The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ottawa Senators at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 20, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, Pete M said:

Arizona is the team to catch...just had a look at the teams schedules that are ahead of the Canucks in the wild card race...Minny, Chicago, Colorado all have tough schedules...Arizona has an easier schedule...Canucks have a favourable schedule...last three games in April will be tough, though.

It’s weird. If the Canucks took care of business in the last two games against the Yotes,  we would be in the WC spot and the Yotes would be looking up at us.

We should have won those games instead of letting the likes of Brad Richardson have a career game against us.

Sheesh!:sadno:

27 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

It’s weird. If the Canucks took care of business in the last two games against the Yotes,  we would be in the WC spot and the Yotes would be looking up at us.

We should have won those games instead of letting the likes of Brad Richardson have a career game against us.

Sheesh!:sadno:

Yeah, that stretch screwed us.

Continuing to note, the Canucks have only given up 2.5 GAA since Gudbranson left 12 games ago. For those people that laughed at every person who said Gudbranson is worse than the guys he could be replaced by from Utica/free agency you are now seeing it before your eyes. If they can move out Sutter, Eriksson this summer, they will be in a good spot going forward. No more new albatross contracts please.

Also, Pearson has been relatively good the past few games. He looked awful at the start.

Boeser over the past few weeks has been a LOT more involved defensively. He looks active. Big improvement on the controller delete issues.

Horvat has been nothing short of exceptional. He keeps getting scraps to play with and performs.

This game for Markstrom reminded me of old Markstrom. He really wasn't bad, but average wasn't good enough to stop the quality of where those shots were taken from. I think he's aware of how good he has to be day in day out (although he doesn't have to be as good since we got rid of Gudbumson)

It is sad to see us winning these games (outside of the leafs one b/c &^@# em). Having a top three pick this year would have been really nice, especially at home. Our odds are getting slimmer as we speak, and realistically speaking, playoffs are not happening.

2 hours ago, wastamaga33 said:

Dim jim’s Press conference will go kinda like this: ya I met with loui this morning basically told him there’s offer for a contract renewal with a little extra money included just waiting to hear back if he’s willing to accept 

926D57BD-D1E5-42F2-8542-0DA790BABDC1.jpeg

12 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Horvat put the team on his back.

12 hours ago, Odd. said:

Pearson, Horvat, Eriksson line was dominant. Keep that line going for next game.

12 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

No, Green! No! When you nearly cough up a 5 goal lead, it is not a "great game". 

12 hours ago, -AJ- said:

To be fair, it was three secondary assists and an empty net goal. About the easiest way to get a 4-point game.

I was at the game tonight. I have attended 4 games this year and in two of those games the Canucks scored 7 goals!

Anyway, this game was weird. Here are my thoughts.

1. As of the 6 minute mark of the third period the Canucks had been completely dominant. I was going to say that the Canucks cannot be this good and Ottawa cannot be this bad. But things turned around quickly. First, on a Canuck powerplay they gave up a sloppy 2-on-1. Ottawa did not score but it was close. Shorly after that Ottawa did score and then scored again, then got another great chance and we know the rest. Ottawa got the game to 5-4 before Horvat put the game away with his second goal.

2. It was kind of like the Canucks were saying -- isn't the game over yet? And it looked like some of the guys were starting to focus on trying to get on the scoreboard instead of stick with solid D. I was very surprised to hear Green call the game a "great game". The third period collapse against the worst team in the league is not "great". But Green is trying to keep the team on a roll and is kind of defensive with the media right now.

3. Erkisson got 4 points. I have watched hockey for a long time and never seen a player do less to get 4 pts (or even 3 pts). His empty net goal did not even require skating. The puck landed in front of him and he shot it down the ice. And his three assists were all pretty soft secondary assists. . That said, he was solid defensively, as he always is. Horvat was great tonight and Horvat and Pearson are showing some chemistry. With Eriksson playing with them they can play shutdown and put points on the board.

4. EP's 2 points were also fairly soft second assists, but it is great to see him get back on a point-a-game pace as he now has 63 points in 63 games.

5. Virtanen scored a really nice goal, using his speed and a good shot. He needs to make that play more often, though.

6. Not many comments about Edler. He had a great game. Actually, Edler and Biega are doing very well as the top pairing. Biega has to be surprising a lot of people. And I continue to like Luke Schenn's game. Green is gradually giving him more ice time -- up to 19 minutes tonight -- more than Guddy was getting most nights before he was traded.

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

So we lose and it's all fire Benning and Green and everyone is garbage. We make a playoff push and it's our team won't do well in the playoffs so what's the point of trying. Let's see if we can even make the playoffs first and go from there. Even if it's a 1st round sweep, well we made the playoffs after some dismal seasons, it's a positive sign in the rebuild.

Yes, but why enjoy the moment? The talking heads on Van City radio have half the fan base whipped into a frenzy.

I was visiting Van recently and I could practically see spittle coming through my rental car radio as Sekeres ranted on about the Dahlen trade.

Fire Benning! fire Cull! Fire the Utica Gm! You’d think they just traded Gretzky for a bag of pucks!

The sky is always falling, in Vancouver!

:frantic:

I'm gonna keep saying it..wanna see Biega get 50 or 60 games next yr; then perhaps 10 on the 4th line wing.

I like seeing a team dress 7 D-men sometimes. Especially when they're wearing down(injuries, bxb, travel, etc...)

We NEED to plan differently with all the travel, & 2 lousy rulebooks.

Archived