The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh kaaaaaaaaaaaaaangggggggggggggggggggg what the hell!!!!!!!

how did he gas out after only 1 round? hes been training with gsp for a year now. why did he tap to a basic choke when the choke hadn't been fully applied yet? beaten by a can.... ahhhhhhh.. and i was hoping he would rep canada but he brought just the Korean flag :(

that was very dissapointing.

and coleman vs rua... wow.. were they fighting underwater? both of them were moving so slow and couldnt do anything. It was like we were watching the fight in slowmotion. I thought it was a quick stoppage. Coleman got dropped but seriously there was 30 more seconds. Coleman was just going to hold on to shoguns leg while shogun took a nap.

People are seriously questioning fighters from Pride. They all seem to gas out in a round or 2. I think its because they've never had to outwrestle their opponent. They were always use to a Kickboxing style match Japanese MMA had.

And that last fight Hendo vs Franklin should have been a 5 rounder. 3 round main events prove nothing. Franklin was coming on strong and hendo seems to be gassing but it was too late. If it went longer I think Franklin would have won. But i saw it 2-1 henderson too but nothing special. No one was really rocked and the mistaken headbut and then finger in eye seems to ruin the fight a bit.

Did i hear that right? Rampage jackson vs Keith Jardine? So Rampage's big win over Wanderlei gets him a match with the guy that Wanderlei just beat? Did rampage just go up or down the ladder with that Wanderlei win?? :wacko:

Well lets hope next weeks Fedor vs Arlovski card is good because UFC 93 sucked the big one. Coleman vs Shogun was too hilarious. It felt like they were sleep fighting. I think Shogun should be put on the undercard next fight because his last 2 fights have been pure suckage.

I thought it was a good show, I enjoyed it. But Shogun/Coleman getting fight of the night? Are you kidding? Maybe Coleman's having trouble feeding his kids and Dana's giving him a hand.

A pretty weak card IMO, definitely glad I did not waste money ordering this one. I was really really disappointed in Shogun Rua...His cardio is still suspect and his striking looked pretty bad as well. Guess that answers every ones question about him being able to get back to his PRIDE form.

Franklin Vs Hendo, pretty disappointed to see Rich lose this one but to be honest if a coaching job for TUF wasn't going to be "awarded" to the winner, I could definitely see this being a draw. Seriously though, wtf was that one judge watching when he gave Rich the a score of 30-27? Haha bizarre.

Although being relatively successful(minus the loss to Hendo) at 185, Palhares should definitely be a WW at only 5 foot 8 inches tall. Would definitely be more of a force there.

Shogun VS Liddell at UFC 97 main event apparently now. Shogun is going to get KTFO by Liddell, definite confidence booster.

And Yeah wtf is that Rampage Vs Jardine?! How the hell does that make any sense at all. Rampage has zero to gain by this match and everything to lose. How the hell is "The Dean Of Mean" a top contender after a split decision win over BRANDON VERA?! Complete bullcrap way to go Joe Silva. It seems that there is a lot of questionable main events on the near future cards. Stevenson Vs Sanchez?! Silva Vs Leites?! Now Rampage Vs Jardine?! What the f is going on?

Edited by Robongo

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh kaaaaaaaaaaaaaangggggggggggggggggggg what the hell!!!!!!!

why did he tap to a basic choke when the choke hadn't been fully applied yet? beaten by a can.... ahhhhhhh..

You've obviously never trained bjj on the mat because that is only something a keyboard warrior would say.

Hit up Dynamic MMA or Universal MMA and ask one of the guys to put a guillotine choke on you and see how this "basic choke" feels when it wasn't "fully applied."

I guaran-damn-tee you that you'll change your tone right away.

You've obviously never trained bjj on the mat because that is only something a keyboard warrior would say.

Hit up Dynamic MMA or Universal MMA and ask one of the guys to put a guillotine choke on you and see how this "basic choke" feels when it wasn't "fully applied."

How about we ask an MMA fighter to put that choke on another MMA fighter. Not everyday you see one tap out when it isn't fully locked.

yup no actually you are right after checking out the video again. He did have the guillotine in deep but I think Denis should have anticipated that move. Whenever guys go in for the shot, the other guy will establish take down defence posture and go for the guillotine. I mean Denis is a black belt here.

but yeah when i first saw it, it looked like he didnt have the arm fully in, it looked like it was only half, but after checking it out again on mmatko it was in deep.

keyboard warrior? :lol: you post on sherdog huh? or lurk there. they use that word too much when debating mma.

Did you have anything to say about today's UFC as well or you just wanted to sound hardcore in a post?

How about we ask an MMA fighter to put that choke on another MMA fighter. Not everyday you see one tap out when it isn't fully locked.

I think the dude just wanted to sound hardcore.

Its like in Canucks talk when someone says ahh Luongo should have stopped that.

and someone says "i'd like to see you stop a shot going 100km/hr"

Sooo....... one of the judges scored the Franklin/Hendo bout 30-27 for Rich. Anyone else thinking there's something fishy about that one??? Hendo clearly won round one. No question. Round two, Hendo probably stole in the last couple minutes. Round 3 was easily Rich. How the HELL can a judge be allowed to to that?

I'm also wondering why Davis beat Lytle. Maybe because it was in the Irish-poser wannabe's "homeland". What a frickin douche Davis is. I really thought Lytle outscored him, as did everyone I watched the show with.

Denis...... ugh. Got caught in a pretty basic choke. Almost looked fixed. Too bad, cause he dominated the first round. Oh well, better luck next time.

I was VERY impressed with Rousmir Palhares (sp?). He made Jeremy Horn look silly at times, but good on Horn for lasting three rounds. Also, a question.... why do they keep putting Horn on main cards?? Maybe the most boring fighter out there... besides Lutter.

What can you say about Shogun/Coleman? It wa embarrassing to watch. Sad. Add to the fact that they gave them fight of the night makes it even worse.

Anywways, I'm also glad I didn't order that one at my place. That was ugly. Davis

I just feel bad for Horn whenever he fights! He always looks so sad.

I could have made for a case of Franklin winning round 1. After he got up from being smothered for the first couple of minutes, he did land some effective strikes. A bit of a stretch, but I could see Franklin winning 29-28. 30-27 is ludicrous, and Franklin thought it was too!

I'm going to give Shogun the benefit of the doubt to his claims of rust and not finding his rhythm training. If it happens again.... yikes!

Lytle/Davis could have went either way, I really didn't care which way it went. Lytle should have known going into the fight that if he let a close one go to the judges... that he would be really up against it. Great fight though.

Denis got a little careless and looked quite gassed by the time he went for that final takedown, he probably would have gotten beat in the third regardless by a more fit Belcher. Hurts me to say that :( Kang totally owned the fight up to that point!

Now to rest up for 4 more events in 4 weeks! I LOVE WINTER!