The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Agreed. This is exactly what Chuck needs to get back on track. And by "on track" I mean win one then fight a legit fighter and get knocked out again.

Bah, do you guys think that Shogun doesn't hear what analysts, and people around him are saying?

A Shogun on top of his game would kill Chuckie baby, and that is what's going to happen...... Hopefully Chuck Liddel heads back to the trailer park where he came from.

Bah, do you guys think that Shogun doesn't hear what analysts, and people around him are saying?

A Shogun on top of his game would kill Chuckie baby, and that is what's going to happen...... Hopefully Chuck Liddel heads back to the trailer park where he came from.

Shogun needs to really REALLY work on his conditioning for this one or this one is going to be another big KO for Liddell. If Shogun comes in able to go all out for three rounds then he will take it. If he gases after the first round again he's done, it's pretty simple. Only time will tell which Mauricio will show up, the one from PRIDE that was ranked #1 LHW in the world, or the current out of shape bum.

This was the first UFC event I haven't watched in a while. No fights that interest me whatsoever and I heard it sucked.

I don't know why Rich Franklin keeps fighting, is he expecting another shot against Anderson Silva? He got fracking destroyed, twice.

This was the first UFC event I haven't watched in a while. No fights that interest me whatsoever and I heard it sucked.

I don't know why Rich Franklin keeps fighting, is he expecting another shot against Anderson Silva? He got fracking destroyed, twice.

He was fighting at 205. He doesn't plan on moving back down to 185 until Anderson retires.

If Chuck loses this one he really should retire, Shogun was brutal in that fight. I was/am a huge Chuck fan but damn he has really slipped, I don't know if he bought into his hype too much and stopped training or what happened: brutal KO by Rampage, horrible show against Jardine, great fight against Silva, brutal KO by Evans.

Against Rampage fight could have gone either way and same with Silva (although I am surprised that nobody got KO'd in that one), but against Jardine and Evans there is no way he should have lost those two. I fear he is about to "Tito" himself and stick around when he isn't on top anymore.

A one-hour documentary on Fedor Emelianenko called "Fedor: The Baddest Man on the Planet" will air Tuesday, Jan. 20 on Fox Sports Net.

Presented through the channel's "Best Damn" series, the special is being listed as "The Best Damn Top 50 Special (The Fedor Special)" on listings. Check you local listings for airtime.

Here's the release:

FSN PRESENTS MMA SPECIAL DOCUMENTARY, “FEDOR: BADDEST MAN ON THE PLANET,” TONIGHT AT 11:00 PM LOCAL

'Fedor: The Baddest Man on the Planet' FSN Special

FSN is pleased to be able to deliver a special behind-the-scenes look at MMA superstar Fedor Emelianenko on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 at 11:00 PM local. The one-hour documentary offers exclusive footage of Fedor’s training, both inside his local boxing gym and his grueling outdoor workouts. “Fedor: Baddest Man on the Planet” also takes a look at the fighter’s life in his hometown Stary Oskol, Russia and includes interviews with Fedor’s mother, his priest, his friends and others who are intimately involved in his life. This footage has never been seen before and promises to give MMA fans an inside glimpse into MMA’s biggest star.

Plus, step out of the ring with Fedor, as the documentary offers a look into the champion’s private life and what he does when he’s not fighting or training for a fight.

Fedor, who hasn’t lost a fight since turning pro in 2000, has never been knocked out or submitted is considered by many in the MMA community as the sport’s only true dynasty.

Thank you for those videos. Fedor will never lose. I am ordering the fight on Saturday for sure now.

After watching Fedor: The Baddest Man, I don't think Arlovski stands a chance lol. But, since Arlovskis my favorite fighter I'm going to be bias and still choose him lol.

You're welcome guys. I quite enjoyed it myself. The guy oozes respect and generosity.

You're welcome guys. I quite enjoyed it myself. The guy oozes respect and generosity.

Yea. I didn't know how calm this guy was before a fight or in life. When that black dude with the blonde hair forgot his name dropped him on his head that was pretty horrific, but than he beats him with an arm bar right away that was WOW. Or when Fujita had him dazed and confused with that punch and he choked him out. This guy is unbelievable but he needs to lose lol. I have a feeling if he loses he'll never lose again, just because he'll train 10X harder, hes just that kind of guy.

Yea. I didn't know how calm this guy was before a fight or in life. When that black dude with the blonde hair forgot his name dropped him on his head that was pretty horrific, but than he beats him with an arm bar right away that was WOW. Or when Fujita had him dazed and confused with that punch and he choked him out. This guy is unbelievable but he needs to lose lol. I have a feeling if he loses he'll never lose again, just because he'll train 10X harder, hes just that kind of guy.

If you haven't before. Watch as many Pride fights with him as you possibly can. The guy is all class.

Did anyone see the countdown show on Sportsnet last night for the GSP vs Penn match? I found it interesting especially the difference in training methods between the two camps.

Yeah its pretty cool. 2 different seasons. One guy training in the summer, one guy training in the winter. One dude is humble the other is cocky.

With that said I hope Georges beats him down. I hope BJ gasses and then GSP beats the living crap out of him.

Yeah its pretty cool. 2 different seasons. One guy training in the summer, one guy training in the winter. One dude is humble the other is cocky.

With that said I hope Georges beats him down. I hope BJ gasses and then GSP beats the living crap out of him.

Seconded!! Can't wait til the 31st!

Don't think I've ever been this nervous about a fight before. In my mind, I know GSP can win. But the way things have been going lately for my "picks", ya never know.

And that pre-show they keep showing is annoying. Hearing BJ say "I'm gonna try and kill you" and "Georges.... don't pi$$ me off, Georges...." makes me so friggin angry. Such a tard.