The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

• 2 weeks later...
This is going to be a whale of a fight. Does anyone here see Shogun winning? I wouldnt be shocked but I do think Machida will win.

Not a chance. Rashad Evans was twice the fighter Shogun is and he got DESTROYED!!! I'll bet that he doesn't land one good punch on Machida.

Not a chance. Rashad Evans was twice the fighter Shogun is and he got DESTROYED!!! I'll bet that he doesn't land one good punch on Machida.

Rashad Evans was twice the fighter of Shogun? Obviously you have only seen the UFC fights Shogun was in. Shogun was one of the most dominant fighters in the game for about 6 years. He's fought a who's who of the elite MMA fighters in the world and come out pretty well. I can not say the same for Rashad. Rashad has fought a couple of good guys and I'm not saying he's a bad fighter. But he is not Shogun by any stretch.

The chart doesn't cut and paste well so I am just pointing you to a link.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Mauricio-Rua-5707

Damn it I just watched this and man do I miss Pride. It was so much better with head stomps and soccer kicks.

Edited by Harbinger

I used to be a huge Shogun fan... there was a time when he really looked unstoppable. But because of his recent injury woes - I really don't know which Shogun is going to show up. I have a feeling he will never return to his old Pride form, and he could be beyond his peak despite his young age.

My heart is hoping Shogun.. but I'd put money on Machida.