The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Nobody should be questioning Fedor's legacy with multiple notable wins over the likes of Crocop, Nogueira, Schilt, etc. But, I don't think he's faced a prime fighter since Crocop in 2005. I don't buy into the whole 'pound for pound' label, but at the moment, Fedor's present credibility is unknown beating the likes of Tim Sylvia and Andrei Arlovski. Brock, although I hate his antics, has looked equally dominant against some very good fighters in Randy, Frank, and Heath. He also happens to be the champ, so there's no arguing that he's a viable opponent for the Last Emperor.

I guess as a fan I'd love to Fedor take out Brock in vintage cold emotionless style.

I have no doubt that Brock would present its fair challenges. I couldn't even be sure that Fedor could or would beat him. But beyond the fact that until the fight happens Brock and the UFC will be overshadowed by Fedor. Dana knows this, that's why he gets so irate over the fact that he can not push Fedor around.

I have no doubt that Brock would present its fair challenges. I couldn't even be sure that Fedor could or would beat him. But beyond the fact that until the fight happens Brock and the UFC will be overshadowed by Fedor. Dana knows this, that's why he gets so irate over the fact that he can not push Fedor around.

You really think Fedor will be relevant in a couple years? I don't. I've been following MMA since 1999, great champions come and go. This guy is supposedly ranked #1 but he hasnt fought a great opponent since 2005. He'll go down like Rickson Gracie. The contract Dana offered him was insane. 5 mill per fight, all the M-1 sponsorship he wanted, and he could compete in Sambo. M-1 is a joke, they have failed in their own fight promotions they need UFC's help. Why would UFC help them? M-1 wants half the PPV money? Why the hell would UFC do that? Its insane. Fedor isnt known by the average fans. UFC would have to build him up like any other fighter. How about Vitor Belfort coming back to the UFC? Isn't that a big deal? Nope, you guys dont even know who he is. You're just all about some Russian who beat washed out opponents for the past 4 years. Fedor has to prove himself just like anyone else out there.

fedordanagif.gif

You really think Fedor will be relevant in a couple years? I don't. I've been following MMA since 1999, great champions come and go. This guy is supposedly ranked #1 but he hasnt fought a great opponent since 2005. He'll go down like Rickson Gracie. The contract Dana offered him was insane. 5 mill per fight, all the M-1 sponsorship he wanted, and he could compete in Sambo. M-1 is a joke, they have failed in their own fight promotions they need UFC's help. Why would UFC help them? M-1 wants half the PPV money? Why the hell would UFC do that? Its insane. Fedor isnt known by the average fans. UFC would have to build him up like any other fighter. How about Vitor Belfort coming back to the UFC? Isn't that a big deal? Nope, you guys dont even know who he is. You're just all about some Russian who beat washed out opponents for the past 4 years. Fedor has to prove himself just like anyone else out there.

fedordanagif.gif

Relevancy doesn't make a difference. Legacy will. If he doesn't fight another guy he will still go down as the best heavyweight ever so far. It's like having Rocky Marciano going undefeated. He's still talked about as one of the greatest fighters in history. Relevance doesn't mean anything as relevancy only matters at this moment in time. As things change so does their relevancy. But it's the legacy and the myth that will always be around him.

Did you just say the average fan doesn't know who Fedor is? I'm actually pretty certain more people in the world know who Fedor is than any other mma fighter on the planet. Fedor spans the Globe. I think you miss the boat on just how famous and important this guy is when it comes to MMA. He was famous in Asia, North America, South America, and Europe and that was before he ever fought on North American soil. He may be new to a few UFC audiences but UFC is only now becoming worldwide. Without him the UFC can't get the credibility they so much want for their heavy weight division. Does that sound irrellevant to you ? Everyone knows who fedor is. They may not have seen him fight. But they all know of the Mythical Fedor. The guy can go around the world and anyone who has heard of mma knows him by his first name alone. That's fame.

Edited by Harbinger

fedordanagif.gif

Is that image taken from the Kaleb Starnes Quarry fight? What an abortion of a fight that was. Poor Kaleb kinda did Vancouver a bit of shame in that one. OH well... At least we have GSP to love for Canadians. And I like McDonald and that kindergarten teacher from Edmonton.

Couture is old and should retire.

Velasquez not Vasquez will get his donkey handed to him by Carwin.

And finally Brock is overrated.

You're kidding right? Earn it? He's done everything and beyond to deserve a title shot.

I just personally think he needs one warm up match in the Octagon.

I laugh you call him a little b***, you're one of those clueless bandwagon Lesnar fans right??

Your the clueless one because I hate Lesnar and I didn't call anyone a little b*tch, learn to read.

Did you just say the average fan doesn't know who Fedor is? I'm actually pretty certain more people in the world know who Fedor is than any other mma fighter on the planet. Fedor spans the Globe. I think you miss the boat on just how famous and important this guy is when it comes to MMA.

Fedor is known outside the states, but in the states he's relatively unknown. Mauro Ranallo is a big fedor fan and has called his fights in japan before, but said he's probably more well known in the states than fedor is.

Edited by Luongo = Cup

Fedor is known outside the states, but in the states he's relatively unknown. Mauro Ranallo is a big fedor fan and has called his fights in japan before, but said he's probably more well known in the states than fedor is.

True. I'd say a good 60%-70% of those MMA fans in the US are all a bunch of UFC bunnies-- not true fans of the sport itself.

It's highly possible they have never heard of Fedor before until recently.

Because the US is all that matters, right? :rolleyes:

It's funny how some people are blaming Fedor for NOT taking the money and having loyalty to his organization. I guess it's only bad to go for money when you're a Russian hockey player. :lol:

Even his brother knows m1 doesn't have fedor's best interest at heart.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?...26&name=mma

Aleksander Emelianenko, the utterly frightening brother of heavily courted Fedor Emelianenko, told Sport.ru recently that he sides with Dana White on the issue of manager Vadim Finkelstein's difficult negotiation tactics.

"And all this talk about the restrictive conditions when signing the contract with the UFC comes only from Finkelstein, who wants to promote his own business through any Fedor-UFC contract," Aleksander told the site, which was picked up by Fighter's Only. "You can negotiate with the UFC. I know that their contracts are sufficiently flexible."

You hypocritical imbecile. Read what you wrote before replying with more garbage.

And it's you're not your.

How am I a hypocrite in this situation you dilusional moron.

I'm sorry if incorrect spelling is a no-no on here. You're a real dreamer, might as well put in an application to become a full time member of the grammar police and justify your life.

Oh my god! I finally understand the difference between your and you're. Thanks random cdc member.

How am I a hypocrite in this situation you dilusional moron.

I'm sorry if incorrect spelling is a no-no on here. You're a real dreamer, might as well put in an application to become a full time member of the grammar police and justify your life.

Oh my god! I finally understand the difference between your and you're. Thanks random cdc member.

I don't need to justify a single thing seeing how everything I have stated towards you is indeed a fact.

And it's delusional not dilusional, hypocrite.

Even his brother knows m1 doesn't have fedor's best interest at heart.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?...26&name=mma

Aleksander Emelianenko, the utterly frightening brother of heavily courted Fedor Emelianenko, told Sport.ru recently that he sides with Dana White on the issue of manager Vadim Finkelstein's difficult negotiation tactics.

"And all this talk about the restrictive conditions when signing the contract with the UFC comes only from Finkelstein, who wants to promote his own business through any Fedor-UFC contract," Aleksander told the site, which was picked up by Fighter's Only. "You can negotiate with the UFC. I know that their contracts are sufficiently flexible."

Aleksander wouldn't be considered all that credible when it comes to anything involving his brother. There are reasons that they don't train together. Let alone all his other well documented problems that make him even less credible.

Had this been from his other brother I might care.

Edited by Harbinger

. How about Vitor Belfort coming back to the UFC? Isn't that a big deal? Nope, you guys dont even know who he is. You're just all about some Russian who beat washed out opponents for the past 4 years. Fedor has to prove himself just like anyone else out there.

Sure, you're the all knowing all encompassing genius of UFC because you think you're the only guy who knows Belfort. The guy is SO overhyped since he beat Silva in the UFC that it's laughable.

He's a good fighter but by no means great.