The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

One loss doesn't make someone less exciting. Besides, his loss was due to an exciting head kick. The guy wins in the entertainment column every time he fights.

He is entertaining as hell. I'm with you on that one. But man, did he look outta sync against George ROOP! Seriously, Roop?

Regardless, the UFC should be so much more entertaining now. The depth of talent in their ppv's should be a hell of a lot better.

He is entertaining as hell. I'm with you on that one. But man, did he look outta sync against George ROOP! Seriously, Roop?

Regardless, the UFC should be so much more entertaining now. The depth of talent in their ppv's should be a hell of a lot better.

It's going to be insane. Aldo on the January 1 card defending his belt?! That's sick!!!

Sportsnet MMA Pool - Fall 2010

Overview:

Take on all comers with MMA Tournament Pick 'em, a bracket-style fantasy game that lets you pick the winners in the biggest fights in MMA. Make your picks, follow the action throughout the tournament, and see if you can beat the field to be the ultimate tournament champion.

Tournaments consist of between four and six MMA events that occur over the course of several weeks. The fights from those events populate the familiar bracket structure used in other tournament games. The stakes are raised in each round as point values escalate. But don't discount the early rounds; creating uninterrupted strings of connected correct picks makes you eligible for bonus points that can double your score!

Register Here

Join the Pool Here

---- Pool Name: CDCMMA

---- Password: gspgspgsp

Click on "My Bracket" and select the fighters who you think will win.

Click here for the rules.

Here's the Fall 2010 bracket:

14b13kk.jpg

Edited by CanucksHD

So, its safe to say that Koschek is actually mentally retarded. Just a friggin tool eh?

Both.

He's the definition of an asshole, plain and simple.

Complete douchebag.

He makes himself look worse and worse everytime he opens his mouth.

GSP please KO and or break an arm when you fight him!

Sportsnet MMA Pool - Fall 2010

Overview:

Take on all comers with MMA Tournament Pick 'em, a bracket-style fantasy game that lets you pick the winners in the biggest fights in MMA. Make your picks, follow the action throughout the tournament, and see if you can beat the field to be the ultimate tournament champion.

Tournaments consist of between four and six MMA events that occur over the course of several weeks. The fights from those events populate the familiar bracket structure used in other tournament games. The stakes are raised in each round as point values escalate. But don't discount the early rounds; creating uninterrupted strings of connected correct picks makes you eligible for bonus points that can double your score!

Register Here

Join the Pool Here

---- Pool Name: CDCMMA

---- Password: gspgspgsp

Click on "My Bracket" and select the fighters who you think will win.

Click here for the rules.

Here's the Fall 2010 bracket:

14b13kk.jpg

Hey this is sweet, thanks!

Koscheck do anything in particular? Haven't been watching the show this season for some reason.

He started picking on GSP's medic (Tate) pushing him, calling him a male nurse etc. so Tate finally retaliated and called him out on the time he faked being kneed while on the ground and Koschek lost it and grabbed his neck. He then accused GSP of bringing this guy in to get under his skin. My explanation does not do the actual events much justice but its clear that Koschek may be the dumbest man in MMA.

^ I concur. George is doing exactly what I thought he would coaching. anyone else notice the amount of submissions team GSP is winning by? I think that thats what George will catch Koscheck in.

If George catches Koscheck in a guillotine, he better be like "Codeee Mackenziee dat iz for yuu!"

Koschek is absolutely the worst coach ever on this show. He makes rampage look like a motivational speaker. His paranoia is rubbing off on his team and he has them all in fear before every fight. Most coaches use confidence to prepare their fighters but he has his guys convinced they are inferior ( and in many cases they are due to being unprepared). Nam looked like he was going to piss himself before the fight with Cody and if Cody hadnt gassed out he would have destroyed him. I cant effing wait for the GSP fight!

• 2 weeks later...

Rampage is back!! Kinda...

Thought Machida won that but w/e

I thought the Penn/Hughes fight would go the distance and the Machida/Jackson fight would be a guaranteed knockout.

Penn should stay at Welterweight, he has no shot against a true Lightweight like Edgar. Penn struggles to get down to the 155 and loses strength.

An unbiased review of the Page/Machida fight....

I gave it 29-28 Machida. I thought he outscored Page in the first. Round two was Page, and round three was Machida by a mile. I can see how these judges scored the first two for Page though. He was more aggressive. As gay as that criteria is, that's the way it is. I obviously don't agree with it, but what are ya gonna do. Machida fought like a chicken tonight and it caught up to him.

However, for the first time EVER, I cheered for BJ Penn. And he destroyed Hughes in 21 seconds. Ha ha.....

ALSO ALSO..... George Sotiropolus is quickly becoming a LW contender. Would love to see him vs Dunham (after Dunham rapes KenFlo of course).