The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Just now, NucksPatsFan said:

Cried about his dad for a couple minutes then left. Lol. Somehow expected.

Answering too many questions before NSAC makes it's decision would have been dumb.  He took one question and is getting out of Vegas.  Smartest move he's made all night.

5 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Cried about his dad for a couple minutes then left without taking any questions. Lol. Somehow expected.

I got banned in the HF thread for calling him a pig in sheeps clothing... worth it, bunch of snowflakes over there let that one fly right over their heads and called me a racist.... haha God HF sucks.

Edited by canuckster19

2 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Oh come on, that's nowhere close to the same thing. First of all, he jumped in the ring when the announcers said that it's all over, the music had started playing and his buddy was already celebrating. The ref pushed McGregor (14 sec mark) and that set him off because we all know Conor has the temperament of a 5 year old. But no where did he go swinging at the ref trying to assault him.

The announcers can't officially call the fight.  Only the ref can and he didn't.   

https://mmajunkie.com/2017/11/conor-mcgregor-bellator-187-cage-jump-referee-marc-goddard-explanation

It's all right here ^^ from Goddard, the ref, himself. 

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

Answering too many questions before NSAC makes it's decision would have been dumb.  He took one question and is getting out of Vegas.  Smartest move he's made all night.

The reporter wanted to ask him about the actual 4 rounds of fighting - nothing wrong with speaking about that. I understand not talking about the post-fight stuff.

2 minutes ago, canuckster19 said:

I got banned in the HF thread for calling him a pig in sheeps clothing... worth it, bunch of snowflakes over there let that one fly right over their heads and called me a racist.... haha God HF sucks.

They banned you from the board?  No big loss.  I avoid HF like the plague.

1 minute ago, NucksPatsFan said:

The reporter wanted to ask him about the actual 4 rounds of fighting - nothing wrong with speaking about that. I understand not talking about the post-fight stuff.

Reporters are smart.  They'd immediately follow that up with more questions about the aftermath.  I would if I was them.  It's their job to get the most they can.

14 minutes ago, canuckster19 said:

And why did the bus incident happen... filthy sewer rat with his pigs, 

Confronting someone about talking $h*t and throwing a dolley at a bus window, injuring fighters and causing a significant detriment to a whole fight card...  Not even the same ball bark.  Good try though.

• Upvote 1

He may be injured, who knows.  That or he realized he's filthy rich and wants to get back home after fighting a terrible fight.

Meh, people shouldn’t put too much stock into this loss, how anyone can think the sewer rat KN is a fun fighter to watch needs to give their head a shake. I mean his biggest fan is that overweight fat a, champion who does the same smothering technique thing to his opponents.

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

They banned you from the board?  No big loss.  I avoid HF like the plague.

Nah just the UFC 229 thread.

2 minutes ago, DontTouchMeGuys said:

Khabib isn't perfect, but McGregor vandalized a bus full of both men and women. Men and women who had nothing to do with the quarrel. At least Khabib confronts the guys that are involved.

How does that excuse Khabib and his corner?  Conor paid for that and now Khabib will pay for this.  It's all in NSAC's hands now.  If they suspend Khabib for a year, he'll lose his title.  If he only gets dinged for 6 months, the UFC may just let him keep it.

Just now, Bocivus said:

Confronting someone about talking $h*t and throwing a dolley at a bus window, injuring fighters and causing a significant detriment to a whole fight card...  Not even the same ball bark.  Good try though.

Yeah I guess he never would have dared slap him if his eunuchs weren’t around right?

6 minutes ago, Bocivus said:

The announcers can't officially call the fight.  Only the ref can and he didn't.   

https://mmajunkie.com/2017/11/conor-mcgregor-bellator-187-cage-jump-referee-marc-goddard-explanation

It's all right here ^^ from Goddard, the ref, himself. 

I'm not taking Conor's side, he reacted like an immature child. 

However, whether or not the fight was over had little to do with what happened. It wasn't Conor jumping in the ring to hug his boy that triggered everything. By the time the ref shoved McGregor, the ring was already full with other people. I can certainly understand why the ref shoved McGregor out of frustration - but Conor jumping into the ring did not set off chaos as the other fighter was on the ground on the other side of the ring anyways.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

How does that excuse Khabib and his corner?  Conor paid for that and now Khabib will pay for this.  It's all in NSAC's hands now.  If they suspend Khabib for a year, he'll lose his title.  If he only gets dinged for 6 months, the UFC may just let him keep it.

You're qualifying your statement with the false assumption that I believe Khabib's actions should be excused. I was comparing the moral culpability of both of their actions. 

1 minute ago, canuckster19 said:

Meh, people shouldn’t put too much stock into this loss, how anyone can think the sewer rat KN is a fun fighter to watch needs to give their head a shake. I mean his biggest fan is that overweight fat a, champion who does the same smothering technique thing to his opponents.

It's not who he lost to that I'm annoyed with.  It's the stupid self destructive decision he made the first minute into the fight.  I'm not an MMA pro and I even publicly here on the board called the fight for Khabib after that.  I knew there was no way he was going to recover from that mistake.

11 minutes ago, DontTouchMeGuys said:

Khabib isn't perfect, but McGregor vandalized a bus full of both men and women. Men and women who had nothing to do with the quarrel. At least Khabib confronts the guys that are involved.

Khabib wouldn't get off the bus, so Conor decided to be even more dumb than usual and threw a dolly. 

That's what I love about the Diaz bros. They would've gotten off the bus and scrapped. Khabib only knows how to do one thing and that's dry hump in the octagon. He's all talk outside of the ring and hides behind his sucker punching boys. And the 1 time he actually did confront someone outside a ring (Conor's buddy), it was a 5 on 1 situation in a hotel.