The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Leafs have improved the most of any Canadian team this summer

Rate this topic

28 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Supposedly Nylander is ready to dominate...….

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/maple-leafs-william-nylander-ready-to-“dominate”-after-whirlwind-year/ar-AAFQSUV?ocid=ientp

And once the playoffs happen? Will he still dominate?

Cocky is as cocky does.  Brad Pitt or Willie Nylander training hard for next season?  This is exactly why the Leaf's will not win a thing.  Beautiful.

image.png.9ba47a0d4586a0e442984c8666628d0a.png

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Supposedly Nylander is ready to dominate...….

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/maple-leafs-william-nylander-ready-to-“dominate”-after-whirlwind-year/ar-AAFQSUV?ocid=ientp

And once the playoffs happen? Will he still dominate?

It’s kind of an ideal situation in TO for us who hate the Leafs.  Leafs make the playoffs, lose in round one, get a crappy first round pick (not that have one anyway - ha ha ha) and fall back into a team where fans throw jerseys and wear paper bags in disgust.  And it will last for a long time, because Dubas paid grotesque dollars to non playoff performers.  :lol:

Damian Cox's article, suggesting maybe the Leafs shouldn't re-sign Marner lol I saw that heading and could just imagine Cox cringing as he wrote it, trying to play all hard to get with the Marner camp lol  The Leafs need Marner to have any chance of success IMO.  Hope he signs somewhere else.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Damian Cox's article, suggesting maybe the Leafs shouldn't re-sign Marner lol I saw that heading and could just imagine Cox cringing as he wrote it, trying to play all hard to get with the Marner camp lol  The Leafs need Marner to have any chance of success IMO.  Hope he signs somewhere else.

I wish a team like the Avs would offer sheet Marner at 12 mil x 7.

They are going to be a top team for at least 4 years.  The Leafs would get late first round picks in compensation 

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, Borvat said:

Cocky is as cocky does.  Brad Pitt or Willie Nylander training hard for next season?  This is exactly why the Leaf's will not win a thing.  Beautiful.

image.png.9ba47a0d4586a0e442984c8666628d0a.png

I don't know what's worse, the Van Halen inspired shirt or the cornrows. Can't wait for Nylander to get leveled when the Leafs and Canucks play each other.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I don't know what's worse, the Van Halen inspired shirt or the cornrows. Can't wait for Nylander to get leveled when the Leafs and Canucks play each other.

The article is a contradiction unto itself. It quotes Babcock indicating what Nylander needs to do to get ready this year . 

Nylander says he has learned some "stuff" and is ready to dominate (THE NHL) and this is how he responds on public media - "Look at Me" I have my swagger back. 

The writer states "Appearing at the NHL’s European player media tour in central Stockholm, Nylander looked refreshed. He looked like a rockstar, actually, while wearing the same sunglasses he sported in a much commented-on Instagram post earlier this summer"

It's perfect  - the best part is Toronto fans and media alike eat this stuff up and actually think they are on the right track. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1