The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dies

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Your'e hyper partisan and unwilling to accept you might be wrong.  You're part of the tribal issue involving politics and  the whole issue around it disgusts me.  The hyper left and the hyper right refuse to ever believe anything that paints them in a bad light.  That is the issue facing people these days and the main one they refuse to accept.

Your appreciation of me under this light means nothing as it would be the same as anyone on the left unwilling to see both sides of the same issue

No I see bad on both the left and the right. We ought to get along. 

31 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

He ran for the nomination for President for the Libertarian Party in 1999. He has literally run for President before.

Enough of your inanity.

Good find I wasn’t aware of that. I just seen him on Oprah or letterman asking if he was running and he didn’t want to. Sorry about my inanity. :)

7 minutes ago, hateleafs said:

Personally I have no believe or experience on the usmca. I just took the bipartisan support of it to be a good thing. 

Yet you claim that NAFTA "was not good for America", while most people see very little difference between the two deals....:unsure:

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, hateleafs said:

Really? Donald trump for years was asked are you going to run for president he didn’t want it. It’s on YouTube.  The only reason he ran is he saw what was happening was destroying the US. For personal gain you say. He’s said he’s losing big on opportunity to make money. Even his overall net worth dropped recently. He’s giving away his salary lol people hate him more then ever you can see how this would affect his business. I see sacrifice where you see personal gain. Biden got rich when he was in office lol such bias bs again based on facts 

That salary means squat when the Secret Service has spent 3 to 4 times more at his properties when there for his constant &^@#ing golf days. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Your'e hyper partisan and unwilling to accept you might be wrong.  You're part of the tribal issue involving politics and  the whole issue around it disgusts me.  The hyper left and the hyper right refuse to ever believe anything that paints them in a bad light.  That is the issue facing people these days and the main one they refuse to accept.

Your appreciation of me under this light means nothing as it would be the same as anyone on the left unwilling to see both sides of the same issue

note how there was zero rebuttal to the content of your post. he dodged admitting that he was full of BS.

22 minutes ago, canuckster19 said:

So is this just another de-facto Trump thread?

It was bound to happen with the implications of a hurried appointment don't you think?

He's like Voldemort lately, can't mention his name in a thread about his opponent, can't mention his name in here. Even if there are reasons to do so. 

29 minutes ago, canuckster19 said:

So is this just another de-facto Trump thread?

There is a sudden vacancy on the court 45 days prior to an election. Trump and McConnell have vowed to rush to fill it. And you're having trouble seeing how Trump would be a relevant topic of discussion?

giphy.gif

• Cheers 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, hateleafs said:

No I see bad on both the left and the right. We ought to get along. 

Then by all means.

Please cite the beneficial legislation that has been to the net benefit of the American people as a whole, in their entirety created and pushed through by the Trump administration

He's giving away his salary?  twice only.  He's only given away his salary twice thus far.  Again, otherwise he's enriched himself enormously...or bigly.

lol @ his 'working away from the office" in his flea-bag gold resorts (that he's billing the government mucho dollars).  Even more funny when he railed against "the black guy" doing the same thing (golfing) at a significantly less frequency.

Barry Goldwater "the godfather of Conservatism":

“Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.”

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

note how there was zero rebuttal to the content of your post. he dodged admitting that he was full of BS.

I'm running the risk of taking sides and I don't want to because then i'll be no better than those I question.

But

I struggle, like REALLY struggle to see any good Trump has done that wasn't almost universally either self serving, gerrymandering, vote buying or enriching someone who donated to him.  Even his moratorium on off shore drilling in the east was done in part by lobbying from wealthy carolinans, Floridians and a company that threatened to start drilling off the coast where Mar-A-Lago is located.

NOTHING Trump has done has been for the good of the average American.  If he forces through a new SCOTUS appointee, it will lead to the Dems then making DC and PR a state, thus ensuring their dominance for decades.  There's been rumours of that happening as well as an expansion of the seats of the SCOTUS to 7 or 9 with an immediate new law to ensure that all new SCTOUS appointees are done away from political circles, ie appointed like here in Canada; which would then be followed by another law which would state that unanimous consent would be needed in the house and senate to change or rescind those laws

Honestly, Trump has done such irrepairable harm to the US it's honestly shameful how people who claim to be "not defending him" manage to look the other way.  This is coming from me, who literally cheered when he beat Hillary.  Biden is NOT better, let's not mince words.  But he sure as hell won't be as bad or worse.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

It’s not that complicated actually. 

People have a right to choose what they do with their own bodies. Gov’ts shouldn’t have the right to tell people they don’t have that right. 

Right absolutely. Just like we have a choice not to inject a vaccine or wear mask.  If by abortions we weren’t killing a life I have no problem. But I understand where you coming from. 

3 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Barry Goldwater "the godfather of Conservatism":

“Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.”

Bang on.  The moment money and religion became enshrined in US politics, the power left the hands of the people.

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Bang on.  The moment money and religion became enshrined in US politics, the power left the hands of the people.

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said: