The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at New Jersey Devils | Oct. 19, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Pete M said:

Schaller fumbled the puck a lot in this game including letting the pass through on the PK for Hughes goal...Schaller was in the lane and he still let the pass through, this is not good PKing.

Demko was the best PKer today.

Yep, ignore the rest of the season and overreact to ONE play... 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Yep, ignore the rest of the season and overreact to ONE play... 

I'm talking about today's game...but let's throw in red herrings...SMH.

Baer is proving himself yet again....but let's ignore that as well

Edited by Pete M

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Ok but it is the truth. 

Perhaps...but if one of the top 6 get's injured, they may bring up Baer for awhile.  He and Goldy have been outstanding in Utica so far.   Well, I suppose they could throw out another offensively limited bottom 6 guy out there instead.

1 minute ago, Pete M said:

I'm talking about to today's game...but let's throw in red herrings...SMH.

Baer is proving himself yet again, as well.

Fact is Schaller has literally NOTHING to do with why Baertschi isn't on the team. Baer was never competing for a spot on the PK and 4th line. Amazing how many here can't grasp this. SMH 

• Cheers 4

10 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Fact is Schaller has literally NOTHING to do with why Baertschi isn't on the team. Baer was never competing for a spot on the PK and 4th line. Amazing how many here can't grasp this. SMH 

Baer 8pts in 4games

Goldy 9pts in 4games

Capture.PNG

Baer > Schaller  no matter how you look at it.

Goldy > Schaller 

If these guys in the bottom 6 don't start producing, then look no further than Utica to solve the problem.

Amazed how many on here doesn't grasp this....lol (am I doing this right?)

Edited by Pete M
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Ok. This again has nothing to do with what I posted. 

Really....a scoring bottom six has nothing to do about what you've posted because it is going against what you are saying.

Edited by Pete M

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Ok. This again has nothing to do with what I posted. 

probably not, but he is pointing out we have 2 guys sent to Utica who have skill and can help a team who has been shutout TWICE in what 7 games...that ain't too good and the season only gets harder and 10x harder in the playoffs. Having scoring depth down in your line up capable of jumping up makes total sense to me. This is a speed and finese game now, teams need to have 3 capable lines with scoring and even depth scoring on the 4th. 

There are no more fighting lines or goons taking up multiple spots on an NHL roster. Goldy and Sven could provide more options for our DREADFUL PP and options in our top 9. Leivo, decent bottom 6 player...Should NOT be on the PP or in a top 6 role imo

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

probably not, but he is pointing out we have 2 guys sent to Utica who have skill and can help a team who has been shutout TWICE in what 7 games...that ain't too good and the season only gets harder and 10x harder in the playoffs. Having scoring depth down in your line up capable of jumping up makes total sense to me. This is a speed and finese game now, teams need to have 3 capable lines with scoring and even depth scoring on the 4th. 

There are no more fighting lines or goons taking up multiple spots on an NHL roster. Goldy and Sven could provide more options for our DREADFUL PP and options in our top 9. Leivo, decent bottom 6 player...Should NOT be on the PP or in a top 6 role imo

Still Baer was never competing with Schaller for a spot, to say otherwise ludicrous. 

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Still Baer was never competing with Schaller for a spot, to say otherwise ludicrous. 

maybe they should consider adjusting (rethinking) their player selection then...if they continue to be shutout in games.

or start with firing the PP coach

Edited by Pete M
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Pete M said:

maybe they should consider adjusting (rethinking) their player selection then...if they continue to be shutout in games.

or start with firing the PP coach

You still need a penalty kill which Schaller is a big part of Baer is not. This really shouldn't have to be pointed out this many times. Baer wasn't competing with Schaller for a spot... At all... 

Baer had an ok preseason and ended up odd man out. Until at least 1 or 2 players are hurt or moved he will stay in Utica whether you like  it or not. We don't have the cap to call him up now. So get over it and move on already. 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

You still need a penalty kill which Schaller is a big part of Baer is not. This really shouldn't have to be pointed out this many times. Baer wasn't competing with Schaller for a spot... At all... 

Baer had an ok preseason and ended up odd man out. Until at least 1 or 2 players are hurt or moved he will stay in Utica whether you like  it or not. We don't have the cap to call him up now. So get over it and move on already. 

Schaller is not the end all or be all to the PK...he is replaceable; I think you're overrating him. I would prefer 3 scoring lines so that you don't always have to rely on your specialty teams...can have a 3 headed monster with 3 scoring lines, 2 PP lines and a good PK.