top 10 pick. Means more prolonged pain for Canucks fans.

f u Canucks 

Consider the big picture. A winning culture  is much better for the longterm than a losing one. Losing should never become  the norm and if it does it’s much harder to break out of . An “average” player will help the team more in a winning culture than a great player ever can in a losing one. Take Edmonton as a case study.

11 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

F u and that crap

f’n win or loss to rebuild I’m not ok with stuck in the mud middle.

You know what I would have done to tank....

1. bring back the same d as last year.  Cycle in ahl guys as much as possible on the d.

2. hand all the responsibility of any chance of scoring to a rookie and a sophomore. Sign no wingers that can score. 

3.sign some grinders that can keep the games close. Close enough so the kids don’t get embarrassed. 

4. Bring back the same starting goalie who wasn’t particularly good. 

Thats what I would have done to keep the team bottomed out for another year.

oh wait ...

But really a last min ditch effect to

save face thinking it’ll be a better summer is bs.

and adds to years of rebuild.

yes f u Canuck players and management 

you sucked all season, be cuz you need fixing, so except it and get help in draft.

42 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

f u Canucks 

this is is from a 50yr Canuck fan, I’m sick of this crap.

25 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

F u and that crap

f’n win or loss to rebuild I’m not ok with stuck in the mud middle.

18 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Canucks where 26th and now 23nd there is no winning culture. If a last minute winning streak is considered a winning culture it’s f’d up and just adds another year to rebuild.

Stop this 50yr crap.....f’n rebuild 

10 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

But really a last min ditch effect to

save face thinking it’ll be a better summer is bs.

and adds to years of rebuild.

yes f u Canuck players and management 

you sucked all season, be cuz you need fixing, so except it and get help in draft.

1 minute ago, HockeyHarry said:

50 years of this same bs.   End it, fix it.

You mad bro?

Sit EP40 , Bo, Bb6 they’re season is done. They did good be happy, embrace draft. Becuz the rest of team sucked.

tell EP40 he did great and tell him to go on a vacation. And make him by sitting him and tell him because your team mates suck. 

Archived