The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dies

Sharpshooter

12 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Getting Covid won't make your immune system stronger plus it has longterm damaging effects in many patients regarding heart health. 

Vaccine 'side effects and diseases' is the very rare and infinitesimal occurences of negative effects used by the uninformed and uneducated to claim vaccines are bad without doing the proper research.

You very well could be right. But again it’s my choice to not get vaccinated and your choice to do it. Respect each other’s choices :)

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Well the amount of time he spends golfing does prevent him from causing as much damage as he would if he had any work ethic.

Well the fact that people say things  like this tells me they don’t have legit factual argument. Grasping for spiteful straws. one liners Rather then an intelligent argument on facts. 

• Wat 1

6 minutes ago, hateleafs said:

Well the fact that people say things  like this tells me they don’t have legit factual argument. Grasping for spiteful straws. one liners Rather then an intelligent argument on facts. 

What has he done that you consider good?  Because judging by the lifetime of actions, the only positive contribution the Bigot in Chief has made to humanity is make it abundantly clear that a woman should have the right to choose, and Trump's mother made the wrong choice.  Just because you think a subhuman parasite is worthy of respect doesn't make it so, and you have provided zero evidence to support that Trump continuing to waste oxygen is beneficial to anyone but himself and his bigoted supporters.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

What has he done that you consider good?  Because judging by the lifetime of actions, the only positive contribution the Bigot in Chief has made to humanity is make it abundantly clear that a woman should have the right to choose, and Trump's mother made the wrong choice.  Just because you think a subhuman parasite is worthy of respect doesn't make it so, and you have provided zero evidence to support that Trump continuing to waste oxygen is beneficial to anyone but himself and his bigoted supporters.

Okay before COVID the American economy was breaking every record for :

woman. African Americans. Asian Americans. 
literally everyone. Lowest unemployment ever. 

And it was not Obama’s economy. Obama was caught on camera saying what is trump gonna waive a magic wand to bring back jobs. ?  He renegotiated every unfair deal. NAFTA /China. NATO.  He passed veterans choice.  He’s working on border security. Human trafficking drug cartels.  He’s bringing home the troop. I remember North Korea being hostile now its peaceful.  He banned travel despite overwhelming opposition from Biden Nancy polosi and dems and they’re media.  And he did this facing overwhelming opposition in terms of investigations And impeachment.  Heck before he took office people said let the impeachment begin. That is bias not based on performance 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, hateleafs said:

Okay before COVID the American economy was breaking every record for :

woman. African Americans. Asian Americans. 
literally everyone. Lowest unemployment ever. 

And it was not Obama’s economy. Obama was caught on camera saying what is trump gonna waive a magic wand to bring back jobs. ?  He renegotiated every unfair deal. NAFTA /China. NATO.  He passed veterans choice.  He’s working on border security. Human trafficking drug cartels.  He’s bringing home the troop. I remember North Korea being hostile now its peaceful.  He banned travel despite overwhelming opposition from Biden Nancy polosi and dems and they’re media.  And he did this facing overwhelming opposition in terms of investigations And impeachment.  Heck before he took office people said let the impeachment begin. That is bias not based on performance 

NAFTA was a fair deal; he attempted to screw one of his closest allies and luckily Freeland told him to go ****himself.  Trump's idea of border security is making racist comments towards every person of color and building a wall easily bypassed via ladder/tunnel.  He's bringing home the troops to assault innocent American citizens.  He's friendly with North Korea precisely because he has so much in common with the lunatic dictator in charge there.  He's lying and saying Canadians want the border open in order to allow walking biological weapons to come in and infect our country  And any reasonable person would have seen he would be this much of a threat to democracy.   It only makes sense to limit the damage this maniac can do and use every tool available to remove him from office as soon as possible.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

NAFTA was a fair deal; he attempted to screw one of his closest allies and luckily Freeland told him to go ****himself.  Trump's idea of border security is making racist comments towards every person of color and building a wall easily bypassed via ladder/tunnel.  He's bringing home the troops to assault innocent American citizens.  He's friendly with North Korea precisely because he has so much in common with the lunatic dictator in charge there.  He's lying and saying Canadians want the border open in order to allow walking biological weapons to come in and infect our country  And any reasonable person would have seen he would be this much of a threat to democracy.   It only makes sense to limit the damage this maniac can do and use every tool available to remove him from office as soon as possible.

Facts? Where did you get this from? Sounds more like made up bias. Even cnn j tapper when interviewing Biden said trump got nafta done and it was good. Lol

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, hateleafs said:

So you do not see anything good he’s done?

It's a more complex situation than just "like" or "dislike", IMHO.....

For instance, I like the fact that he's announced relief for Puerto Rico, however, this comes after years of calling them "ungrateful", "incompetent", etc., and misrepresenting the number of people who died as a result of Maria.

One can't look at his reversal as anything other than an attempt a buying votes, specifically in battleground Florida, a second home to a great many Puerto Ricans.

So in answer to your question: I suppose he's done things I like, I just don't necessarily like his reasons for doing so.

• Cheers 1

Just now, hateleafs said:

Facts? Where did you get this from? Sounds more like made up bias. Even cnn j tapper when interviewing Biden said trump got nafta done and it was good. Lol

Fact check: Trump administration takes credit for Obama-era veterans health program

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, hateleafs said:

Just curious: Which parts of the USMC agreement do you see as a big win for Americans over what was already in NAFTA?

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, hateleafs said:

There was nothing wrong with it to begin with.  Honestly, Trudeau should have said we don't negotiate with terrorists and waited for Agent Orange to be done throwing his tantrum.

Whose dupe are you anyway?

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It's a more complex situation than just "like" or "dislike", IMHO.....

For instance, I like the fact that he's announced relief for Puerto Rico, however, this comes after years of calling them "ungrateful", "incompetent", etc., and misrepresenting the number of people who died as a result of Maria.

One can't look at his reversal as anything other than an attempt a buying votes, specifically in battleground Florida, a second home to a great many Puerto Ricans.

So in answer to your question: I suppose he's done things I like, I just don't necessarily like his reasons for doing so.

This fits with every politician ever. They all do things to get votes. Even Obama did.

10 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

There was nothing wrong with it to begin with.  Honestly, Trudeau should have said we don't negotiate with terrorists and waited for Agent Orange to be done throwing his tantrum.

Well for Canadians and Mexicans NAFTA was good but not for Americans. Hence the renegotiation. 

3 minutes ago, hateleafs said:

This fits with every politician ever. They all do things to get votes. Even Obama did.

But none but the most corrupt dictator would have allowed so many people to die so that he could avoid making unpopular decisions that would reduce his chances of staying in power.  By his inaction and spread of misinformation on COVID, he has literally sacrificed thousands of people in order to feed his own ego (i.e., keep himself in power).

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

But none but the most corrupt dictator would have allowed so many people to die so that he could avoid making unpopular decisions that would reduce his chances of staying in power.  By his inaction and spread of misinformation on COVID, he has literally sacrificed thousands of people in order to feed his own ego (i.e., keep himself in power).

So the Fact he did ban Travel early even as the Dems opposed him doesn’t speak good for him and negative for Biden? Hmmm inaction lol this is fact

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hateleafs said:

So the Fact he did ban Travel early even as the Dems opposed him doesn’t speak good for him and negative for Biden? Hmmm inaction lol this is fact

There's one positive step you can attribute to him.  The problem is that there are so many more very basic steps he could have taken to do much more for his country.  They're steps that most other leaders of civilized countries around the world had no trouble taking.  When you highlight anything positive he has done, you have to ignore so many negatives.  And the negative decisions he has made are so outrageously bad, you have to be putting seriously big blinders on not to see them.  This is why being a Trump supporter is more like being a cult member than it is like being a supporter of any other leader or party in a democratic country.  And it's something that so many of us who are not in the Trump Cult can see, even if we have no investment in American politics whatsover, and have major difficulties understanding or just letting go. 

• Thanks 1