The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A 5-minute questionnaire about controversial ads (University project)

Rubik

Hi! Could you fill out our questionnaire about controversial ads? It's an assignment for our english/business class at the university, and it really shouldn't take more than five minutes to fill it out, but it would mean 3 credits to us. It's completely anonymous. English is not our native language, so please disregard any typos or any type of ungrammaticality.

Thank you,

Natalia and David

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd7-8vb9y_llapNB4qnyxhFJ0u5kMwVk7ZQ-TtgPHvSIVW3-w/viewform

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, John_Guest said:

Just out of curiosity, did you have to give an email address or any other personal information to "Natalia and David" whose first language is not English?

No.

I did the questionnaire. It's really about 5 mins or so.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, John_Guest said:

Just out of curiosity, did you have to give an email address or any other personal information to "Natalia and David" whose first language is not English?

Yeah, you got us, damn. We are russian/hungarian spies. Must be a f.ing detective.

Edited by Rubik
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rubik said:

Yeah, you got us, damn. We are russian/hungarian spies. Should be a f.ing detective.

Cute. I get snarky replies like that from these other people with English names and heavy accents phoning me up to tell me they're from Microsoft and want to fix my computer or tell me I've won a prize.

I would be a little less suspicious of you, having your 360 posts here, but skepticism dies hard.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, John_Guest said:

Cute. I get snarky replies like that from these other people with English names and heavy accents phoning me up to tell me they're from Microsoft and want to fix my computer or tell me I've won a prize.

I would be a little less suspicious of you, having your 360 posts here, but skepticism dies hard.

Dude, relax, you were smarter than everybody else, you're safe now. Just let us steal money and identities in peace, okay?

Edited by Rubik
  • Haha 3

Just now, John_Guest said:

Have to confess, I didn't think of the Russian angle you mentioned though.

Natalia, eh?

Sure your name's not Boris? ^_^

Ivan. and do not make fun of mother russia. workers of the world unite!

... -.-

2 minutes ago, John_Guest said:

I was originally thinking more phone  scammer from New Delhi kind of thing but happy to be wrong.

Believe it or not though, there are  people on the internet who don't always tell you the truth about who they are. Or so I've heard...

k

Edited by Rubik

Done! Some advice: I noticed a few questions where the list of options weren't exhaustive. For instance, on the final question, there wasn't really an answer for those who've never used Gillete before and still won't.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, John_Guest said:

I was originally thinking more phone  scammer from New Delhi kind of thing but happy to be wrong.

Believe it or not though, there are  people on the internet who don't always tell you the truth about who they are. Or so I've heard...

That's fair, but there are a few things that suggest otherwise:

1. Rubik's English is far superior to that of most scammers

2. These kinds of surveys are very common in University projects (I had to conduct a few myself)

3. Rubik has a fairly long history of being a regular, sensible CDC poster

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

oh my, thank you for the advice and for standing up for us. Unfortunately it's too late to modify our questionnaire, and i think i'm also pigenholed as a russian spy, so there's that

Edited by Rubik
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, John_Guest said:

:shock:

8 hours ago, Rubik said:

Hi! Could you fill out our questionnaire about controversial ads? It's an assignment for our english/business class at the university, and it really shouldn't take more than five minutes to fill it out, but it would mean 3 credits to us. It's completely anonymous. English is not our native language, so please disregard any typos or any type of ungrammaticality.

Thank you,

Natalia and David

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd7-8vb9y_llapNB4qnyxhFJ0u5kMwVk7ZQ-TtgPHvSIVW3-w/viewform

Excellent questionnaire, I have 2 daughters and they deal with these issues daily

31 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

Excellent questionnaire, I have 2 daughters and they deal with these issues daily

Sorry to hear that. Our teacher was a young adult in the late 80's, early 90's, behind the iron curtain. She told us some "interesting" things too.