The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Confusing? You open the page. Look for sports and go to MMA.tv That's it.

I don't know about you, but I find it way more fun watching it with friends. Not watching it at home by yourself on a little computer screen, it's just no where near as good.

I don't know about you, but I find it way more fun watching it with friends. Not watching it at home by yourself on a little computer screen, it's just no where near as good.

I don't watch sports with other people. I can't stand watching with people who are clueless. I also watch it on my 42 inch. I don't appreciate people talking or making stupid comments while my attention is on the fight.

Edited by Harbinger

I don't watch sports with other people. I can't stand watching with people who are clueless. I also watch it on my 42 inch. I don't appreciate people talking or making stupid comments while my attention is on the fight.

Fair enough.

Fair enough.

Oh you should get abunch of freinds that do know it... Its super fun... actually get like three freinds that know it and one that doesnt... and just pick on that one guy the whole time... crazy fun...

PS yesterdays event depressed me. :(

Watch "Affliction: Day of Reckoning" NYC press conference live at 11 a.m. EST

by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Jan 20, 2009 at 10:30 am ET

In conjunction with Affliction Entertainment and Saturday's "Day of Reckoning" event, MMAjunkie.com is hosting a live feed of today's press conference in New York City.

Featuring headliner Fedor Emelianenko, Affliction and M-1 executives, broadcaster Tito Ortiz and others, the live broadcast kicks off at 11 a.m. EST (8 a.m. PST).

Check out the full stream with the embedded video.

The event takes place at the Trump Tower Atrium (725 Fifth Ave.) in New York City.

Saturday's "Affliction: Day of Reckoning" card takes place at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. Emelianenko puts his WAMMA heavyweight title on the line against former UFC title-holder Andrei Arlovski in the night's main event.

The event is promoted by Golden Boy Promotions and brought to you by Trump's Affliction Entertainment and its partners, Donald J. Trump and M-1 Global.

Scheduled to appear at the NYC press conferences are Emelianenko, Tom Atencio (Vice President of Affliction Entertainment), Vadim Finkelstein (President of M-1 Global), Donald Trump Jr.(Executive Vice President of The Trump Organization), Ortiz ("Day of Reckoning' broadcaster) and Michael Cohen (Chief Operating Officer of Affliction Entertainment).

Saturday's preliminary card airs on HDNet (7 p.m. EST), and the main card is slated for pay per view (9 p.m. EST).

For the complete "Affliction: Day of Reckoning" fight card, check out the MMA Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.

Edited by Harbinger

That's why you need to make some friends who are into it. I have 3 buddies that I'll watch UFC with and all are far more knowledgeable than me, dating back to the earliest events. Their commentating would put Goldie and Rogan to shame, and they truly enhance the experience for me. Add to that a few pitchers, some wings/nachos/burgers, a bar crowd that's into it and big flat screen TV's, and I really think for me there's no contest. (provided the card doesn't suck).

Edited by Gretzky's Mullet

That's why you need to make some friends who are into it. I have 3 buddies that I'll watch UFC with and all are far more knowledgeable than me, dating back to the earliest events. Their commentating would put Goldie and Rogan to shame, and they truly enhance the experience for me. Add to that a few pitchers, some wings/nachos/burgers, a bar crowd that's into it and big flat screen TV's, and I really think for me there's no contest. (provided the card doesn't suck).

Thanks for the advice. But I do have friends that actually follow MMA as much as I do. I still prefer to watch sports on my own. That is hockey too. I have all the snacks I could want. Watching sports at pubs irritates me completely. It's a personal preference.

Soooooo.....

Apparently the main event has been added to UFC 98 in Vegas on May 23. In addition to the already announced Serra vs Hughes bout, they've added Frank Mir vs Brock Lesnar for the HW title unification. Gonna be tough to say no to that, especially since the wife loves Mir.

Thanks for the advice. But I do have friends that actually follow MMA as much as I do. I still prefer to watch sports on my own. That is hockey too. I have all the snacks I could want. Watching sports at pubs irritates me completely. It's a personal preference.

I suppose the atmosphere has to be right. Sometimes I like watching sports on my own TV more as well. I think in my head I associate the comfort of my couch with college bowl games so I rarely ever want to watch NCAA football anywhere else, for example.

But I don't have the hardware to get PPV, and I don't have a great TV, and for some reason MMA makes me want to go to a bar. I guess that's also just my personal preference. Maybe the difference could be that I know less about MMA than the people I watch with, whereas I know more about hockey, baseball and probably also football (those are the 4 sports I watch).

Sooo....... one of the judges scored the Franklin/Hendo bout 30-27 for Rich. Anyone else thinking there's something fishy about that one??? Hendo clearly won round one. No question. Round two, Hendo probably stole in the last couple minutes. Round 3 was easily Rich. How the HELL can a judge be allowed to to that?

I'm also wondering why Davis beat Lytle. Maybe because it was in the Irish-poser wannabe's "homeland". What a frickin douche Davis is. I really thought Lytle outscored him, as did everyone I watched the show with.

Denis...... ugh. Got caught in a pretty basic choke. Almost looked fixed. Too bad, cause he dominated the first round. Oh well, better luck next time.

I was VERY impressed with Rousmir Palhares (sp?). He made Jeremy Horn look silly at times, but good on Horn for lasting three rounds. Also, a question.... why do they keep putting Horn on main cards?? Maybe the most boring fighter out there... besides Lutter.

What can you say about Shogun/Coleman? It wa embarrassing to watch. Sad. Add to the fact that they gave them fight of the night makes it even worse.

Anywways, I'm also glad I didn't order that one at my place. That was ugly. Davis

Coleman must have been pissed ... fighting with no boots!

zing! haha

whats Chuck's plan going to be against Shogun?

oh right, the same plan hes ever had.

circle... circle..... circle.... punch!

Edited by Pfizer