The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Matthew Savoie

Rate this topic

Jaku

Absolutely huge news. Matthew attended a USHL camp recently and there was speculation he wasn't interested in playing in the WHL because of his rejected exceptional status. 

This kid is elite as elite gets. To say the least the WHL should be excited to see this young man develop. 

I will do my best to track Matthews stats throughout the season. Please add to the thread it is highly encouraged! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Baer. said:

If he was denied exceptional status, then how can he play next year?

He can only play 15 games in the WHL (I think).

He'll have to find somewhere else to play in the mean time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pears said:

Should be a Prince George Cougar <_<

Lol I'm sorry. The Ice needed this break so badly though. This team has very few quality players. Savoie and Geekie coming in really help that team take a step in the right direction.

Edited by Jaku

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCanuck said:

I believe it is only 5 games he can play this upcoming season before entering the league full-time next season.

Thanks! I couldn't remember exactly how many it was.

6 hours ago, 3rdGenCanuck said:

I believe it is only 5 games he can play this upcoming season before entering the league full-time next season.

20 hours ago, Baer. said:

If he was denied exceptional status, then how can he play next year?

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, hlinkas wrister said:

I live in Edmonton and his name comes up once in a while on Jason Gregor's show on tsn. Pretty high praise for such a young kid.

He's pretty special. He's already drawing comparisons to Sidney Crosby. He's also been compared to Nathan MacKinnon.

Just now, Alflives said:

I wonder if that includes playoffs?  Sounds like it does.  What if the kid leads his team to the Mem Cup, but hits 45 games just as the tournament starts? 

The restrictions only apply to regular season games. He can play all of Winnipeg's playoff games.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jaku said:

The restrictions only apply to regular season games. He can play all of Winnipeg's playoff games.

I’m definitely going to be watching a lot of Ice games next season.  Never heard of this kid, but really interested to watch him play.  

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’m definitely going to be watching a lot of Ice games next season.  Never heard of this kid, but really interested to watch him play.  

Good! He's got all the pieces and tools to be an exceptional player. He's going to be very exciting to watch. 

On 6/14/2019 at 7:50 PM, Jaku said:

He's pretty special. He's already drawing comparisons to Sidney Crosby. He's also been compared to Nathan MacKinnon.

wow, hadn't heard of this kid. Will be interesting to watch him! I guess he's the next Lafrenierre

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...