The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dies

Sharpshooter

3 hours ago, hateleafs said:

No just some people I heard off they’re kidS were in great health but after the vaccine things went down hill. I remember as a kid I received every vaccine but after I had all the illness anyway that it was supposed to prevent. Our immune systems can handle diseases on there own. The more it fight these things when you’re little the stronger you’ll be as an adult 

So you had polio, whooping cough,  measles; mumps, TB and chicken pox? 

Rough chilhood. A few uncles had polio...sure didn't leave them stronger. It left them disabled. 

Edited by Gnarcore
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, hateleafs said:

No just some people I heard off they’re kidS were in great health but after the vaccine things went down hill. I remember as a kid I received every vaccine but after I had all the illness anyway that it was supposed to prevent. Our immune systems can handle diseases on there own. The more it fight these things when you’re little the stronger you’ll be as an adult 

Ever had Polio?

1 hour ago, hateleafs said:

A09B1978-DCA7-4618-BA83-FA9EF695962D.png

See image below. Notice where "expert opinion" on the pyramid. You are putting opinion up against systematic reviews.

1 hour ago, Duodenum said:

Neither vaccinechoicecanada.com nor Dr. Mendelsohn are primary sources. Their words hold little weight against large scale studies. Please provide actual evidence as the level of evidence for vaccines is staggering. 

If you don't know what research is, just let me know and I can point you to some educational material. It'll teach you about the different levels of evidence and what constitutes strong vs weak evidence (or isn't considered evidence at all).

I got you.

1 hour ago, hateleafs said:

Who defines primary sources? Basically you choose the people that agree with and I mine. 

image.png.47597c1ffa1d81e0b9f6e103f5fdc4de.png

Edited by I.Am.Ironman

Formaldehyde – Some vaccines are made from live germs or toxins, which need to be killed or made inactive so they do not cause disease. Formaldehyde is used to do this, and then it is removed. Any tiny amount left in the vaccine will not harm your child.

Ingestion of formaldehyde can be fatal, and long-term exposure to low levels in the air or on the skin can cause asthma-like respiratory problems and skin irritation such as dermatitis and itching. Concentrations of 100 ppm are immediately dangerous to life and health (IDLH).

sadly many children have serious health issues from vaccines. 
some how we just trust the people making the vaccines. It’s safe okay inject me. I hear many nurses that are mandatory to have certain vaccines they’ll just empty a dose into the garbage then record it on paper 

Pure fantasy. I know many nurses and nursing instructors, and they'd be appalled at such a suggestion.

You do realize that when you use "I heard" as justification for your conclusion, that you sound a lot like the biggest liar on the planet, right?

American billionaire wealth has grown since Trump became president -  Business Insider

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Wait, did you get a permit to mention him outside of the designated thread?

Grandfather clause....

.....only people over 50, with 15 plus years on the boards and were posting in the Trump thread on day one.....

We've got badges and everything....

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

In any event, back to pertinent discussion. (I have no idea how we got onto vaccinations in the first place) Let's all look at some examples of the blinding hypocrisy from the Republican party:

Lindsey Graham then: "If there's a Republican president in 2016 and a vacancy occurs in the last year of the first term, you can say Lindsey Graham said, 'Let's let the next president, whoever it might be, make that nomination.'"

...and again, in 2018: "If an opening comes in the last year of President Trump's term, and the primary process has started, we'll wait to the next election."

....and now: "I will support President @realDonaldTrump in any effort to move forward regarding the recent vacancy created by the passing of Justice Ginsburg."

Marco Rubio in 2016: "I don't think we should be moving forward on a nominee in the last year of this president's term. I would say that if it was a Republican president."

Cory Gardner, 2016: "I think we're too close to the election. The president who is elected in November should be the one who makes this decision."

Joni Ernst, 2016: "We will see what the people say this fall and our next president, regardless of party, will be making that nomination."

Thom Tillis, 2016: "Vice President Biden's remarks may have been voiced in 1992, but they are entirely applicable to 2016. The campaign is already under way. It is essential to the institution of the Senate and to the very health of our republic to not launch our nation into a partisan, divisive confirmation battle during the very same time the American people are casting their ballots to elect our next president."

John Cornyn: "I believe the American people deserve to have a voice in the selection of the next Supreme Court Justice, and the best way to ensure that happens is to have the Senate consider a nomination made by the next President."

Ted Cruz: "It has been 80 years since a Supreme Court vacancy was nominated and confirmed in an election year. There is a long tradition that you don't do this in an election year."

John Thune: "Since the next presidential election is already underway, the next president should make this lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court."

David Purdue: "The very balance of our nation's highest court is in serious jeopardy. As a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, I will do everything in my power to encourage the President and Senate leadership not to start this process until we hear from the American people."

Ron Johnson: "Instead of a lame duck president and Senate nominating and confirming, a new president and Senate — elected by the people only a few months from now — should make that important decision. I can't think of a fairer or more democratic process."

Rob Portman: "I believe the best thing for the country is to trust the American people to weigh in on who should make a lifetime appointment that could reshape the Supreme Court for generations."

So far, two GOP Senators (Susan Collins of Maine and Lisa Murkowski of Alaska) have indicated that they don't support confirming a new SCOTUS Justice, before the election. (This could possibly change, of course, as their Republican colleagues and the Dotard in Chief apply pressure)

Mitt Romney is another possible dissenter, but unless someone else comes over to the light side, hypocrisy will rule the day.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/19/opinions/rbg-supreme-court-gop-hypocrisy-avlon/index.html

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Robert Long said:

@hateleafs I'm genuinely curious - was there a point where you lost faith in science and medicine, or have you always been suspicious of it? not trying to troll you or argue, just interested in how you arrived at this. 

The fact that medicine is systematic and not versatile. 
For example I struggled crazily with acid reflux of course I go to the doctor and he gives me anti acid pills. But it didn’t help. So I did some research and a natural dr says I need more acidity in my stomach not less. So I ask a pharmacist for acid building medications. He shakes his head and just dismisses me. So I decide after using anti acid for 3 months to find some natural acid builders and guess what ? Ever since I’ve been free of that problem. If I followed the system today I would still have that issue. The system is shot

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

People who understand that an opinion quoted on an Anti-Vax website headquartered in a tiny town in the Kootenays, isn't one.....

I know it’s the establishment that controls everything. I’m sorry we should only obey them. They know everything in the name of science. Jokes

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

You do realize that when you use "I heard" as justification for your conclusion, that you sound a lot like the biggest liar on the planet, right?

American billionaire wealth has grown since Trump became president -  Business Insider

He’s more honest then any of them in Washington. CNN MSBC  the establishment and they’re puppets. That’s why they try to get rid of him. He doesn’t obey them. He’s made promises and he’s kept them even though they try to stop him at every corner.  Obama Hilary Clinton Biden they’re the real liars. Lol

7 minutes ago, hateleafs said:

The fact that medicine is systematic and not versatile. 
For example I struggled crazily with acid reflux of course I go to the doctor and he gives me anti acid pills. But it didn’t help. So I did some research and a natural dr says I need more acidity in my stomach not less. So I ask a pharmacist for acid building medications. He shakes his head and just dismisses me. So I decide after using anti acid for 3 months to find some natural acid builders and guess what ? Ever since I’ve been free of that problem. If I followed the system today I would still have that issue. The system is shot

OK so lets start with the doctor. He treated your symptom, which also probably helps most people with gerd. You seem to have needed more investigation, which you did. My wife has it as well, and it took us time to figure out what triggers were in our diet that made it worse. It takes time. It seems like you became disillusioned for no good reason here, other than not getting an instant answer to your dietary issue which can be complex. 

"the system" isn't a replacement for you being responsible for your own day to day health needs. 

OK so lets say you have a problem next time that needs surgery. Where are you going to go? 

Edited by Robert Long

2 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

So you had polio, whooping cough,  measles; mumps, TB and chicken pox? 

Rough chilhood. A few uncles had polio...sure didn't leave them stronger. It left them disabled. 

I had chicken pox.  measles’s   Mumps whooping cough.  So what did they vaccine for?  

5 minutes ago, hateleafs said:

He’s more honest then any of them in Washington. CNN MSBC  the establishment and they’re puppets. That’s why they try to get rid of him. He doesn’t obey them. He’s made promises and he’s kept them even though they try to stop him at every corner.  Obama Hilary Clinton Biden they’re the real liars. Lol

:lol::lol::lol:

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

Over 20k lies in less than 4 years.... https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jul/13/donald-trump-20000-false-or-misleading-claims

You've guzzled the Kool-Aid....:rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

OK so lets start with the doctor. He treated your symptom, which also probably helps most people with gerd. You seem to have needed more investigation, which you did. My wife has it as well, and it took us time to figure out what triggers were in our diet that made it worse. It takes time. It seems like you became disillusioned for no good reason here, other than not getting an instant answer to your dietary issue which can be complex. 

"the system" isn't a replacement for you being responsible for your own day to day health needs. 

OK so lets say you have a problem next time that needs surgery. Where are you going to go? 

Yeah I’m not dismissing everything. They do still a lot of good obviously.  But  the system is faulty.  A natural herb called Canadian bittners helped me if your wife would like to try it.