The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Los Angeles Kings | Oct. 30, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, NucksinNorway said:

Unfortunately I had the displeasure of having to listen to the King's broadcast. As painful as they are, they fully admitted that the canucks dominated in every aspect of the game. It was beautiful. 

Ditto... just finished watching the game recorded... same here. 
the commentators are often obnoxious in LA and started the same way speaking about a lot of garbage in the beginning, but they were very complementary of Nux at the end. Magic....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Ditto... just finished watching the game recorded... same here. 
the commentators are often obnoxious in LA and started the same way speaking about a lot of garbage in the beginning, but they were very complementary of Nux at the end. Magic....

I enjoyed when the shots were around 24-10 and they were saying that it was misleading... Then they eventually came around and saw how the game really was being played. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Hindustan Smyl said:

Since comparisons to 2011 have been made, I’ll add one more tidbit.   This current Horvat lead core plays an honest game.   No whining, diving, cheap shot antics, and selling calls.     

IF this Horvat lead core gets back to the cup finals, I can definitely see us being backed by Canada this time a la 94’ style as opposed to what happened in 2011.   

I’d hope the will.... but none too sure. 
But totally agree. They play great hockey just now without whining and diving. 
Hard not to be excited...

3 minutes ago, NucksinNorway said:

I enjoyed when the shots were around 24-10 and they were saying that it was misleading... Then they eventually came around and saw how the game really was being played. 

Started at the end of the second by speaking about how the Canucks led in every facet of the game... 

35 minutes ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

Since comparisons to 2011 have been made, I’ll add one more tidbit.   This current Horvat lead core plays an honest game.   No whining, diving, cheap shot antics, and selling calls.     

IF this Horvat lead core gets back to the cup finals during this new era, I can definitely see us being backed by Canada this time a la 94’ style as opposed to what happened in 2011.   

Ya I agree. No reason to hate this team. Play fast hockey with skill. If they hate us its cuz they ain't us :)

• Cheers 2

36 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Aye its great... goals galore...really exciting. 
Its gonna be an exciting season for sure... 

second best part is the silence from the tank brigade... beautiful 

IF the Canucks make the playoffs, I wonder how many of those guys will have the balls to admit fault and apologize for doubting Benning?   I think a few people might, but I’m not holding my breath.  

Edited by Hindustan Smyl
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

I browsed there, and the main narrative amongst the tank crew is that we haven’t really faced adversity yet due to our relatively soft schedule along with little to no injuries.   

I don’t have a problem those arguments, but what annoys me about the Tank crew on HF (specifically guys like y2k and Jack Burton) is that they *want* these things to happen so that they can be proven right.   That’s the really pathetic part.

With guys like that, save your breath.  They won't accept anything that doesn't reinforce their own POV.  Anything else is discarded or attacked.  Fear if being wrong makes them even more wrong.  

This team is legit.  

Quick kept if from being a blowout.  He played a fantastic game.  No real chance against the canucks PP.  

Carter had some brilliant plays.  Great goal(s).  

As for the rest of the Kings, they really had no answer.  

The game could have been 10-3 of Quick wasn't up to form.  One of the best saves of the year on Sutter.  

As for the Lotto Line.  Miller was robbed, Brock and Petey were dialed in.  For those that wanted to split then up, still feel the same now?  

With this teams speed, turnover ability and puck.movemnt, they are drawing penalties.  That PP is getting better and with Hughes, I dont see it slowing down anytime soon.  

This team has all ingredients, now we need a season or two of oven time.  Then a contender will be ready to challenge for the cup. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

IF this Horvat lead core gets back to the cup finals during this new era, I can definitely see us being backed by Canada this time a la 94’ style as opposed to what happened in 2011.   

Weird, I thought the 2011 team was honest too. You watched too much TSN and now you are believing in their narratives.

Sedins, Luongo, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Edler, these guys didn't do anything that you mentioned above. The only guy that ever did something weird was probably Burrows, who had that biting incident and hair pulling. But this was in response to Bergeron putting a finger in his mouth and Keith poking his eyes. Selling calls was the norm back then to be honest, everybody did it and yet, it sounds like the Canucks are the only team that had guys trying to sell calls.

And cheap shots? F*ck no. We took a lot of cheap shots. Kesler was stomped by Pronger. Cross check to lower back of the Sedins. Marchand low bridging Salo. F*ck man, can't believe one of our own fans is believing in that crap that the media is spewing out to get the rest of country against us.

Mark my words, if we make the finals, they will make something else up to make us into a villain. I will never forget that the rest of Canada wanted Boston to win the cup than the Canucks. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Wasn’t sold on Jordie Benn but I am now. Two excellent games in a row.  

Marky wasn’t sharp but it is great that we didn’t need him and he can put one in his win column when off a little. 

Kings should have have been matched up better with lines at home but with the second and third lines being a menace it is a real pick your poison situation. 

Feels like their have been more stretch passes in October than in the entire Desjardins era. 

Edited by hobart16
  • Upvote 1