The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

11 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Talk $&!# get banged. Don't play with fire and then complain when you get burned. But yeah, for sure. The 27-0 light weight champion of the UFC is a pussy. He could've ended Artem with 1 hand. 

I'd much rather see Diaz actually beat up McGregor again than watch Khabib outwrestle him. I wouldn't call losing a wrestling match "getting banged".

I'm no fan of Conor as he's a very outspoken racist, but those are the guys you want to see get punched and bust open in the face and get knocked out, not have a guy pass from full guard to half guard for 20 minutes then choke out. 

I'd much rather see the Leafs blown out 7-0 than have a team limit them to 2 shots and beat them 1-0.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I'd much rather see Diaz actually beat up McGregor again than watch Khabib outwrestle him. I wouldn't call losing a wrestling match "getting banged".

I'm no fan of Conor as he's a very outspoken racist, but those are the guys you want to see get punched and bust open in the face and get knocked out, not have a guy pass from full guard to half guard for 20 minutes then choke out. 

I'd much rather see the Leafs blown out 7-0 than have a team limit them to 2 shots and beat them 1-0.

Is Connor a real villain, or just playing the heel - WWE style?

54 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

You do realize the only significant punch that was landed was by Khabib? He buckled Conor in the 2nd round.

He also ground and pounded him numerous times throughout rounds 1 2 and 4. 

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Talk $&!# get banged. Don't play with fire and then complain when you get burned. But yeah, for sure. The 27-0 light weight champion of the UFC is a pussy. He could've ended Artem with 1 hand. 

I find it mildly funny that a Philadelphia fan of all people, the capital of trash talking sports fans, thinks Artem deserved what he got. And yeah, if he wasn't a P---- he would have got off that bus and took the beating he deserved for that uncalled for slap in the face, I mean, really that's your kind of logic right?

4 minutes ago, canuckster19 said:

I find it mildly funny that a Philadelphia fan of all people, the capital of trash talking sports fans, thinks Artem deserved what he got. And yeah, if he wasn't a P---- he would have got off that bus and took the beating he deserved for that uncalled for slap in the face, I mean, really that's your kind of logic right?

I see reading comprehension is not your strong suit .

It has been stated numerous times that Artem was talking $&!# on a Russian radio show about Khabib, calling him a bitch. Khabib saw him in the lobby and questioned him about the interview. 

Also, as I've stated, UFC vlog cameras clearly caught Khabib and his manager saying "open the door" when they were on the bus.

You are not reading the posts in this thread so I'm done discussing this topic with you. 

Edited by RRypien37

36 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

You do realize the only significant punch that was landed was by Khabib? He buckled Conor in the 2nd round.

Conor was quite relaxed in terms of not taking damage in round 1 on the ground. Announcers even kept commentating on how its good Conor isn't trying to get up against the cage and not using energy because he's not getting damage. 

Again, Khabib won the MMA match, which is what he was there to do, but he hardly "banged" or "kicked" Connor's ass. He landed some good strikes near the end of round 2 when he was standing and Conor was on his back, that's as close to kicking someone's ass for talking smack about your religion there was. 

Khabib had a strategy, and that's to use his elite ground game to inhibit Conor from moving and then submit it. Thats fine. The most boring fighter in the world GSP does the same thing. 

The narrative someone sh*tkicked Conors mouth in for all the smack he talks is wrong. He was beat by the best grappler on the ground. 

Edited by NucksPatsFan

10 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Conor was quite relaxed in terms of not taking damage in round 1 on the ground. Announcers even kept commentating on how its good Conor isn't trying to get up against the cage and not using energy because he's not getting damage. 

Again, Khabib won the MMA match, which is what he was there to do, but he hardly "banged" or "kicked" Connor's ass. He landed some good strikes near the end of round 2 when he was standing and Conor was on his back, that's as close to kicking someone's ass for talking smack about your religion there was. 

Khabib had a strategy, and that's to use his elite ground game to inhibit Conor from moving and then submit it. Thats fine. The most boring fighter in the world GSP does the same thing. 

The narrative someone sh*tkicked Conors mouth in for all the smack he talks is wrong. He was beat by the best grappler on the ground. 

Clearly we watched 2 different fights. 

It was close to getting called more than once from Khabib's relentless ground and pound.

Khabib landed more on the feet as well and landed the punch that buckled Conor. His jabs also gave Conor the black eye. 

He beat him everywhere. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Clearly we watched 2 different fights. 

It was close to getting called more than once from Khabib's relentless ground and pound.

Khabib landed more on the feet as well and landed the punch that buckled Conor. His jabs also gave Conor the black eye. 

He beat him everywhere. 

Personally I only saw once where it could've been called, where Conor was on his back protecting his face with Khabib standing on top of him. But yeah, different perspectives. I just want someone to do to Conor what Lewis did to Volkov (without the losing for the whole fight until the 1 punch part) 

Lol, RDA re: 'Dillan Dennis"

https://twitter.com/RdosAnjosMMA/status/1048967258121224192?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Looks like Conor will be in trouble too.

McGregor cited for UFC mayhem; Coach pleads for Khabib leniency but condemns dog shot

https://www.news.com.au/sport/ufc/mcgregors-camp-pleads-for-leniency-for-khabib/news-story/7498fbc8f718e9ba53280734259a02e8

Edited by bishopshodan

7 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

ya, Khabib won that fight everywhere.

This wasn't a lay n'pray match either for the wrestler. As you stated, he hurt CM with that punch and gave him GNP with verbal scolding. He also finished him, Conor died on the battle field, this wasn't a decision, he tapped, and he tapped to a neck crank, Khabib didn't even get the arm under the neck for the RNC. 

Conor does not deserve a rematch with that effort. I hope Khabib is a man of his word and gives TFerg a shot.

• Upvote 2

cormier vs lewis in less than a month for hw title. Not sure how recovered lewis will be in that short of a turn around. Guess Cormier wanted another fight for $ before lesnar or lesnar has failed a drug test.

Would rather have seen Jones fight him at HW, but maybe Jones will fight for the vacated LHW title as i dont seen cormier dropping down to defend it

On 2018-10-08 at 6:57 PM, bishopshodan said:

ya, Khabib won that fight everywhere.

This wasn't a lay n'pray match either for the wrestler. As you stated, he hurt CM with that punch and gave him GNP with verbal scolding. He also finished him, Conor died on the battle field, this wasn't a decision, he tapped, and he tapped to a neck crank, Khabib didn't even get the arm under the neck for the RNC. 

Conor does not deserve a rematch with that effort. I hope Khabib is a man of his word and gives TFerg a shot.

Agreed. Anybody saying Connor deserves a rematch is delusional. He was exposed by a much better fighter on a whole different level then he is. I was always intruigned by Mcgregor and his tenacity in the octagon but was never sold on how good he was hyped up to be. He ground game is non existent and it showed against the first fight with Nate Diaz. Khabib made him look like a B level fighter. T Ferg has a legit shot at beating Khabib because he has a fighters heart. However, I think the Eagle reminds me a lot of Fedor in his glory days, where his opponents were already defeated as soon as they stepped in the ring and didn’t have the mental fortitude nor the self confidence to defeat a surpreme fighter. I think his reign will last a while longer than some unsuspecting fighter will catch him off his guard and beat him ala Werdum with Fedor. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Agreed. Anybody saying Connor deserves a rematch is delusional. He was exposed by a much better fighter on a whole different level then he is. I was always intruigned by Mcgregor and his tenacity in the octagon but was never sold on how good he was hyped up to be. He ground game is non existent and it showed against the first fight with Nate Diaz. Khabib made him look like a B level fighter. T Ferg has a legit shot at beating Khabib because he has a fighters heart. However, I think the Eagle reminds me a lot of Fedor in his glory days, where his opponents were already defeated as soon as they stepped in the ring and didn’t have the mental fortitude nor the self confidence to defeat a surpreme fighter. I think his reign will last a while longer than some unsuspecting fighter will catch him off his guard and beat him ala Werdum with Fedor. 

Ferguson vs Khabib if Khabib isn't suspended too long.

Furguson vs Poirier for interim belt if necessary.

Just now, King Heffy said:

Ferguson vs Khabib if Khabib isn't suspended too long.

Furguson vs Poirier for interim belt if necessary.

Ferguson is the only fighter I see now with a shot at beating him. However, I wouldn’t  count out Nate Diaz either if he ever agreed to drop to 155 again. He has the cardio, technicality, and smarts to go a full 5 rounds and pull off a decision victory. 

5 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Ferguson is the only fighter I see now with a shot at beating him. However, I wouldn’t  count out Nate Diaz either if he ever agreed to drop to 155 again. He has the cardio, technicality, and smarts to go a full 5 rounds and pull off a decision victory. 

There is no way you deny Ferguson a title shot after that fight.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Thought he needed to work on his cardio before he could challenge for a belt?

Ya, unless he gets lucky with a knockout I think its Cormier looking for an easy W. The UFC should make him defend his LHW belt 1st since thats the 1 he hasnt defended in a while. I think he should have to relinquish that belt so the UFC can make a title fight for the LHW belt. Its silly to have these belts held up for a long time just to have some kind of 2 belt legacy. Conor never defended his belts, atleast Cormier is fighting I suppose.

Would have been interesting to see if Jones vs Cormier at HW would have made any difference to see if Cormier could actually win. Here is hoping the LHW title bout is Cormier vs Gustafsson in the early new year.

Ferguson deserves title fight vs Khabib, but might have to wait a while to see that happen, depending on the suspension. McGregor since he never defended his belts doesnt deserve a rematch with that performance on Saturday. Maybe he and Diaz can fight soonish since Poirier is injured.

9 hours ago, Pickly said:

Diaz has fought at 155 for most of his career and was facing Poirer at that weight at UFC 230 (cancelled last night).