The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Just happy Connor lost. All that personal trash talk, not surprising Khabib did something stupid.  Connor definitely got in his head.  Khabib has been nothing but class his whole career so it's out of character for him to act like that.   No excuse though.  

Connor has charged in the ring as a corner man in another promotion so it's rather hypocritical for the his fanboys to shame Khabin for his antics.  

Dude tapped to an RNC that wasn't even under the chin.  His neck wasn't even parallel to his shoulder so the official "neck crank" ruling is misleading.  He wanted out or he wouldn't have tapped.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fagin said:

Character be damned Conors mouth deserves anything it gets i just tend to live in the real world ....you should try it sometime

Win or lose, at least he handles his own sh*t on his own. When the Diaz brothers slapped around Khabib and his boys, they did it themselves. Khabib's boys are the only ones who can't seem to do things 1v1 and attack from behind. Pretty cowardly. Again, Khabib needs a new crew.

Just now, Bocivus said:

Just happy Connor lost. All that personal trash talk, not surprising Khabib did something stupid.  Connor definitely got in his head.  Khabib has been nothing but class his whole career so it's out of character for him to act like that.   No excuse though.  

Connor has charged in the ring as a corner man in another promotion so it's rather hypocritical for the his fanboys to shame Khabin for his antics.  

Dude tapped to an RNC that wasn't even under the chin.  His neck wasn't even parallel to his shoulder so the official "neck crank" ruling is misleading.  He wanted out or he wouldn't have tapped.

Huge difference between a shove and a clusterf*ck where people got arrested.  I'm no fighter's fanboy and I think Khabib was stupid to do what he did.  It's going to cost him.

5 minutes ago, Bocivus said:

I looked around but I can't seem to find any video where Conor rushes into a ring and attacks a guy. I found one where he jumped in to the ring to celebrate his boy's win and then got mad at the ref for shoving him. Could you please link to this video of Conor attacking someone after jumping in?

5 minutes ago, Bocivus said:

Really, the whole thing started with Khabib and his “bros” ganging up on one of McGregors teammates in a disgusting display of, I got a tiny tool but this compensates for it. 

4 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Huge difference between a shove and a clusterf*ck where people got arrested.  I'm no fighter's fanboy and I think Khabib was stupid to do what he did.  It's going to cost him.

Hopefully that's all that happens.....a fine or

5 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Definitely stupid and yeah, will cost him.

But let's not forget the bus incident.

2 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I looked around but I can't seem to find any video where Conor rushes into a ring and attacks a guy. I found one where he jumped in to the ring to celebrate his boy's win and then got mad at the ref for shoving him. Could you please link to this video of Conor attacking someone after jumping in?

That's the incident.  He ran in to celebrate before the fight was officially called.   Then shoved the ref and tried to attack him after the ref tried to clear him from the cage.

Thrn had to be held back to prevent him from fighting the ref.  C'mon, man. You know.

Just now, canuckster19 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if the NSAC suspends or outright bans Hurgeedurrov, plus one of the guys who attacked McGregor is a UFC fighter so his career is probably over.

Dana said any fighter under UFC contract that was involved will be drummed out of the company.

5 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

1 minute ago, Bocivus said:

Oh come on, that's nowhere close to the same thing. First of all, he jumped in the ring when the announcers said that it's all over, the music had started playing and his buddy was already celebrating. The ref pushed McGregor (14 sec mark) and that set him off because we all know Conor has the temperament of a 5 year old. But no where did he go swinging at the ref trying to assault him.